DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I saw that last night, very nice touch.

If you're not on Mark's CaringBridge page, there were 69 cars in the procession, led by Mark's '69 on a flatbed driven by Mark Jr, and ended by a friend's '69 on a flatbed. A good number of friends brought their cars out on a drizzly gray morning to pay tribute, in addition to all the cars in the earlier pic I posted. '64 Fairlane, '69 Camaro, '66 Olds 442, '66 Olds 4 door, '65 Impala, '68 Shelby Mustang convertible, '69 GTO. After the service, it was off to the track, for Mark to take one more win light. I talked to Christine Thursday night, and she was doing pretty good.

The Camaro and Olds in front of the funeral home:

The crowd watching the last pass:

Staged up:

Hard to see, I'll replace it if I get a better image:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Thanks for the pictures

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
If anyone would like to see the video of Mark's Final Pass, let me know. I took one on my cell phone. It is not the best quality but it sure is special. I have been so blessed to be considered one of Mark and Christine's boys and will think of Big Brewer everyday! What an amazing man!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
If anyone would like to see the video of Mark's Final Pass, let me know. I took one on my cell phone. It is not the best quality but it sure is special. I have been so blessed to be considered one of Mark and Christine's boys and will think of Big Brewer everyday! What an amazing man!

Truly a remarkable man with a remarkable tribute. WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH OUT HIM!!! He guided so many people that I can't imagine life without him

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Anyone have contact info for Scott Ringer? Please email me at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com if you do.

If you're not on Christine's CaringBridge page for Mark, you're missing out. She shared how she and Mark met on her latest:

Today was a really bad day. I guess it was because it's Monday and I would let Mark know what we had for the week and remind him of who he had to call or tow in. Plus, I'm sick and went to the doctors and then to the funeral home to pick up Mark's certificates. And I guess it's one second at a time. Sonya helped out today and Mike once again did an excellent job for us! A few customers (friends) came in and Father John stopped by too! Father John said it right though, we're all lost sheep! The hardest visitor today was Joe Zeoli. One of Mark's great friends. I did manage to make a couple of phone calls to check on some of our friends. I have a few more to go and one special phone call to make, but I need more time.

It's time for a memory! How Mark and I met! Well, my old 1974 Ford LTD was making a tapping noise so I took in to where I would have my car repairs done and the gentleman that used to work was gone and Mark was working there. So, I told Mark that my valves needed adjusted because they where getting loud and he proceded to tell me that they were unadjustable and ramble on about my motor and I didn't know what I was talking about. So, I said to him, "Well, thank you very much! And, I don't like you!" He said, "Well, I don't like you either!" Me, "So are you going to fix my car or what?" Him, "Maybe, maybe not!" Him, "Your going to have to do it my way because I know more than you!" Me, "Fine!" So, I waited and I don't know what he did, but she was quiet as ever! Then Mark asked me to go for coffee! I said, "Didn't you hear what I said, I don't like you!" Him, "I didn't ask you if you liked me, I only asked you to go for coffee!" I can remember how frustrated I was and he just smiled!!! Then said, "Well at least you drive a Ford." I said, "Do they make cars other than Fords?" So from that day, he was very persistant and I resisted. So, we would talk now and then on the phone after all he had my number from my repair order!
We really never had a first date though, Mark came over to my home and we were supposed to go out, but we ended up talking till 4 in the morning and boy could he talk! I was amazed of the knowledge he had of Fords and Mustangs. I think he had my heart when he said Mustangs! But our first real date he came over in his 66 Black Mustang Convertible, 4 speed, posi, 289 HP! He was showing off though shifting without the clutch, smart ass! I remember it was cold and two dumbies decided to put the top down and we had a blast, of course we were sick after that, but we had fun! Then he let me drive the Mustang and mind you I haven't driven a stick in a long time, but he said that okay I have another clutch at home!! God, I miss him so much! I love the memories! But, he never did have to replace the clutch in the old girl! How about that! He would say, just listen and she'll tell you when to shift! How did I get so lucky! I guess Mark is telling me to listen! And, to take care of me now!

Good night

Always, "Thinking of Nikki and Mark".....Forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I distinctly remember Mark, telling me about 'some GIRL who told me her Ford needed the valves adjusted', then being surprised & embarrassed when he did the job:
I can't recall if he was racing a Blue & White street-driven Cougar, a Gold Marquis, or a Red Monte Carlo (with a PowerGlide!)I'd sold him, at that particular time

Mark resisted cutting-up that '66 rag-top for a l-o-n-g time, and he couldn't run 13.99 or quicker without doing-so

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ CASINI PM

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Markie Brewer on his win at the practice tree race, Race For Andrew, this past Saturday. He met up with Andrew's buddy, Randy Biddle Jr in the final. That's some good stuff.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great job Markie. I bet that place was packed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Markie did tell me that he beat Dave Connolly in I believe round one and Rick Baehr at some point as well.... Talk about some heavy hitters....
Like Markie said, he does have the best Co-pilot now.... FOREVER 53!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats really cool

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nice Markie!!!!!!!

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not worthyWay to go, Markie! Show some big boys how it is done! Good job! not worthy

Here is Karen's latest post on CarePages, thought our race family might want to join in on this!

"Join me on Sunday, December 13, 2009 along with other bereaved families, for The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting.

Visit The Compassionate Friends website to find a formal service near you, or light a candle in your home at 7 PM knowing you will be joined by hundreds of thousands of people who are thinking about the children around the world who are gone, but continue to live on in the hearts that they touched.

***************THINKING OF NIKKI...ALWAYS AND FOREVER*******************

Karen"

I will light a candle and think of Nikki and all the little angels, and their families, who have touched our lives! Angel

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Here's the video of Mark's last pass, thanks to Jordan.
Forever 53

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to AJ and Brianna! It was a wonderful day, and I'm so glad that our angels helped get us lots of sunshine. Best wishes for a happy and healthy life together.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats. AJ and brianna
couldnt have asked for a better day for a great couple to tie the knot.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
congrats. AJ and brianna
couldnt have asked for a better day for a great couple to tie the knot.

Great pictures! I am very happy for you guys and wish you all the best as you spend the rest of your life together!

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
UGGGG. Why does my head hurt so bad??

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
UGGGG. Why does my head hurt so bad??

LOL thats what I was thinking Bob. I stopped at my moms house today and she asked why I looked so bad. Im not letting Bill buy me any more drinks. Razz

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post