DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Well I finally made it here! Hi guys!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Hello Christine..... welcome to the dark side

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve! Now is that a good thing or a bad thing? Anyway thanks for the welcome. Does anyone know when the PRP forum will be up and running? We are trying to help AJ and Paul with the fire that happened at their garage. Would it be okay to post it here, and where should I post it? Would like some help on this one!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear about Betsy.
I would think the general discussion area would be the best place to post.

I'd like to say thanks to the people that are helping sponsor the tree race, and also thanks to Mark, Aj and Chuck, for the hassles they went through for putting it together.
It sounds like fun.
....besides what else are you going to doing the week after Groundhogs day?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve... I'm hoping we have a good turnout. Thanks to those who have already responded. And if you haven't yet, email me! Like Steve said... what else are you going to do??? Big Grin

I'm an Evan Knoll fan, for all the support he gives to drag racing. I was even more impressed when he rolled out the POW-MIA Vietnam Veteran's tribute car. But, he's also a huge Steelers fan. I had to dig back in the archives on Competition Plus, but I found the article:

Evan Knoll Super Bowl XL

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Well I finally made it here!

..... it's about-time, dontcha think?

Is it my luck or-what, Christine.....

I move away, and they hold a practice-tree race?
Roll Eyes

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thats a cool article Chuck. Isn't everyone a Steelers fan though.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Glenn, you're welcome to come up to PA in February. I'm sure you miss February PA weather, compared to FL's, right? Big Grin

Thanks to Steve Vasbinder, for pointing out some things that needed clarified on the practice tree race. I've added them in, and the biggest is that roll out will be set for each racer.

Thanks to all who responded thus far. If you haven't, what are you waiting for???

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/BrotherhoodRacing/firstannualtreerace.html

First Annual Practice Tree Race!
Beat the winter blahs! Come on out and have some fun at a practice tree race, that we hope will become an annual event. Mark Romeo, AJ Casini, and I (Chuck Turocy) have been working to get this together for awhile now, and it's going to happen!
Date: Saturday, February 9, 2008

Place: Salem Gun Club, 210 Salem Drive, New Alexandria PA 15670.

Time: Gates open at 1PM, sign up, eat, racing starts at 2PM, til ???

Thanks to our sponsors:

World Class Transmission Service

Dean Racing Engines

NAPA Auto Parts

Avon sales rep Christine Brewer

www.juniorspecialties.com, the best kept secret in junior dragsters

Entry: $5 entry for everyone coming through the door. That entitles you to the food (fried chicken, some sides) and pop. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and beverages($5 cover WILL still apply), but no alcohol please. This is a family oriented event, and there will be kids present.

Races:

Race 1 is $5 entry, race 2 is $20 entry, race 3 (if time allows) is $5 entry. All races will pay 50% to the winner, 25% to the runner up, 15% to the semis (split between the 2 racers), 10% to the quarters (split between the 4 racers). Only race 2 will have buybacks, for $5. We are not looking to make a dime on this. All money will be paid back 100%. If there's anything left after expenses, it will be put into the racing.

Rules: Round 1 in races 1 & 2 will consist of both racers hitting the tree twice as "time trials." Round 2 and on will have no time trials. All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5. Race 3 will have 1 time trial in Round 1, with Round 2 and on having no time trials.

How to enter: "Tech cards" will be 50/50 type tickets, different colors for different races. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in.

Pairings will be randomly drawn.

Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of the round.

Racing is off of the handheld button only.

Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.

The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.

Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.

Rollout will be able to be set for each racer.

The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.

If the purse allows, there will be a bounty. The bounty racer will be randomly drawn. If the bounty racer wins his/her round, they win the bounty. If the bounty racer's opponent wins, s/he wins the bounty.

Email Chuck at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com if you are going to attend. We need to keep a head count to know how much food to get.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
..... I'm sure you miss February PA weather, compared to FL's, right?

..... ahhhhh, you would be WRONG!

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hey Glen, my dad is thinking of selling his 77 if you know anyone.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bob call me i lost your #####.or pm me thanks bill

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Glenn,
Come up! In fact I'll trade places with you! I'll gladly go to FLA!! I love Florida!! How are you? Keeping out of trouble? Not me!!LOL

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
How could you lose my number Prest??

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not sure and verdoni wont give me it..again..nor will bud.whats up with that???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's the 24th of January and the PRP is still not complete. It looks like a new company/person has taken over as the web site administrator too. And it also looks like there won't be a forum, so far. But it sure looks good in the IHRA's view ! Sure, the track is run by the Tedesco's,and they're doing a great job of that, but give the racers a place to discuss/vent/whatever ! It's supposed to be "family" so lets get a forum opened up again. Don't close the forum because of one or two individuals negative comments, ban their addy and let the rest of us "talk"

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, Dan. That's all I have to say about that.

I *think* the new forum will be up soon. It's nice that we have this over here, but 1) we seem to lose it for a week a month, which kills buzz, and 2), not all the local fans, racers, spectators, etc, know about this.

I hope everyone saw that banquet tix needed RSVP'd by Monday, January 28. It will be a good time.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting to for the forum. We will not be attending the banquet, it's my Uncle Eddy's surprise retirement party. The sad thing is that Aunt Karen will not be with us, she passed in August at the age of 61. Have fun guys!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
about the prp site i dont know who is running it now but i dabbled in some producing web sites over the years and my thought was why in the world would they upload a new site that was not and still not completed as of yet that is the stupedist thing i ever saw lets take down a perfectly good operational site and put up a non functining site now that makes sense

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
THanks to all who have rsvp'd so far for the practice tree race. If you're planning on coming and have not emailed me, please do so by Feb 1. We need to get our food order in and buy supplies, etc.