DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That is excellent news! We are glad to hear that Mark came through the surgery well and that they got the entire tumor out. Continued thoughts and prayers as the Brewers move through the next steps.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What hospital is he at?

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He is at Shadyside.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome news!!! WHEW!!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Awesome news!!!

..... + tax..... Brewer advances into the 2nd round.....

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Bob Spelic,

Give Marco Abruzzi(330-369-1707) a call on your planetary needs. His service is the absolute best out there. I have had him return a call while he is standing in the staging lanes awaiting a run 3 states away. He is a racer just like us. Always has been. You will see him at different tracks racing just about every weekend. World Champion X2 Hell yes, normal as the next guy absolutely! If he seems busy, he IS.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark is in recovery now. He did very well. Surgery took longer than expected due to how large the tumor was, and it was removed intact, it's gone! However, Dr. McGough had to take the femoral nerve and some lymph nodes. The lymph nodes will be biopsied. Mark will have to have rehab along with chemo and radiation. He will have to use a brace to walk, but he will be able to move his ankle to push that throttle and take that win light! I am patiently waiting to see him. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your love. Just keep them coming! We do feel them!

Thanks,
Christine

Always, "Thinking of Nikki"......

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was going to wait to update in the morning, but we have such a wonderful family and friends that are praying and really care about Mark, I couldn't wait till then.

Mark came out of recovery around 8pm tonight and was moved to his room. When we went up to see him of course he was in pain and still coming out of anesthesia. His nurses were there checking his vitals and when I went to him, he looked pale to me and he was sweating. I told his nurse that he didn't look right, so they kept monitoring him. After a few minutes, Mark was starting to be unresponsive, and his nurse said that there would be a lot of people coming in and a crash cart. I stayed with Mark as long as I could, but they made me leave. They started giving him more fluids, his heart rate went up but blood pressure was going down. They got him stable. After about 45 minutes to 1 hr, he started to be more awake and knew that I was there along with Sonya, Joey and our dear friend Father John. About 45 minutes later, I was going to leave and get some sleep and Sonya was going to stay with him. I was watching him sleep, but his breathing was not right nor was his color and he started to sweat and I could not get any blood reaction in his fingertips. He would not respond to me. I called the nurse and Mark went into cardiac arrest. They hurried me, Sonya and Joey to the family lounge and worked on Mark. They brought him back and stabilized him and moved him to ICU. Mark is okay, he is stable! He does have a breathing tube and is sedated. They are giving him blood and fluids and watching him very closely! We were able to see him for a little while and he is is doing fine! Mark is okay now! He will stay in ICU for a couple of days and then be moved back to his room. I'm sorry to have to tell you all this, but you're our family and we both love you all! I'm okay!

Please continue to pray for Mark! He will beat all of this! I need to get some sleep and I will be with him tomorrow as long as I can! We love you all!!

Good Night,
Christine

Always, "Thinking of Nikki"....

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
prayers sent christine....you guys will be in my thoughts all day...and im thankful to know the whole Brewer family. Hang in there Mark...were all here for you!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the updates Christine and Sonya. They can't be easy to write, especially after a long day. Much love for you all. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Prayers continued! Praying Praying hug hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bowman family Praying for the entire Brewer family. Hang in there, we have a lot of racing to do in in 2010 and we can't do it without ALL the Brewer's. No No

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got a text message before noon that a very special GIRL angel came to take Mark to Heaven

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlackDog82,

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate news that you never want to here or have to say, Christine and family, you have more family and friends than you can imagine, Please if you need anything you know we are all here. Mark was a special guy, and I for one am thankful to have been able to call him my friend. Take this time and sit back and cherish all the great memories over the years.

We Love you,
Greg & Scotty

God Please Help to comfort all........

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd appreciate if anybody has pictures of Mark, or his various Ford-powered vehicles, to post them here:
when I moved away 3+ years ago, I didn't have any, and would like to have a keepsake of him & our time together

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I am heartbroken. It's just not fair. I am so thankful to know Mark, and the Brewers. Please, let us know if we can help in any way. Your racing family is here for you too. Much love for you all.

Chuck

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck I feel exactly the same way! I got a text at 10:49 am saying Mark Passed, I didnt know what to say I was at a loss for words. When I told my Mom and Dad I broke down, you don't realize how great your friends are until they are gone! I just want to share a short story that came to my mind when I was sitting thinking about Mark, I think it was 2005 we were at the bracket finals at Norwalk, I cant remember for sure but I don't think Mark had his car out there. Markie, Joey D. and I were all running street, Mark got out his weather station and kept track of the weather for all of us. When they called street Mark would rush up to the lanes with us and walk through finding each street driver from PRP saying air got 300 ft better and lower humidity. I enjoyed this so much because a racer that I looked up to was helping me dial my car and wanted us to win so bad! Markie and I were 18 at the time and he helped us with everything he possibly could. We miss you Mark, you will never be forgotten!

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Although I didn't know Mark personally, I had watched him race at PRP over the years. It's just so sad to lose someone that you know, especially this time of the year. My heartfelt condolences go out to the Brewer family. God speed to you Mark, the racing community will miss you.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Could'nt believe it when I heard it, still can't. Held my breath as I made phone calls trying to find out if it was true or not. Unfortunatly it was. The Brewer family has suffered a tremendous loss. So have we as a racing family. My sympathy and condolences to the Brewer family. Praying May he rest in peace and may God be with Christene and the kids in this time of mourning. Angel

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We are just devastated to hear this news. You are never ready to let go of someone you love but this is just so tragic. We are thinking of you, Christine and your family and praying that God will give you comfort somehow. He is the only one who can at a time like this. But I hope it helps a little to know that your whole race family is thinking of you and loves you very much. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
Love,
Amy and Frank

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
When I seen my phone I could not beleive it. Mark is going to be missed by many. Christine, Markie, all the Brewers, anything anyone of us can do to help just no we are here.

When I think of Mark I no he loved them pony's, and seen him drive the doors off of many of them and also been in the other lane while he turned on more of them nice lamps past that 1/4 mile stripe, but he was also the guy that would fix your car just so he could race you. Just an all out awesome guy that took pride and loved everything he did... We will miss you Mark

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post