DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Weather was great today, Track was good. Bike ran great.

If only PRP staff knew how to clean up an oil spill. They seem to have all of the right equipment now, apparently just don't have the right brushes or cleaners in the "zamboni" or something...

I don't think I have ever been to another track, hat has similar equipment, that takes so long to clean up oil. Its not that it is a certain kind of oil, I has got to be mismatched components in the scrubber or lack of understanding on how to use it to clean up a spill.

Other than that it was a great day. Ended up at 8.351 with just the baby nitrous jets in the bike after only 2 nitrous passes. Previous best was 8.45, spraying 30 more HP.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dont go running your mouth if you dont know why it took so long. It was not a lack of understanding or mismatched components.

Posts: 1 | Location: Level Green  | Registered: February 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Being as one of my best friends was next up in that lane, and I was up right after him, I am absolutely fine with however long the cleanup took. And I'd feel the same if it was some smart as sed keyboard jockey who was up next. The PRP crew works their butts off, just to hear complaints. Thanks again to PRP for opening yesterday, an absolutely gorgeous day, to all the employees who make it so that we can go have fun, to Carmen for the pizza, and especially to Barry, Greg, and Matt, without their help I would not have been on the track yesterday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
These last few months I have been OBSERVING what is going on!
It seems that the Tedesco family has been drinking alot of the NHRA Kool-Aid Busted. My questions to the racers are:

How many Sausage/and or Meatball samiches has Mike and Dim Light shared?
How long before PRP changes it sanction to NHRA?
How are the racers gonna take this?

You all know its coming and probably been secretly talking about it. I realize NOBODY would ever bring this up in a public forum so I decided to get it out there for you. BTW... your welcome

Hey Quaker, this is Just Joan - Please don't try to start something about nothing just to be controversial.
Sanction, Schmantion - IHRA/NHRA/CBS/FBI/PTA - who cares? As long as we have a facility as nice as PRP the true racers will show up regularly. Did you forget that we USED TO BE NHRA??????

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I don't think that QC observer was trying to start anything or be controversial. I think he's just asking our opinions on NHRA.

Here's mine. I like the NHRA. And I like the IHRA, too. It wouldn't matter to me which saction the track was.

Yes Mike(and Carmen) have had conversations with Tom Compton, why wouldn't they? But that doesn't mean a thing. I know for a fact that they are happy with the IHRA and the way that IHRA treats them.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
If only PRP staff knew how to clean up an oil spill. They seem to have all of the right equipment now, apparently just don't have the right brushes or cleaners in the "zamboni" or something...

I don't think I have ever been to another track, hat has similar equipment, that takes so long to clean up oil. Its not that it is a certain kind of oil, I has got to be mismatched components in the scrubber or lack of understanding on how to use it to clean up a spill.

John, I have a question for you. Did you go find Dave or Keith and actually ask them why it took so long for that clean up? I bet the answer is no. Maybe, if had you asked them, they could have given you a much better answer than the "mismatched components" theory. You're not retarded, but your post definetly was.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
You all know its coming and probably been secretly talking about it. I realize NOBODY would ever bring this up in a public forum so I decided to get it out there for you. BTW... your welcome

No, you're right Joan, he's definetly trying to start something.

Hey QC observer, go F.O. We're not falling for it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Mike T, those new grandstands look awesome. If you want to dedicate them to me and rename them the "Tony Fagnilli grandstands", I'm Okay with that.

BTW......thanks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Tony thats a great idea.. I actually laughed out loud!! I ll bring the signs the next time im there!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

John, I have a question for you. Did you go find Dave or Keith and actually ask them why it took so long for that clean up? I bet the answer is no. Maybe, if had you asked them, they could have given you a much better answer than the "mismatched components" theory. You're not retarded, but your post definetly was.

Ok, I will re-phrase. Pretty much everytime there is an oil-down that is more than a small area (100ft+), it takes PRP staff a very long time to clean as opposed to other tracks with similar (looking) equipment.

If the problem is not with the equipment, then the problem is somewhere else.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBarnyk:
Dont go running your mouth if you dont know why it took so long. It was not a lack of understanding or mismatched components.

Ok, then what was the issue this time?

Every track has some issues. The management and general operations of the track are now great and the facility improvements over teh past few years have all been great as well. Getting people in the gate efficiently with the preconfigured registration that was started last year is a big plus as well and are all strong points. Cleaning up oil downs and length of the shutdown, not so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Gover,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ok, I will re-phrase. Pretty much everytime there is an oil-down that is more than a small area (100ft+), it takes PRP staff a very long time to clean as opposed to other tracks with similar (looking) equipment.

Okay, got it. How about instead of coming on here and asking us why it takes so long, why not just go ask Keith. He'd be more than willing to answer your question.

Another thing "small area (100 ft)"?????? Did you go down there and actually measure? Have you ever worked at a track as a crew person that cleans up oil downs? I didn't measure how long that spill was, but it was definetly longer than 100FT.

Either you're retarded or your posts are, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt this time(again) and just say that your post is retarded.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony, I am not saying this particular case was a 100ft oil down, I was stating that it takes longer to clean a moderate oil down of 100ft+ at PRP than it does at other tracks. That's it. There is something that is being done at other tracks that is not being done at PRP when it comes to cleaning oil downs.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Okay, I don't agree with you, but YOU HAVE TO ASK THEM. Coming here and stating that it takes to long to clean up just makes it look like you're complaining. In your original post, you praise the track and also are complaining about the track. I busted Nicks balls about a complaint he had and now your doing the same thing.

At least two or three times yesterday I said to myself, "OMG, what in the hell is taking so long?"

But, you know what? Whenever they're done cleaning up is when they're done cleaning up. I'm not going to complain about it, especially on a forum.

Again, instead of coming here and complaining, ask them.

Opinions and complaints are two different things. Not every opinion is a complaint, but every complaint is an opinion.

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Are there oil downs at practice tree races? Just asking, not important.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
tony you need a HUG you earned one

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
myself i thought the track and the staff did a great job.
i would rather it take them a little longer and make the track right than rush though it and have someone crash down track.
safety is the #1 priority. and the staff made sure of that.
great job guys !!!!

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
quote:

John, feel free to grab a broom next time. Just sayin. Nobody works harder than Keith. He is a hard a$$ and keeps everyone on the ball. One of these days, his head is gonna explode though. Be glad we have a group of guys that want to make sure the cleanup is done right. Don't you ride a drag bike? I would think you want to be sure the bite is right when you make a run.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, that was fun. My wife especially liked the part were I said, "She makes us food." Just typing it makes me laugh outloud. I can say some dumbas s!!t, can't I?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony you did a great job tonight. In spite of the trouble you sometimes start/cause/finish on the internet you really are an ambassador of our sport. Often we have a guest who just answers yes or no to a question. You took every question and expanded on it. You actually do a better interview than John Force. You can be unpredictable and I wasn't sure about how you would do on a live interview, but since the show is only on the internet now instead of live radio at least I didn't have to worry about the FCC getting on our case, LOL.

As for your wife, people don't realize how the most mundane stuff can be a big help to a raceteam.

Thanks again. And I think you kissed enough Tedesco butt that they should name that grandstand after you

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post