DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Man, things have changed since I was that age. We could get our permit, and then the next day take the test, didn't have to hold the permit for 6 months. There wasn't scheduling things either... just went to a testing center and got in line.

Good one Lou. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
No one told me that I was supposed to stop before stop signs and not in the middle of the intersection...lol THANKS MOM!!! Haha

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Seriously Chuck, I think I had my permit for 2 weeks. Then off to Washington Blvd when State Police use to do the testing. Was in and out in like 20 minutes.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I would fail now with my luck.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Did you even pass ever?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
good news for me, bad for others maybe haahahahah Wink Motor hit the dyno last night. first pulls with 750 holley with vaccum secondary,402ci mopar crate engine... 419HP and 454 Ftlbs. dad is gonna tune it on the dyno tonight try to get alil more out of it.. then home to the duster Smile
402ci 727trans manual valve body(reverse pattern) 8 3/4 rear 3.23 gears, holley 750 or 670 which ever they choose, car weighed 3145 with me in it and the 318 this motor cant wait much more. figure around 3200lbs at the most.
ANY BODY HAVE A GUESS OF WHAT IT MAY RUN???
i kinda thought originally it would go like 12.50s at around 108mph with the gears? Fat head seems to think it might go 11's...sounds alil much for the girl but IDK any opinions? and of coarse the time slips will tell the truth here in a few weeks.

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Nick! Just my 2 cents, try a double pumper if you have access to one. I believe that they are more consistent the vacuum secondaries.

I'm with you on the gears... I'm going to say 12.58.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You should be somewhere between 350-360 to the wheels which is good enough for mid 11's. I went 11.50 with 323 to the wheels at 113 with a 3200 lb car including me. It will depend on how well your car/converter performs off the line. Whats the max RPM on the cam and and what stall is the converter? And do you know what RPM the motor made peak HP/TQ?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Your all wrong that car is always dialed 14.25..trust me I know!! bow

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
good job to steve butler and aj casini last night in the gamblers!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nick-- I think ur going to be surprised !! I would say 11.90-12.20 range, and ur MPH should be around 110- 113 mph. Car I would be surprised if it went as slow as 12.50's. That hammer is going to make nice torque all thru the power band. I would have to agree with Chuck about the carb- a 750 DP will make a big difference too. If u ever need one to try, or test on ur car, just let me know, and I'll bring one to the track. I can't wait to see the little green monster back on the asphalt.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Nick your new setup should be quick. I agree with Mike on it running 11's. Course those lil donut tires may not like what you have done Car

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Bowmanhead, 11.80's.....

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how long the shutdown is at PRP?

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:

I think it's just under 1/4 mile shutdown which is short for most fast cars. Saw it listed at one time but can't remember where.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:

I think it's just under 1/4 mile shutdown which is short for most fast cars. Saw it listed at one time but can't remember where.

That seems about right. I have gone 177 at PRP and have to use the brakes hard (turns rotors blue) I went 180.5 mph at MIR and can basically coast to the end and then just barely squeeze the brakes. They have a little over 3000 ft shutdown.

I don't think I will be making full passes at PRP anymore as the shutdown just isn't there for when I start to turn it up...not to mention it is pretty damn bumpy. I guess I'll add 300 ft and just start stopping at the 1000' mark from now on.

John

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To Who ever is posting the points and results now!!!! 2 thumbs up!! I have,nt seen them posted this quick in a very long time, good job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to all the winners and runner ups yesterday.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
Did anyone have traction problems on saturday after the rain delay? I only saw them spray the track one time. I hit second gear and started spinning and headed for the center line. It was pretty disappointing after cutting a .023 light.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
BRING KEITH BOWMAN BACK......AND THERE WONT BE ANYMORE TRACTION ISSUES........... Praying

I SECOND THAT !!!!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post