DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Sorry for the double posts, I didn't think it went through.

http://www.ihra.com/downloads/pdf/2007/d3teamfinals.pdf

Here is all the info.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks again mark,
a few of us were talking sat night after racing and no one knew for sure about it.
for us , it doesnt matter , but big cars i does.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
In preparation for Sunday's game:

A Cleveland family of football supporters head out one Saturday to do their Christmas Shopping. While in the sports store, the son picks up a Pittsburgh Steeler jersey and says to his older sister, "I've decided to become a Steeler fan and I would like this for Christmas." His big sister is outraged by this and promptly whacks him round the head and says, "Go talk with mom." Off goes the little lad with the Pittsburgh Steeler jersey in hand and finds his mother. "Mom?" "Yes, son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, and I would like this jersey for Christmas." The mother is outraged, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go see your father." Off he goes with the Pittsburgh Steeler jersey in hand and finds his father. "Dad?" "Yes, son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, and I would like this jersey for Christmas". The father is so outraged he, too, whacks his son around the head and says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!" About half hour later they're all back in the car heading towards home. The father turns to the son and says, "Son, I hope you've learned something today." The son says, "Yes, Dad, I have." "Good, son. What did you learn?" The son replies, " I've only been a Pittsburgh Steeler fan for an hour and I already hate you Cleveland bastards."

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
What is the date of the final PRP points race?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
This Saturday...Sept 8.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Cool.

I wonder if any of the PRP "hitters" are going to come to Dragway 42's $20,000+ purse Ohio Bracket Series Weekend on September 14, 15, and 16?

The $99 C/D Entry Fee gets you into a test and tune on Friday and your choice of a Box or No Box entry into a $1,000 to win races on Saturday and $5,000 to win races on Sunday.

There is also an optional $20 gambler race Friday night offering 80% cash purse payback in both Box and No Box plus the two Friday winners run-off for any pair of Mickey Thompson Slicks (up to $600 value) in addition to their cash winnings.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Doubtful, we have 1000 to win MOD, TOP 1/8th mile warm up race on Saturday for 40 bucks each. 500 to win Street that day, and then Sunday is our annual 1000 to win King of street race (street legal, registered insured cars). So I am going to venture to say that none of our guys will be out, if anyone does it would possibly be for Sunday.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
we have 1000 to win MOD, TOP 1/8th mile warm up race on Saturday for 40 bucks each. 500 to win Street that day, and then Sunday is our annual 1000 to win King of street race (street legal, registered insured cars). So I am going to venture to say that none of our guys will be out, if anyone does it would possibly be for Sunday.

Good luck to the PDP street cars.

For the guys considering coming up for the $5,000 to win 1/8th mile race on Sunday at D42, don't forget that you can run in the $1,000 to win race on Saturday plus the Sunday program for the same entry fee that you would pay for just Sunday only.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the PRP 2007 class winners:

Deprestis & Associate junior dragsters:
8-9 year olds: Nick Schade
10-12 year olds: Pete Watson
13-17 year olds: Jennifer Whalen

Z&M Cycles Sales Motorcycle Class:
Roy Safreed

NAPA Trophy Class:
Tom Nist

Cottman Transmission Street Class:
Amy Romeo

Millerstown Pick a Part Modified Class:
Russ Benish

Jones RV Sales & Service:
Ray Wilkins

Congratulations to all of those who qualified for Bracket Finals too. Let's bring it home, and keep it here!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi Pittsburgh area racers,

This isn't track news, but I thought this might be a good place to ask my question.

Has anyone heard of Maund Motorworks? They advertise crate motors on Ebay, and are from the 'Pittsburgh area'. Their feedback is great, and they offer some good deals on crate motors that they build.

Just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them, either good or bad.

Thanks,

Mark

Posts: 363 | Location: Sellersville, PA | Registered: October 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I never heard of them til now. I checked out their site, saw their logo and such, but don't think I've seen any of their stuff at the track.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
can anyone tell me how the jrs will be running this weekend?
all run?
test or what.
we are coming up to pick up our new car sat and want to make some passes.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,

Juniors can run Saturday. It will be all run, no age group classes, with a gambler's race, I believe.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
cool
we are coming up to pick up dominic donato s car and ryan wants to run it and see how it goes.
if its as consistant as i have seen and heard, he will be running it at the bracket finals.
thanks again chuck
also, what time does the gates open?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
guess you found a car in your price range huh???jeffery.good for you.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
yes we did, mark made us a deal i couldnt refuse.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Gates open at 11.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the big cars, the Door Jamz went to Tom Hemphill in his '68 Barracuda, running 4.30 at 169mph, over Chip Foreman's super consistent '68 Camaro. In 3 eliminations passes, Chip varied a mere .004, running 3 straight 4.50s. That was the only class to complete, as an oil down cleanup pushed into the late night hours, and the dew moving in settled on the track, making it unsafe for racing.

How many shots will the PRP racers get at running 1/8th mile eliminations before the bracket finals are held?

<Mark Romeo>
posted
We've already had a few and will have at least one more this weekend.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Weather is looking real nice for the Brackets! I'll be there all 4 days, all day, so if someone needs a hand on anything, a parts run, etc, let me know. Let's bring this one home to PRP!