DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Wow was that great to hear Steve Shullo back on the mic yesterday or what not worthy

he's great, had me laughing a bunch all day long...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
well i had a blast at the track yesterday, even though i had my worst times EVER, and two of my worst RT's EVER (i have no idea what was wrong, my car was not reacting at all, or i was fast asleep), and i even managed to go ridiculously red too (my first red btw! woohoo! hah.. was trying to make up for why my car was so slow off the tree that i decided to leave off the 2nd bulb... bad idea)... But on my final run (my first Buyback), it was super fun... Finally got my **** together, ran a decent .044 RT (decent for me at least), going against a cool '66 (i think) mustang, and even though my 60' was horrendous (even worse than usual, car was not up to racing yet, has too many issues at the moment i need to take care of but i wanted to show up anyway), i got to chase him down right through the lights, with my 112 speed compared to his 104... but he beat me anyway...

oh well, my first run of the year, first race of the year, actually still wrapped up from abdominal surgery (probably shouldn't have been racing... crawling under my car was not easy to do), and i got my first point ever! (ok it was just for showing up Big Grin )... cool meeting some of you there too, nice meeting you Amy! and Jr. (again)... and sorry i didn't get to talk to you Chuck and Mark... next time... Met some nice people, and my girlfriend was awesome doing her best back-up girl imitation, struggling around the track on roller skates and short shorts and a Team Eviscerator shirt she made up the night before... (Eddie at the track offered to give her a helmet cause she looked like she was about to wreck but she managed to not go down all day hah...)

i have now officially run a whopping total of 20 times (Rookie Rat), time to do some work on my car (valve guide seals are shot, timing is way off, accelerator pump barely works, front coilovers are sacked out, and need to put my 4.30 gears in, to name a few things, and so need a playback tach... impossible to remember exactly what RPM i'm leaving on or shifting at)

oh and never go drive up to check out the motocross track before racing starts, because you might find the water truck spraying the dirt roads so that when you drive back your car gets COMPLETELY FILLED WITH MUD... had to spend an hour picking mud out from under my chassis... argh! ha

and dig the new stands on the right lane, but did someone totally forget about the tower? it needs a good extra floor on it, at least, the stands totally block it... i'm guessing they have plans for a taller tower, or a newer one... (that tower is so small you could probably jack it up fairly easily and literally add a new first floor below it)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ratty,

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
sorry for the long rookie post.... boring

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ratty, I love the look of your car BTW. Can you make it up on a TNt on thurs? They got atleast 9 runs this past thursday. Keeping working on the car and keep bracket racing to get as much experience as you can.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
Ratty, I love the look of your car BTW. Can you make it up on a TNt on thurs? They got atleast 9 runs this past thursday. Keeping working on the car and keep bracket racing to get as much experience as you can.

hey thanks.. yeah i'll be doing some TnT's for sure... not sure when (funds and timing dictate it)... Whoa, 9 runs??? the most i've ever run is 6, usually it's like 3 or 4...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Chip on the ADRL win! That is a bracket car, and he smacks that tree!

It was good to hear Steve back on the mic... you could tell he's been missing the track.

Ratty, sorry I didn't have a longer minute to chat with you. We doubled up the Olds in Mod and Street, and it took some work to keep her in my preferred temp range. I wanted to check out the big Biscayne up close. I will next time for sure. Yes, test n tune on Thursday nights are a good option for passes usually. This Thursday, if the R word doesn't come into play, should be some good temps for quick passes.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Congrats to Chip on the ADRL win! That is a bracket car, and he smacks that tree!

It was good to hear Steve back on the mic... you could tell he's been missing the track.

Ratty, sorry I didn't have a longer minute to chat with you. We doubled up the Olds in Mod and Street, and it took some work to keep her in my preferred temp range. I wanted to check out the big Biscayne up close. I will next time for sure. Yes, test n tune on Thursday nights are a good option for passes usually. This Thursday, if the R word doesn't come into play, should be some good temps for quick passes.

no prob chuck... yeah, i see that seems to be the thing to do, doubling up... i might do that myself next time... i hate the sitting around, i wish i could just hot lap all day

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I was absolutely ecstatic to hear Steve on the p.a. I went up to the tower to say hi and to tell him that I was glad he was back, but he was so excited to be announcing again, he couldn't bring himself to talk to me. All he wanted to do was be on that mike.

Welcome back

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Today's Cheers and Jeers:
Cheers to having the humor back in the tower - we missed you, Steve! Our other announcers are great, but you crack me up!
Cheers to all of Saturday's Winners - it's a tough field this year...
Cheers to the track crew for making the day great and for the quick clean-ups.

Jeers to whoever posted the points on PRP's website - nice to see them posted by Monday, not so nice having them all wrong...

Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Jeers to whoever posted the points on PRP's website - nice to see them posted by Monday, not so nice having them all wrong...

