DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the car was definetly badass

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
It seemed to me that he went from 3rd to 2nd, or 4th to 3rd and got crossed up. Someone said they heard the car go on the rev limiter before it got out of shape. That car is fast, but not fast enough to get loose like that without some help JMO.

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
the live vid of TnT is at justin.tv, at http://www.justin.tv/prpadmin/b/317742480 ... it probably won't be there for very long (they deleted the vid of last saturday's race already)...

the run starts at 08:55:20, a red mustang, quite loud... sounds rough off the launch, then gets back in it... and yeah, just past the 1/8th it starts to swap, first right, then left over the centerline, then back right head on into the guardrail hard at around the 1/4, gets airborne over the guardrail, lands nose down into the dirt and flips upside down... looks like it either hit the timing board, or just landed right under it... but yeah, driver ok... phew, that was ugly....

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
checking 1320go.com, it was in run #4 of the night, at 8:09pm... Last name is Sutton, #PX41... he was doing 101mph at the 1/8th, ran a 9.886 at the 1000'... and then trouble... he had run an 11.20 in his previous run, so yeah, def one of the faster street cars around...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chris Ickes. I guess now I'm forever going to hear how dragsters are so much better than door cars.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
well i can't claim i won anything, but i managed (with a buyback... yeah, lame, i know), to make it to the Semi's... woohoo! ok, sounds lame to you guys, but i've only been down the track a total of 20 runs up until yesterday (i think it's 20), only been in 4 races (and one was rained out before we did Elims, so make that 3 races)... and until yesterday, i had a 0-3 round wins, never making it to the 2nd round... but i managed lots of 'firsts' yesterday...

1st Round Win
1st Perfect Light (almost had two, ran another at .001)
1st Bye Run (almost had two but there were even numbered cars)
1st Red Light (i managed two of them actually, in Rd 1 and in the Semi)
and my best speed too at 113mph

who says a rookie with too much Bondo can't go rounds?! Big Grin

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Ratty

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
1st Round Win
1st Perfect Light (almost had two, ran another at .001)
1st Bye Run (almost had two but there were even numbered cars)
1st Red Light (i managed two of them actually, in Rd 1 and in the Semi)
and my best speed too at 113mph

who says a rookie with too much Bondo can't go rounds?!

......sounds like a very good outing to me.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats cool Ratty, I saw you were going rounds. Looks like you got the car figured out. It wont be long till you go from rookie to hitter.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Chris, runner up and a final is a great way to start the season. Even if he always said "You will never see me in a dragster."

Ratty, there is nothing lame about a buyback. My biggest win to date came on a buyback. Seat time is the key, and it sounds like it's paying off for you. Congrats, and keep it going.

Happy birthday to Bill Turk!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
thanks guys!

oh yeah, i also had my first holeshot round win too with my .001 RT run... watch now that i had a good day, i'm gonna go into a 100 race slump... lol

damn i wish i had my own track so i could practice every day... these non-racing days blow

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was good to see Mia back at the track Saturday. Man she is flying in her dragster. Also good to see the boss, Michael Tedesco, for the first time in a long time. It is his birthday today as well. Happy birthday Michael!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
i may be wrong, but hearing from some at the track, the car that took me out in my first Elim round, in a new fancy white Audi SUV/Minivan thing, where i would've had a Bye run if it wasn't for that very last car, and i ended up going .048 red against their good .052 (and they were way off on their dial, and i was pretty close, so that was especially painful)... was Mia's personal car... Maybe? someone said that might've been Mia, but the name on the car was Lynch (and i thought she was just in Top...)... either way, i was beaten by a freakin' minivan! bad for the ego... ha... i remember being totally confused at the tree, i thought it was broken... i had never gone against another car that was dialed so much slower than me... They took off, and i was like, wth happened to my lights? are they broken? that definitely messed me up... ha

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Bill and Michael.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ratty,
if it said lynch, then it would have been jason lynch.
one heck of a hitter!!!!!!

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ratty, yep, Jason Lynch is a national hitter, and part of the CARS team. The staggered bulbs can get you, especially when the dials are within 1.5 seconds of each other. A good reference site, if you haven't been there before, is www.staginglight.com

Your vid of the Mac Attack came out sweet, post it up here too.

Who had the cleanest Pacer wagon I'd ever seen, left lane pits, hillside side at the scoreboards?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Wayne and Garth

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Did you notice the licorice dispenser?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Party on, Tony.

But theirs was a regular fish bowl Pacer. This one was a wagon, which is more aquarium than fish bowl. It was yellow, super clean, at least that I could tell cruising by on the golf cart.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
i saw that Pacer wagon! i don't think i've ever seen a Pacer wagon before, it was super clean (and super ugly... lol)... very cool in its very rare ugliness

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie