DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Thats good to hear, hope the weather holds up looks pretty iffy this weekend, might end up testing the new fuel system out at Maple Grove Next weekend, we will find out!

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kevin Romeo will be a guest on Rappin' on Racin' Monday April 16 at 8:30 PM. The show airs on msasports.net. You can link to the show through the Speedway Productions website at:

http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/

The show is archived on msasports.net which you can also access through the above link.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of hemi2011
posted Hide Post
Is PRP definitely opening tomorrow weather permitting?

Quaker City Raceway: Street Class

Posts: 11 | Location: East Palestine Ohio | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Evan, everything looks good. According to Accuweather, no rain before 6pm, so should be a good day of racing. Get in the gamblers race so I can show off that I can correctly pronounce your last name. Big Grin

Also, on the main PRP page:
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php

.. down towards the bottom, in the middle, you'll see a link to sign up for text/email alert service. It's awesome, text goes out to update when the track is rained out, or if the weather looks iffy, that it's open. Look for this pic below for the sign up link:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Duck season, rabbit season...duck season...rabbit season...

DUCK SEASON.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hey Doorman....
Answer your phone homo.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was nice being back at the track again. Im glad they got some runs in to get some rubber on the track. Track improvements looked good and will be even better once they are finished and grass grows. Felt like a different race track. I should have my car out next time.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It sure was nice to be back out there, even if we were fence leaners. All the improvements look great, and the entire PRP crew deserves thanks for all of their hard work, especially in cleaning the track, dragging it, and prepping it.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Eric, almost thought this was you for a sec:

I hope you bring it home, Tony, car looks awesome.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks like some nice sparks hitting the racetrack under that car.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck any track rentals coming up were they need one more person? Because more the merry..

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dr. Jekyll
posted Hide Post
OMG - they are gonna serve beer at Kennywood! Im guessing that the practice tree committee will be protesting with their signs at the gates --- sayin "No Beer, Kids will be present", "No Beer, its a family atmosphere". Go get em committee!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure they will listen to you!

Posts: 15 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mike Volkman from Moon Twp on his win in Super Stock at Charlotte today. It was his first national event win in his first national event final round.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Jekyll:
OMG - they are gonna serve beer at Kennywood! Im guessing that the practice tree committee will be protesting with their signs at the gates --- sayin "No Beer, Kids will be present", "No Beer, its a family atmosphere". Go get em committee!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure they will listen to you!

Back in 2002 Michael Tedesco was considering getting a license to sell beer at PRP. Then we went to a Monday Night Game at Heinz Field. Some drunken pinhead got rowdy and security told him he had to leave. He wanted to start a fight so security backed off. Then the Pittsburgh Police moved in. Mr. Drunk decided to take a swing at a cop. After the cops got some stick time on this moron and they dragged him out of the place Michael decided selling beer might cause more problems than the profit would be worth. Bet you will hear at least a couple bad incidents happening at Kennywood this year. And you do realize that Kennywood will be held liable if somebody gets drunk at their park and causes a wreck while driving home.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
Mikey, you should sell your trans to Ed. He could use one!!! Rolling

Been waitin for that one for a long time Ed. LOL

Awaken the Kraken

Maybe could come up with some destruction of my own. He He. Well I guess your going to stay stubborn Banging Head and continue with missed shifts, inconsitant lights and failing to get that W card. I rule Laughing

Ha ha ha....you so funny

Too bad a small block Ford trans won't work on a modular block. Now don't make me unleash destruction upon your starting line Hum

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Stewie, if I hear of anything, I'll let you know. You heading to MG this weekend? I wish I was, but I know I won't be ready.

Keith, Ed just remains hard headed. Must be a Ford thing. Big Grin

Big time congrats to Michael Volkman! He was ready in the final, .010 on the tree, and made sure he stayed over when Santangelo had issues.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And in cased you guys missed this on the PRP site:

Thanks for coming to our opening day Test N Tune. Unfortunately our day was shortened by the weather, so to provide you the best experience possible, we are going to extend the next Test N Tune until 7pm so you can get plenty of runs down the track.

Join us for a full day of Test N Tune action this Saturday April 21. Gates open at 9am. TNT starts at 11 and will continue for 8 full hours.

See you there.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The weather for this Saturday is looking a little iffy, so I already traded emails with Jamie Tedesco. The extended tnt hours will move to the 28th if the 21st gets hit with rain.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Looks like some nice sparks hitting the racetrack under that car.

To quote Tom Hemphill, "They don't call them flexplates for nothing".

Got a couple good stories for you guys, give me a few days.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
IK believe them sparks are from the starter bendix gettign pushed out by the g forces of all that NOS.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post