DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I was wondering does anyone know if the Saturday and Sunday Junior dragster race in early April was the IHRA Division race or a different one?
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, the word I have is that it is.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday goes out to Greg Miller today!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Greg Miller!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I want to let everyone know about this years payout structure. The payouts for Top and Mod will be as the following

Jones Trailer sales Top class and Millerstown Pic-A-Part Modified class will be brought to you with a Mike's Autobody Gaurantee (Mike Fiore)

TOP AND MOD

$1000 win
$350 Ru
$100 semi's
$20 Rnd money starting 2nd round win

$40 entry Gauranteed Purse on the 15 Points days.
Entry stayed the same but the payout just got larger. Special thanks to these 3 sponsors along with all other sponsors at PRP.

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
happy belated birthday Greg!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
A big "THANK YOU!" to the Sponsors!!!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to remember...are PRP's point events usually run on Saturday?

Also, does anyone have a general idea of how long the practice tree event will go? That weekend is the final one before my son goes off to the Navy and I want to see if he wants to try to pick up a few round wins before being away from racing for 4-5 years.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Points racers are on Saturdays. The practice tree race will probably run until about 6PM.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think we start with 1 on a Sunday in late April, then move to Saturdays, with scheduled make up days on a Sunday in case we lose one to rain. If we don't lose one to rain, then that Sunday make up day does not get used.

Out guess is about 6. There are about 40 confirmed coming at this point. So it depends on how the races progress, on how many we get in, and how long we stay. We did 3 under the pavillion at the bracket finals, with about 20-25 in each race, and it took an hour and a half or so. With the additional entries, I think we can get 3 races in for sure by 6PM, and probably well before that, giving us time for another race or 2. I hope you guys can make it over.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
..... before my son goes off to the Navy.....

PLEASE extend our thanks to him, for his service.
Wink

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
..... before my son goes off to the Navy.....

PLEASE extend our thanks to him, for his service.
Wink

I will (and hopefully he will also see your posting).

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The PRP site now has the forum open for registration.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
please see the 'Footbrake @ No Electronics Talk!' section of this Forum, thread entitled "TAKE ACTION" :

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/55460442/m/3731032853/p/2

might be a chance for PRP to step-up, and give unhappy NHRA Division 1 foot-brake racers a place to compete over a 3 day wekend with big payouts, late in the season.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Sorry Greg. Happy birthday. Give me a call, I'll let you buy me lunch for your b-day.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nice though, but the timing is wrong for it, Glenn. PRP is hosting the IHRA Div 3 bracket finals on the same weekend that MG host the NHRA Div 1 bracket finals.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Nice thought, but the timing is wrong for it, Glen. PRP is hosting the IHRA Div 3 bracket finals on the same weekend that MG host the NHRA Div 1 bracket finals.

DUH!
Red Face

I didn't realize this until after I posted that (PRP site-schedule is kinda-slow to load for me? ), nor did I know the track was closing immediately following the E.T. Finals for major upgrades:
still, there is a heckuva opportunity for a Track Op to host a major weekend of foot-brake racing to satisfy that group of racers.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Practice tree race is on for tomorrow! If you didn't rsvp, so what, come on out and have some fun! The Salem Gun club is about 1.5-2 miles west of PRP, off of Route 22. At the light where Route 119 meets 22, Operator's Way is the road opposite of 119. Turn on to Operator's Way.
Make a right at first stop sign and then bear hard to the left at 90 degree turn in the road.
2nd right off that road (Salem Drive) will be the Salem Gun Club road. It is the only building on that gravel road. We will have some marker signs out by 22 and then at the gun club road.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Well I got to hand it to Chuck, Mark, AJ, and the many others behind the scenes people that made the Practice tree race a very cool event.
Great job

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. And please thank Steve Waller again from us.

I first want to say thank you to everyone who came out and spent a Saturday with us. I want to thank Linda and Dean Pollock for the Texas Lasagna, and the recipe. Thanks to Amy Romeo for the rigatoni. Thanks to Beth McCann for the cheesy potatoes. Thanks to Amy, Frank, Kevin, and Mark Romeo, Mark's girlfriend Beth, and Joey Pinskey, for renting the club, picking up the chicken and munchies, setting up the tables and chairs, and getting tablecloths down. Thanks to Beth for working the door and collecting the cover charge. Thanks to Brianna Bowman for helping me out all day. Thanks to Greg Miller and Scott Campbell for bringing their tree. Thanks to Dean for taking the pictures. I love to race, and can't wait to start, but I also love being part of the racing community. Yesterday was all about family, and friends as close as family. To me, it felt like we were in 1 big living room, hanging out and having a good time.

