DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Jeffrey, they moved the cones up some. Most don't seem problems with them, but some think burnout area is still a little short. We don't have any problems with it, but we don't do a burn out.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks steve, we do a dry burn out and a dry hop to make sure the tires wrinkle. kinda have to make sure they do that because it hits at 7000.
are you going to be there this weekend?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Yep we should be there
.....one of ours hits at 7150 and the other at 7300.
I remember seeing Crystal Kenedy going 7.90 to 8.0s with no burn out at all, I think we can make ours work with out one.
The track has been in great condition, from the first time shot to ....at least as long as we've been in. We were having some problems with the 60' varing on Thomas's car, but a fresh set of M/Ts seemed to fix it (they were 3 years old).

The way I see it, a tire only has a certin amout of hits or passes in it, if you talk to them nice, treat them right, give them a little kiss every now and then ,you can get your moneys worth out of them. - dry hoping them, is only taking the amount of good passes off the sidewall cords IMO.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i know this past weekend at beaver, in the afternoon, it was kinda slick.. we run 4 psi in the tires and still had a little spin in one of the time shots.but still was able to take the #1 qualifying spot and finshed 3rd now he is 1 round out of 3rd ever since that little talk, he has been on fire.
he is starting to hit his marks. only took 127 passes so far this year lol.but he is hitting it hard. now he has his sights on 1st and making it to the brackets again.missing 2 races hurt a little. first points race of the season we broke a cam between the lobes on the 2nd time pass, then had a heart to heart with him the weekend after memorial day weekend.
we wil see you guys sat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brianna:
I didn't even realize he didn't qualify! I didn't get back on track from the long weekend till the middle of the week. He is awesome though, I was like a little kid in a candy store when I got to meet him. I can't wait till I get my pictures developed.

I'll make sure to hold a couple of Iron City beverages over your head and then we will see if you are gonna dunk me.

By the way I worked for a couple hours saturday morning at the pro am and you'll never believe it but, I saw a bunch of 8.90 dragsters...WOOO!

Did anyone see this week's "Scelzi Says"? I was cracking up! Big Grin

All I'll have to do is dunk you down far enough so I can drink the Iron! Big Grin

8.90 dragsters!?!? WHOOOOOO!!! And there's another pair in the burnout box!! WHOOOOOO!!! Maybe they'll go 8.90 too!!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just curious,
is there an opening to park at the top of the hill near the back part of the street lanes?
i have to unhook the trailer to get the quad off and i know its pretty flat up there.
just dont want to be in someone elses spot tomorrow.
thanks
jeff

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
brandon can run 7.80's with no burn out and a 1.66 60 ft.burnouts are the hardest part of racing on a jr!!!and when we were doing them our car wasnt as consistaint.but thats just our opinion.we were up at thompson on the 4th of july.and we ran this car going in the 12;s they couldnt believe that we pulled out of the lanes and right up to the starting line.thought we were playing games.1 dry hope and get er done.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we never go in the water, just a hard dry hop, (sort of a dry burn out), then a quick hop to make sure the tires are gripping.
ryan is really excited about tomorrow. we are running consistant 9.0s at beaver , up hill a little bit, he said he will be in the low 8.90s this weekend.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just have to say we had a great time sat at the track.
track was in great shape, just wish the no touch cones were a little more forward but still ok.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
SCOTTTTT-TTTTTTTY!!!!! Happy 21st birthday!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brianna>
posted
Happy Birthday Scotty!! Smile

Hey Chuckle, this week we are going to have "Brianna Says" instead of Scelzi. I say that when T-type warns us to stay off the speed slides at Sandcastle, we should have listened.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I warned you Brianna. Those speed slides are no joke. I wish I could have went. We sould do it again before it gets to cold or maybe Kennywood.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, Bri, are you going to be a YouTube star? I hope you all had fun. I still haven't really woken up.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You guys are silent. Must be since we havent raced in a while. I am getting ready to go this weekend. It has been a while since I have driven my car I hope I remember how. HEHE.

Aj

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Brianna>
posted
Hey Chuckle, are you still in charge of activating user names on PRP's forum?

Ray-if you're out there...we miss you! Frown

<Brianna>
posted
Hey Chuckle, are you ignoring me or did you go to Clem's and not invite me?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone know if the bracket finals are going to be run 1/8 mile only this year?
we heard a rumor but no one has confirmed it yet.
thanks

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Easily confirmed...has been.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yes confirmed.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info mark