DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Reminder to all PRP points racers, all run offs will be done this Saturday, during the race if possible, at the end of the race if not:

Any and all tiebreaking run offs that will need to be done, will be done next Saturday, September 7! This includes racers tied for spots to make the bracket finals team, and for racers tied for points positions.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
will only work if the starter has set autostart before the burnouts.

Is timing system activated by the tower or by the starter at PRP?

quote:
Very unsportsmanlike also but i would expect nothing less from him. Let the games begin

What is "unsportsmanlike" about pre-staging first?

P.S. I offered a legitimate solution for those who are concerned about the practice... and I race a dragster (but always choose to back up through both sets of beams after the burnout).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
there's actually quite a few door cars that cross the line on the burnout. They're usually pretty fast though.

I think that this practice is a non-factor and it will go away eventually. At least at PRP. If not, I really couldn't care about it. I do my own thing and race my own race.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just curious as to how to door cars can practice this type of staging? Most all track rules state no burnout through the staging lights with a door car. So unless you want to break that rule no way to stage like this. I in no way care how the other driver stages. Heck I've run a few that tried to stage with the back tires.

I don't believe the issue here is the actual way they are staging the car it's how quickly the stage bulb is lit after the other driver prestages. Sometimes this will cause the other driver to have to speed up their game so they are not auto started. This caused me a problem many years but I changed my routine and now have no issue with it. Simply be ready when you light your prestage bulb so that you are ready to stage when the other driver does. With this I never feel rushed nor like the other driver is playing staging games. It's just like golf why take 20 practice swings before your ready. When come out of the burnout box be ready. When you turn the prestage bulb your intention should be to stage. Shouldn't be rushed as you have 7 sec after the other driver is fully staged.

Just my opinion on the topic. Now lets go out there and have some fun and get back to what racing should be.

Good luck to those fighting for championships.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday AJ!

Happy birthday JT Harrold!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Just my opinion on the topic. Now lets go out there and have some fun and get back to what racing should be.

Good luck to those fighting for championships.

Amen and Amen!!!

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Just curious as to how to door cars can practice this type of staging? Most all track rules state no burnout through the staging lights with a door car.

Hi A.J., Mike Fiore, Don Ickes(both cars) and Kathy Gallo are three door car racers that come to mind, when disscussing burnout length. And, that's just off the top of my head.

So obviously, that's not a track rule at PRP.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
um duh no it does not until auto start is activated
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
Combat that practice by being pre-staged when the dragster comes back from his burnout.

Stage your car as soon as he backs through his stage beam (that will give you 3 bulbs on the tree... both of yours and 1 of his) and that will begin the Auto-Start cycle.

He'll have to hustle just to get his car back in a forward gear and get the car bumped in before being "timed out", much less giving himself a moment to clear his head for a respectable leave.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Most tracks I race at Anyone in S/P is aloud to go across the line. But even if you aren't aloud across, all you do is, burnout-roll into both(not across) then knock bottom back off. Most tracks encourage courtesy staging.

AGAIN THERE IS NOTHING "WRONG OR CHEATING" ABOUT LEAVING THE PRE-STAGE BULB LIT!!!!!

Oh yea. There is a slight amount of commitment time (once bulbs are lit) for auto-start to start.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
the bottom line IS in all the years i have raced and i have won my share its always the same group of cry babies running there mouths! oh let me guess this is why you cant win and i do RIGHT its legal and no one even knows why we do it and yes im sure its frustrating to never win especially as long as some of you have been racing quit finding reasons or excuses of why some can and some cant your the reason you cant win ! not the way i stage the car and oh by the way i just got back from norwalk and mag most of them do it that way!! john i will make you a deal ill go back to the OLD way of staging and when i win you can come back on here and cry about something else RIGHT
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
um duh no it does not until auto start is activated
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
Combat that practice by being pre-staged when the dragster comes back from his burnout.

Stage your car as soon as he backs through his stage beam (that will give you 3 bulbs on the tree... both of yours and 1 of his) and that will begin the Auto-Start cycle.

He'll have to hustle just to get his car back in a forward gear and get the car bumped in before being "timed out", much less giving himself a moment to clear his head for a respectable leave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: doorman,

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
At Summit Motorsports Park, there are a couple of cars in Pro (Modified class) that roll across the stage beams during their burnout. I thought they would be warned but noticed that they weren't. So I asked the track management about the practice. They indicated to me that their rule is that you can not cross the starting line under power, but if you are just rolling, that was OK. Made it easier for me to do my burnout without slamming on the brakes to stop before the starting line. And during a couple of times at the track, I have too crossed the starting line and then backed up.

Some of those same cars only roll back until the stage bulb is off. I have gotten used to this style of staging by dragsters and fast door cars and actually think it helps me. By staging that way, I know I am not going to be up against my converter for very long before we launch because they are already in. But then again, I do my own thing and do not pay much attention to the opponent until after I am off the line.

If concerned, should check the track rules as some tracks say you cannot cross the starting line with a door car, others say you can, and others say it depends on whether you are under power when you cross. Maybe a clarification is needed.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys I'm thinking modified/no box rules. Super pro any car faster than 9.99 can burn through the lights.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
JOHN HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I WON WHATS THE PROBLEM ? STAGING
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
Sorry to see what some of our top class dragster racers are starting to do with their staging procedure at PRP. Legal yes, but I lost a lot of respect for some of our racers. I guess what-ever it takes to win is "fair game"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted September 03, 2013 11:54 AMHide Post
JOHN HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I WON WHATS THE PROBLEM ? STAGING

Easy Leonard, go easy man.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Even in MOD/NoBox you can still roll both on and knock bottom one off! Just don't go across!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
keith the bottom LINE is Kara JO Bowman won in top last week but instead of us being man enough to congratulate her we are now on here talking about respect and cheating PITIFUL-PITIFUL-PITIFUL
quote:
Originally posted by Bronson Jr.:
John I agree. That is why it is more fun to beat a dragster.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
Even in MOD/NoBox you can still roll both on and knock bottom one off! Just don't go across!

Dion, at SMP you can cross the line in Mod/Pro as long as you are coasting to a stop beyond the start line and not under power. I like the rule and wish more tracks allowed this. Leaving the top bulb on or not makes no difference to the way I stage and has no effect on the auto start or the race as far as I can see. If it quickens the start of the race...I am all for it. I am ready to race the minute we pull into the water box.....turning off the pre-stage or not does not make any difference to me.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
kieth here the bottom LINE Kara JO Bowman won in top last week but instead of us being man enough to congratulate her we are now on here talking about respect and cheating PITIFUL-PITIFUL-FITIFUL

Kieth here, really? Forget how to spell your own name. Christ, give it a rest already

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
tony you make me so mad the only reason i have not lost all respect in you is because you don't race anymore but if you ever do and you win i will no longer respect you

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
DIRLLIGAF

What's that stand for?