Again, I want to thank our sponsors:
Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
NAPA Auto Parts
Avon sales rep Christine Brewer
www.juniorspecialties.com
Vasbinder Accounting & Tax Service
Team HUYA

Double entries were allowed, and Russ Benish took full advantage in Race 1 ($5 entry), continuing where he left off last season. He had both entries still in at the quarterfinals, defeating Joe Fox Sr and Barry Barnett. Mike Egan was still in with both of his entries, winning one over Vanessa Noon, dropping the other to Scott Campbell. Barry, Joe, Vanessa, and Mike picked up $7 as their quarterfinal payout. In the semis, Russ knocked out both Scott and Mike. They got $23 each, while Russ collected the winner and runner up prizes, $140 and $70.

Race 2 was the big money race, at a $20 entry. Track champ and Race 1 winner Russ ran into a freight train in young Mark Vasbinder in round 3, and got knocked out. There were actually 9 racers in the quarters, with AJ Casini holding 2 of the spots. He lost 1, to Mark Vasbinder, and won the other over Scott. Mike Balaska knocked out Matt Cadamore, and Mark Romeo won the sibling rivalry battle over Kevin. AJ, Matt, Scott, and Kevin picked up $15 each. The 9th racer was a Benish... Russ' nephew Jacob, with the bye.

Mark Vasbinder had the bye at 5 racers. There were some awesome matchups all day, and the final 5 proved it. Mike got the win over Jacob, and AJ picked it up over Mark. Jacob and Mark picked up $30 each. In the semis, AJ had the bye, and Mike took out Mark. Mark, being the only semifinalist, picked up $100. in the best of 5 final, AJ and Mike were throwing blows like Ali-Frazier. It seemed like each of the wins were only a couple thousandths apart. AJ got with win, $450 to him, $220 to Mike.

In race 1, Christine Brewer put up $20 to the first .007 reactin time in eliminations, and Nick Bowman picked that up. The World Class Transmission Westmoreland County bounty was on Mark Romeo, and Vanessa Noon knocked him out in the second round to pick up $10.

Dean Pollock, of Dean Racing Engines, put up $50 to the first perfect reaction time in eliminations, starting with round 2 of race 1. Mark Brewer Jr, who had to work during the first race, picked it up on his second hit on the tree in first round of race 2. Ryan Hann had the World Class Transmission Westmoreland County bounty on him in race 2, and Mark Romeo got his bounty back in a tight one over Ryan.

Race 3 was FREE, thanks to the generosity of Dean Racing Engines and World Class Transmission. Dean put up a nice crisp $100 bill, and we had $80 left from the generous donation Beth and John McCann had given us. Everyone still there was automatically put into the race. With 3 racers left, Mike Egan had the bye, and Bob Spelic and Nick Bowman paired off to put a Mopar racer into the final. It was Nick, and Mike took him out. $20 went to Bob, $40 to Nick, and $120 to Mike.

Steve Waller at www.juniorspecialties.com put up a $100 gift certificate to the junior racer with the most round wins on the day, and a $50 gift certificate to the junior racer with the second most. Jacob Benish and Thomas Vasbinder were tied, and ran off for it. Jacob prevailed to pick up the $100, and the "I kicked butt at the 2008 practice tree race" tshirt.

Team HUYA contributed 5 gift cards to Advance Auto Parts, and my memory is failing me a little... I think Joe Fox Sr, Ron Boyce, Amy Romeo, and Steve Vasbinder were 4 of the winners. Avon sales rep Christine Brewer donated 2 gift bags, one for a gentleman, one for a lady. Ed Galanda was drawn for the guy's bag, and Jeff Hann for the ladies. Jeff, showing some skills, knows that Valentine's Day is just a few days away. NAPA Auto Parts and Joe Devola put together an awesome car care bucket, and I think Joe Fox Jr picked that up? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.