DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
yes keith will stop the rain..
Obviously ..

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Congrats Aj and Mark in the final of MOD and Scotty for the runner up in top. Did Scotty get his dragster figured out?
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Scotty was in the Camaro for both classes, Lou.

A note on the points... make sure your timeslip has the right number on it every pass in eliminations. If it's wrong on the slip, it's wrong in the computer, and you won't get proper credit if you won the round. Also, check your points... if they're wrong, better to know early so it can be researched and corrected. Help yourself and the guys doing the points out.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lou.

Whos all coming to the Gamblers this Thursday?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good reminder AJ... this Thursday's test n tune will also have a gambler's race.

For further clarity... Friday to Sunday this coming weekend, racing is for Pro Am entrants only.

And congratulations to Jason Weaver, picking up the Iron Man in Top Dragster at Sky View yesterday, and to Brent Darroch, for getting the Iron Man in Super Stock at Sky View!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lou really wanted to win that class leaving off the bottom but Big Jim Ganyon was having none of that...

also good job AJ and Markie both you guys were driving good Markie showed me that 4th round of mod... and to Jason for takin down top dragster

see you guys this weekend

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Scotty I wanted to see you do it off the bottom too...I thought it was your day over there. Congrats to Big Jim and Markie.

Good job to Jason as well picking up the big W.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks guys....it was definately a good day.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
BRING KEITH BOWMAN BACK......AND THERE WONT BE ANYMORE TRACTION ISSUES........... Praying

ya that would be nice, although david green is doing a good job, and working his ass off too. the only thing we are lacking is the mid week track prep that most ppl dont know about, and the detailed knowledge that the "master of traction" "the sultan of stick 'em" and "the guro of glue" has! As steve used to call em. bow

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was talking to Dale Duche and asked him if he was having traction issues. For those that do not know, he has a hardtail that runs 7.30's. He said he hasn't had any traction issues and his 60's are 1.08-1.09. He also said if you are having problems to stop by his pit area and maybe he can help you get it sorted out. He would post this himself but is having problems signing on.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
dales the man! that dragster is absolutely rippin!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
It's all in the engine combo with his car. The chipmonks start out easy to make sure it hooks, then they ramp it up down track. Been working on that for years now.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
didnt he hit 181 mph this past weekend?

i know in the lanes , i had jacob meinert in front of me and dale right behind me. i was just thinking god, im in between a rock and a hard place Banging Head

i know with my turd, i only spun on the first time run and that i think was due to just not any rubber down. after the first pass, i was set.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My traction issues are more of a top end issue. The track doesn't seem to be prepped well (if at all) after the 1/8th. Not a problem for most normally aspirated vehicles, but if you have forced induction and can add power in the upper gears, it is an issue.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Great job Jason!!!...tried to catch you down at the winners circle before I left...but I did'nt see you...must have been getting PAID not worthy

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Shutdown at PRP is 1700'. I believe the second year of Michael's ownership, if it wasn't the first in '02 when the whole track was resurfaced, he lengthened it to that 1700'.

Bob, what are yinz feedin' 'em chipmunks? Eyes

Hank, are you on new sneakers?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think that each car has its own little things that get it to hook well. whether it be tires, pressure, spring rates, shocks, 4 link adjustments, converter , ect. to make it work.
there isnt a magic set up that works for every car.

i know the past 2 weeks, i spun on the first pass both weekends and just out like 30'. pedal once and gone. and after the first pass, i have had no problems at all with tire spin.
my theory is that the top cars run right after jrs. no rubber down on the track yet. but once the rubber is there, its ok.
thats just my thinking and learn to adapt to it. if i pedal once, im usually .06 slow.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if that hotrod power tour is still coming to prp. Or did it alredy come?

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone know why they aren't letting local racers participate in the gamblers races at the div.? At Skyview they had a Box/Nobox that paid $1200 a side for $60...nice little race.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Anyone know why they aren't letting local racers participate in the gamblers races at the div.? At Skyview they had a Box/Nobox that paid $1200 a side for $60...nice little race.

Was wondering the same thing. Sorta bummed...will run Thursday night then I suppose us non-pro-am folks are rolling out.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post