DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They are just sparklers for show. Word is IHRA will have him booked for shows. His final run he will put the car on it's top.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy belated birthdays to my buddies Joe Devola and Jordan Haase!! I hope you guys had great days.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From Nikki's CarePage, FYI if anyone can attend

Please spread the word...
Posted 11 hours ago
The THINKING OF NIKKI FOUNDATION has already helped this family, but I am now asking you to help if you live close to Greensburg. I have been asked to help spread the word about this event, so here it is.

*************SPAGHETTI DINNER***************
Two year old Xzavier is currently in Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh. He was diagnosed with cancer after having a tumor removed from his brain. His mom, Alyssa, is at his side. Co-workers from where Xzavier attends daycare have arranged this event to raise money to help this family. All the proceeds will go to them.
The dinner is on Sunday April 22, 2012
3pm to 6pm at the Saint Michael’s Orthodox Church
1183 Ashland Street Greensburg (off the Cedar Street exit on Route 30) Tickets can be purchased at the door or call 724-834-2660.
There will also be a Chinese Auction. Tickets are: $6 for adults $3 for kids 12 and under. 2 and under eat for free. Includes salad, spaghetti and meatball, roll and butter, cake and drink.

Thanks!!! Karen

***THINKING OF NIKKI AND ALL THE KIDS...ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!***

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not that my junk is ready, but, damn rain.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
Need to put new tires on my trailer. It is an 18 +4 vee nose (18ft box with 4 more feet for the vee nose). Dual 3500lb axles.
I typically load it to about 4500 or so with two bikes, fuel, nitrous bottle, and gear.

Tires that came with it don't even really have a brand on them, likely chinese, bias ply 205/75/15.

Are there any "good" tire brands out there or are they all chinese? All I see is Goodyear Marathon or name your brand chinese tires.

Anyone use anything in particular or are they all the same chinese tire with different names other than the goodyear (which I believe is also made at the same Chinese factories now from doing more research with the long haul RV forums...)?

Pretty much everyone on the long haul RV side sayt to convert to 16" and use LT or goodyear G614 commercial tires. That's not really an option for mine though, not much clearance.

I run Goodyear Marathons but I have heard the Maxxis trailer tires are decent also.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Eric, almost thought this was you for a sec:

I hope you bring it home, Tony, car looks awesome.

Nope..haven't done that ....yet... Chuck Eyes But Doug sent me that also. Evidently he knows the guy and he use to live in the same town...Fredonia NY

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jamie Goodman
posted Hide Post
Lookn at coming up first of june for ihra race and im just wondern if the track owner would allow me to stay sun night and roll out monday morning?? Thanks in advance!!!!!

Posts: 12 | Location: Hurt VA | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Goodman:
Lookn at coming up first of june for ihra race and im just wondern if the track owner would allow me to stay sun night and roll out monday morning?? Thanks in advance!!!!!

I'm sure it would not be an issue....if it is...I have a long driveway...lol

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Extended forecast calls for sunny skies and 60 degree weather for next Saturday.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jamie Goodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Goodman:

I'm sure it would not be an issue....if it is...I have a long driveway...lol
Thanks for info !!!!! Hope to see you there!!! Wink

Posts: 12 | Location: Hurt VA | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
Extended forecast calls for sunny skies and 60 degree weather for next Saturday.

Thanks goodness, lets hope it doesnt change. Im itching to get out there and enjoy a nice sunny day at the track. The car is locked and loaded.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
I hope so too, im getting tired of driving 3+ hours to race, been to 3 race tracks already this year, Mason Dixon, Beaver Springs, Maple Grove... Mike BTW the grove did end up racing to completion on saturday, they should of raced sundays race right afterward but im sure the 175 entries they had wasnt what they wanted...I fell out 4th Rd same guy i beat on his double entry 3rd rd, 9.20 car, first one i was .011 almost 2 over winlight to his .028 1 over, then the following round when they started the Pro ladder in the lanes, we matched again, im .013 breaking out .004 more than him to his .030 also 2 under, tough way to go to the guy u just beat the rd before lol...Had a good time tho and good racing...
AND Bracket racing most def. takes alot of luck to win, the guy who won was gifted 3 REDLIGHTS IN A ROW, quarters, semis, and the final... were he posted some .070 and .050 bulbs (leaving first) just fell into the right place in line all day long...Hell with $10k on the line id take it all day too !

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
BTW PRO TREE IS FUN!!! I wish Prp opened up more often like beaver does, and have nights like this with all kinds of classes, they get a great turnout...Not to mention a new crowd of ppl who open up when you open on different days, not everyone that has a racecar is off on saturdays only...and the thursday test n tunes we dont feature any bracket racing classes, In my opinion if we want the track to get continue gaining outside interest, we need a friday night street night like beaver, hands down a def good idea, they got tons and tons of young ppl who would normally only be at our test and tune, bringing car loads of ppl, n every kid whoo pulled out in his car had his gf or friends in with them too... I parked right at the gate on friday night there, i saw everything that went on... That place is in the middle of no were, but its BUMPIN!

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Beaver is a very fun place to race. A couple things you have to remember though. #1 that car count that looks like a "bumpin" night at Beaver makes PRP look like a ghosttown. We have a market that is flooded with things to do on a Friday night. Also, they have much lower overhead and not nearly the facility to both man with employees and maintain. We have tried Friday street nights and just don't get the support. The majority of the kids with fast cars are not like us, they don't want to do that "boring" bracket racing thing.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
That place is in the middle of no were, but its BUMPIN!

There you go.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
quote:
That place is in the middle of no were, but its BUMPIN!

There you go.

What were you thinkin Tony ? Off topic

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Looks like bad weather again...Funny how the days surrounding race day look nice. I think this would be a valid place to bump the TnT to Sunday.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Even though I doubt my junk would be ready, that sounds like a good idea.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Even though I doubt my junk would be ready, that sounds like a good idea.

If my transmission is out (dad was taking it out in preperation to put my re-stalled converter in but not sure if he did or not), I won't be ready either. Been waiting on my torque converter for 3 weeks... censored left 2 messages and can't get a call back.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This weather is unreal. All the beautiful days and its supposed to rain on saturday. I just want a couple passes to make sure everything works. I figured if it rains Saturday (still hoping it doesnt) I would just go up Thursday. Go figure its supposed to rain next Thurs, Fri, and Sat. I know its next week, but still.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post