Just Joan

Don't go running your mouth if you don't know why they are wrong

The points will be done when they are done. I'd feel the same if it were a smart ass keyboard jockey doing them as well.

The PRP crew works their butts off, just to hear complaints.

Joan, I have a question for you. Did you go find whomever is responsible for the points and actually ask them about it? I bet the answer is no. Maybe, if had you asked them, they could have given you a better answer than they are all wrong.

You're not retarded, but your post definitely was.

Either you're retarded or your posts are, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt this time and just say that your post is retarded.

In your post, you praise the track and also are complaining about the track.

Joan, feel free to grab the keyboard next time. Just sayin. Nobody works harder than the points processor. They are a hard a$$ and keep everyone on the ball. One of these days, their head is gonna explode though. Be glad we have a group of people that want to make sure the points is done extremely quickly. Don't you drive a race car? I would think you want to be sure the points are put up quickly right when you make a run.

Did you really think they wanted the points to have some errors? No offense meant but I doubt that the other tracks that you have visited would get the points up as quickly they did. You know I just had a thought, next time we have a points day, you should do the points being that they don't know how to post them and you obviously have a better handle on it.

How about we just call it over?

Here's a what a novel idea, trying to be a part of a solution than just a complainer.

Ok, now that all of those posts are done with, carry on...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Gover,

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Just Joan

Don't go running your mouth if you don't know why they are wrongRunning my mouth?? I wrote a true statement. Street points are wrong. Joe Tharp, Jr lost first round and bought back. I lost 4th round. Bruce Tharp JR told me he did not join points - shall I go on?

The points will be done when they are done. I'd feel the same if it were a smart ass keyboard jockey doing them as well. I'm sorry - I don't get this one. What is a smart ass keyboard jockey and what does that mean?

The PRP crew works their butts off, just to hear complaints.Do you grasp the concept of a Cheers & Jeers? It's a very common journalist's script.

Joan, I have a question for you. Did you go find whomever is responsible for the points and actually ask them about it? I bet the answer is no. Maybe, if had you asked them, they could have given you a better answer than they are all wrong.Yes, I actually sent an email to Bobby and Jaimie this afternoon when I discovered the errors - is that not the way we were asked to address points issues?

You're not retarded, but your post definitely was.

Either you're retarded or your posts are, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt this time and just say that your post is retarded.I believe the term retarded is not PC the way you are utilizing it. Growth and Progess can be retarded, but I doubt a post or a person should ever be referred to as retarded.

In your post, you praise the track and also are complaining about the track.

Joan, feel free to grab the keyboard next time. Just sayin. Nobody works harder than the points processor. They are a hard a$$ and keep everyone on the ball. One of these days, their head is gonna explode though. Be glad we have a group of people that want to make sure the points is done extremely quickly. Don't you drive a race car? I try, but I have a problem called Asleep at The Wheel Syndrome.I would think you want to be sure the points are put up quickly right when you make a run.Most Americans take a personal pride in the job they do and strive to do it right. Do you feel a sense of accomplishment at your job when you do it well? I know I do.

Did you really think they wanted the points to have some errors? No offense meant but I doubt that the other tracks that you have visited would get the points up as quickly they did. You know I just had a thought, next time we have a points day, you should do the points being that they don't know how to post them and you obviously have a better handle on it.If my job was to post the points I would be grateful for anyone who alerted me of a potential problem so I could correct it and better the situation. Is there an opening?

How about we just call it over? Open Forum means exactly that.I wore a uniform so I could live in a country where you have the right to express your thoughts and opinions. I will defend that right for you as well.

Here's a what a novel idea, trying to be a part of a solution than just a complainer.Edmund Burke wrote All that is Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to Do Nothing. In other words - Make a Difference - Speak up to initiate change. How's that for a Novel Idea??

Ok, now that all of those posts are done with, carry on...

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
You just don't want to let this s**t go, do you?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
1. Tony, the last time I let this **** go I had to call HAZ MAT in.

2. If there was a points class for practice tree I bet they would post it right.

3. I need a hug. Maybe then I wouldn't red light anymore.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
John you are Definitely a Clown and I don't make this claim in a positive way. You are taking a Jab at someone who had nothing to do with your prior discussion.
Maybe I misunderstood your attmept at Humor, but frankly I don't feel thats the case.

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Joan, John is using your post to quote everyone else who slammed him for making comments about the track. He is not pointing you out just using the first person to make any comment.

Seriously though, some of you are taking John to seriously... the PRP DDR forum has got to be the most touchy thread I am involved in Car Rolling

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm still mourning the death of Beastie Boy MCA/Adam Yauch. Especially so soon after losing HeavyD.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck just eat a Dozen Hot Wings and it will all be Better. LOL

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hot wings make everything better! Big Grin
Might have to go to Phillippi's soon...

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All you do is call except for Thur. or Sat. Nights. LOL

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I'm still mourning the death of Beastie Boy MCA/Adam Yauch. Especially so soon after losing HeavyD.

Best video ever, Sabatoge