DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Easy there, young bull! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Dude i here u mike this is starting to turn out exactly as it did last year. Next weekend first points and we havent really been down the track to put any rubber down. SUNDAY LOOKS BEAUTIFUL WHY NOT SAY LETS OPEN SUNDAY AND GIVE IT A SHOT??? Just letting nice days fly by again...THROW IN THIS SUNDAY!!!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just ready your post now mark i totally agree i dont see any downfall to adding sunday to the schedule to get cars down the track before next weekend, we may have thursday TT scheduled before but how many ppl can attent for one and who knows what weather will do by then either...

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
april showers bring may flowers!! Rollinghappens every year.you will grow out of this anger issues with mother nature as you get older!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
did you just give anger advice?

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Even though I doubt my junk would be ready, that sounds like a good idea.

If my transmission is out (dad was taking it out in preperation to put my re-stalled converter in but not sure if he did or not), I won't be ready either. Been waiting on my torque converter for 3 weeks... censored left 2 messages and can't get a call back.

I haven't taken the cover off the scumaro yet - I hope I have enough time to get ready.... Rolling Wave

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im still hoping for saturday. We all know the weather man missed it before. I work Sunday till 3 so that doesnt help me depending how late they ran.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
Im still hoping for saturday. We all know the weather man missed it before. I work Sunday till 3 so that doesnt help me depending how late they ran.

I have seen plenty of forecasts that I would agree with you on that Mike, however this one really really doesn't look promising, lol.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Id keep saturday on, if it rains then automatically move it to sunday...

lol @ matt o

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just got the text, this Sunday's test n tune is officially moved to Sunday. Test and tune only, no gamblers race, 11am-5pm.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From the PRP site:

Saturday April 28 Test N Tune moved to Sunday We do not want to cancel this weeks Test N Tune, so in anticipation of Saturday's weather repot, we are moving the Test N Tune to this Sunday April 29.

Gates will open at 9am, TNT will be from 11-5. There will NOT be a gamblers race so that we can focus on getting as many Test N Tune runs as possible.

Thanks for your understanding. We want to race as bad as you do.

***The chassis certifications will still be on Saturday April 28, RAIN or SHINE.***

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great idea to move to sunday, but now that there is no gamblers they just lost me and a handfull of other cars for the day...Gamblers wont slow the program, the cars still get down the track, there will be less street cars now that its switched to sunday, plenty of time to make it happen and overwhelm every car in that track with runs...Id love the track to have a VOTING SECTION on the Website...NOW WHAT 3+ Hour Drive am i taking this weekend to race? Norwalks Season Opener?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So, wait a minute. You're all for pushing the track to open on Sunday for test and tune, but now that they are opening Sunday, but not running a gambler's race, you're going to go elsewhere? Remember the old saying 'beggars can't be choosers'?

Have fun in Norwalk.

Posts: 9 | Location: in your basement | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nick, I understand what you're saying, that you would rather have competition and a purse. But, the track has done what we all asked for.

Voting sections wouldn't make a difference. People can easily stuff an internet ballot box, so the results would be suspect at best.

My opinion, I think the track did the racers a favor by switching to the better looking day, and I appreciate it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:
NOW WHAT 3+ Hour Drive am i taking this weekend to race? Norwalks Season Opener?

Hey Nick, did you happen to check the forecast for Norwalk this Saturday? You may want to do that before heading out.

I wonder if Norwalk will move their opening day, to accomodate their racers, like PRP is doing for us?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Nick, you're really coming across badly.

I'll be there Sunday, gamblers or no gamblers.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I greatly appreciate PRP moving TNT to Sunday with or without a gamblers. Yes I would have like to run the gamblers but I just want to get some runs on the car and get car down the track to put some rubber down. Im changing my work schedule so I can run Sunday. I cant wait.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Maybe I will get my junk together and come make a pass or two on sunday beings it is the only day I have off. Was going to go to Norwalk saturday but don't like the forcast and just want to get a few passes in to shake the bugs out.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Wow a track that listen to their racers. not worthy I might be towing close to 3 hrs each way just to t&t at prp. Car

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony Fagnilli will be a guest on Rappin' on Racin' Monday April 30th at 8:30 pm, right after my drag racing report which airs every Monday at 8:15. You can listen live at:
http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/
The show is also archived through that link in case you can't listen Monday night. Maybe Tony will share the stories he promised us from his Charlotte trip.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post