DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From 2008, Christine finishing up her license runs:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The entire Whalen Family sends their condolences to the Brewers. We are all deeply saddened to hear of Mark's passing. He was a great guy. Please let us know if we can do anything! You will be in our thoughts and prayers through this very difficult time.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark in the '69 Mach I opening day 2009.

Mark in the lanes, the day of Nikki's balloon release.

Taking on Mike Balaska same day

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The 2001 bracket finals at US 13. Notice he's #14... he didn't want the unlucky 13.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I just can't believe it. Deepest sympathy from the Barr family.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow, I dont know what to say. When I got the message this morning I thought it was a type-o and I had to ask if what I was reading was indeed true. Mark was a great person in whatever role he played in our lives. Im sure there are a thousand stories that can be told about the different ways Mark has touch each one of our lives. I know I have several. One time we were racing and my car broke and since I drove it to the track it was going to cost me a couple hundred bucks to get it towed home. Well when Mark found out, he offered to tow me home which is a 80 mile round trip and didn't want a dime. All I can say is Thank You Mark and the Brewers for everything you have done for me. It will never be forgotten.

My Dad and I send our condolences to the entire Brewer family. Our prayers are with you. Praying

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Mark's family and his friends at PRP for their loss.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
horrible news. what a devastating loss to the racing family...deepest sympathy to Ma Brewer, Markie, Joey, Sonya and the whole Motorworks crew from the Tedesco family.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Very, very sad news. We will keep the Brewer family in our thoughts and prayers.

Andy Valentino & family

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MadMonte454,

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the Brewer family.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Our Condolences go out to christine,markie and the Whole Brewer family. I knew and raced with mark since the mid 80s and allways thought he was a swell guy. And i am so very sorry for this loss to the Brewer family

Sincerly
Wendy & Corky Heisler

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Christine and family,
We are truly at a complete loss for words. We lost a great person, friend, and competitor today in the passing of Mark. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I know it has been offered many times, but Beth and I are here if you need anything at all.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to the Brewer family and to those at PRP who were close with Mark. You all have certainly suffered some tragic losses as a family this year but you continue to show what a racing family is about as you are always there for each other. God Bless.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here is one of Mark running the Trusty number 53. Mark we will miss you. I know you will be watching over us. Angel

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I got the phone call from Jeff Stewart this morning and the text shortly after and I was completely stunned. We lost a good friend and a racing icon today and I just can't believe it. I had the pleasure of becoming friends with Mark as soon as I started racing because he built the Olds motor that was in my car. I always looked up to Mark because he reminded me of my dad. He always put everyone else's needs before his own and was truly a great man! Mark has moved to a better place, but he will always be missed. My sincere condolences go out to the Brewer family. If there is anything at all that I can do, please don't hesitate to call.

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I was also shocked and heartbroken when i heard.ive known mark from the 80s,when i was in my 20,s and a rookie,i remember going to the backet finals in maple grove having problems with my car,not onlydid he offer me a carb to fix it he installed it and tuned it,just the type of guy he was,always had your back.myentire family offeres out deepest heartfelt condolences to the brewers.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Deepest heartfelt condolences to the brewers.

Posts: 1 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
I can say although my last name is not Brewer, I really feel like I was Mark's son. For all of the times he was there for me from the time I met him. I grew up in his home and with his guidance through everything. I am truly blessed to be considered there adopted son as Ma puts it! She and the boys have all been like family to me and I will always be here! I will never forget that last time Bob and I helped out down at the shop on that motor..... It was truly amazing to watch the master at his craft. There will never be another like Big Brewer but he will be smiling down on us all! We love you Dad!!!!

One more thing, something he always told me:
Jordan, when are you going to give up those 2 wheels and let me build you a fast race car.

I will be waiting to get that car someday Dad! We love you and miss you!

Always, Thinking of Nikki....

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
..... when are you going to give up those 2 wheels.....

I spoke with Mark last Saturday (before Thanksgiving), and tried to keep him talking about the future, not the past, and asked what his next goal was:
he replied "I've always had my cars go 'straight-out', and never lift a wheel..... I wanna have my next car leave on the bumper, just to say that I did it....."

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We will send some photos to Chuck to post.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post