DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TH383:
Hey guys this race this weekend. I have to work sat but if we where going to come down sunday would it be worth it. Is there going to be time trails before eliminations. Are we going to have to pit in BFE. I want to race this track and every year I never make it down. I think I can talk my brother into bringing his car down. I would hate to drive all the way down and only get 1 time shot on a track I never been at. Thanks.

There will be time trails and I think it will be worth it it should be a good time and the weather looks good for sunday.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I saw something about 1 time trail and then a runnoff or something. I think we are going to really try to make it down.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
No problem Ray. That's what friends are for.

TH383, I *believe* we are scheduled for 1 time trial on Sunday, but I could be wrong. I'll edit if I am. I think you should be ok on pit spots. $45 to run for $1500 is pretty nice. There should also be buybacks. The traction at PRP is awesome, and the track is very smooth.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. I have always heard the hook there is awesome. Always heard the hospitality from the owners is second to none also. Would be tough with only one shot at the tree though.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to thank everybody who attended the Div. 3 Team Finals, participants, spectators, and owners & the IHRA staff. There was a total effort by all to have fun and show good sportsmanship. I think we can do nothing but get better with a year experience and have more plans for fun.
Should be bigger also to help accomadate everyone a lil more comfy also. Not once did I hear one complaint on parking although there could have been some, truth be told. Everyone made the best of it and came to do battle and have fun.
There were some great battles and beautiful cars, it was just AWESOME.
Congrats to all winners, runner ups and so on. The competition was very stiff and the battle went to the very end and any of 3-4 teams could have won easily with a lil luck. I honestly felt 42 had the edge untill the 6th round when we had 2 of our guys take out 2 of theirs and that became the deciding factor. Untill then our Jr's. carried us into the late rounds. We didn't have one winner except in Junior. Honestly we were fortunate, but happy to be.
Was very proud of of our staff with the help of the IHRA staff on a very well run event and very well planned. It sure was alot of hard work but it was worth it.
The best part is we already had a meeting and we will be better next year

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
Check out norwalk's web site www.norwalkraceway.com. Congrats and good job, Frank, Mike and Carmen and all the PRP staff.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
frank,
you guys did a fantastic job!!!!!!!!
you should defintly be very proud.
i really liked how you had non racing stuff going on all weekend for the kids and ones that werent racing.
cant wait for next year

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It was a great event and the PRP owners and staff did an awesome job!! We were glad to help contribute and be a smal part of the win as it was a true team effort. Great job to everyone. It was the best race that we ever have attended. Always something to do for everyone.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's something I forgot to mention, having the front of the tower as a kids area, for the basketball hoop, the video games, and movies. That was a great touch.

Very cool of Norwalk/SREMP to post their congrats.

And the 2 pictures I mentioned that I really wanted to see? They're on the link!!:
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/WeeklyWinners/index.php

Weather is improving every day for this weekend! I can't wait to race.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The pictures are awesome!! I hope a gallery is made of the event. With my wife breaking her ankle we didn't get to take many pictures and not a single video. If anybody has a video of the finals in Jr dragster, I would love to see it. Andrew doesn't realize what he has done.You can tell that I am really a proud dad. Seeing him holding an IronMan at 11 years old is unreal. Being a divisional race was a great way to do it. Thanks evryone for the support.

Andy & family

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
You know what I think was awesome? Through 50 hours of racing, we wheeled out the track cleaning equipment ONCE. To me, that's just amazing.

I think it's going to take a month for my feet to stop hurting, but it was worth every second I stood up there. Congrats everyone.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
DRAGO!!!ADRIAN..what a great wknd i really liked friday night thou!!!anybody know anthony kronek?tell him he's got an arse whoppin comin..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anthony is a fine young racer here and he said your too old to whup anything.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ok,maybe im to old but no more beer for him.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think he's underage for alcoholic beverages.

On a good note people, I had to battle my lil bro, but got the forum going back up shortly.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Thank you Frank, it's a great thing when used right.
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The PRP forum is back. The home page just doesn't have it listed. Here is the link.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/Forum/index.php

<Bill Turk>
posted
Pittsburgh Raceway Park will join IHRA national event schedule in 2009

San Antonio Raceway will be the site of a historical season opener for IHRA as for the first time in history a major drag racing sanctioning body will host a scheduled 1/8th mile national event. The Amalie Oil Texas Nationals will take place April 4-6 in San Antonio, bringing IHRA racing to the 1/8th mile strip for the third time ever. Track conditions caused two events on the ‘07 Knoll Gas Nitro Jam schedule to be switched from quarter-mile events to the 1/8th mile and the response from fans, sponsors and racers opened IHRA officials’ eyes to the possibility of scheduling a race under this format.

“Last season we really learned something in San Antonio,” IHRA president Aaron Polburn said. “While the quarter-mile has been the standard drag race for a long time, we learned an 1/8th mile national event is a viable, exciting format. The buzz and excitement the Amalie Oil Texas Nationals generated caused us to take a good, hard look at this format. We’re very excited to grow this race and build our 1/8th mile national event slate in the future.”

Polburn was alluding to the 2009 schedule when speaking of more 1/8th mile national events in the future. Pittsburgh Raceway Park in Western Pennsylvania has begun a $2 million facelift and will host a Knoll Gas Nitro Jam 1/8th mile event in June, 2009.

“We are very excited about the possibilities in the Pittsburgh market,” Polburn said. “It is a great area full of extremely passionate sports fans. The Tedesco’s have done an incredible job of turning that track into one of our most treasured venues on the Summit Pro-Am circuit and we want to better utilize Pittsburgh Raceway Park. This is a win-win situation…a national event in a sports-crazy market with track operators who know how to promote.”

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I know Russ, Greg, Scott, and Mike B are heading to Norwalk for the Classic. I'm going up Friday after work to cheer them on. Anyone else from PRP racing?

<Mark Romeo>
posted
I wish I was...someday...lol. I am sticking with haunted houses and VA beach this weekend. Weather in Va Beach should be a lot nicer than at the classic. lol I can't race anyways bad header tube on the ole' Nova means away for winter upgrades she goes.