DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rich Zemrose DID in-fact win the $5,000 race at Bradenton on Friday 11 November, beating Johnny 'the Loose Caboose' Labbous in the Final Round:
I offered my congratulations today during a long delay after a 1300' oil-down, as he relaxed in his trailer (I believe he had already won 2 rounds in today's finale when we left during the clean-up)

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mike Egan for winning the last race of the year!

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Carmen wanted me to thank you guys for the comments.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Let's have some pleasant thoughts and cheer here - What are you Thankful For This Year?

I am Thankful for a Warm November and my Terrific Family.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Read a nice article about prp and the Tedesco's in drag review. Said they are going to put new bathrooms and showers in. That is great news! Makes in awesome track that much better.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothing mentioned about eliminating the guard rails and putting in cement barriers ? THAT should be number 1 priority there. We have seen how easily a car can get over the rails.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andamo,

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
We enjoy the people @ PRP. Mike,Carmen,Keith and the staff. They are always great to us and the racers @ PRP.But I would like to see the $ spent on the barriers rather than on showers, and bathrooms. Mike Gestners accident could have been really bad. He was actually airborn when he hit the guide rails. Lucky for him the car came back toward the track. But look how bad the car was torn up. Not trying to start any Sh** just my $.02 as the cars are getting so much quicker and faster and I just think we need the additional safety.
Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys. Did not mean to bring up a sore subject. Showers mean a lot to a low budget bracket racer who sleeps in his trailer. I see your guys point also. I have bounced off guard rails in the shut down at trp at close to 140 in my old roadster. Still thank god I did not go over them. Just wanted to give the track a thumbs up for always seeming to upgrade. Not to many doing that anymore.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
TH383, you have a PM.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think saftey is definitely #1 but could there be other reasons why PRP may be upgrading bathrooms and adding showers before removing the guide rail? Maybe they have plans with the track itself and it would be best to wait for concrete walls until other changes are made so they arent throwing money away. Another thought is maybe the funds arent there with this economy to spend $250,000 for concrete walls but they are there for some new bathrooms and showers ($30,000, just a guess). Should all improvments come to a hault until they have the means to do the walls. I can see being upset if they said they were going to be putting up a $250,000 tower with suites.

Im sure Michael knows this needs done and will get it done as soon as he can. Its like I tell my wife Amber, if you need something done tell me once and I will do it as soon as I can, telling me twenty times is not going to make me do it any faster.

These are all assumption only. No facts just thoughts. No starting anything either, just trying to put myself in someone elses shoes.

On another thought, Im thankful for freedom, fossil fuels, family, friends, food, clean water, a nice local track, and many more things I take for granted.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just saw that mia won the 10k race at west palm beach.
congrats, !!!

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
PRP was represented well in the big money races down south this fall!!! Mia with the great showing at the Million as well as PBIR $10k win!! And a belated congratulations to Rich Zemrose for his $5k win at Bradenton!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just got word and now just saw that Mia Tedesco won 10k at West Palm Florida. Congradulations on a great comeback! Congrats to Rich Zemrose on his 5k win also.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Great job Rich and Mia!!!!! Anyone going to the "Farm" next week?...I'm heading down with Doug Lynden (Hot Rod black roadster fron NY) on Wed.....more the marrier.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thought we were doubling the arrow???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I can barely keep that thing running for one guy to drive it...lol

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would love to go, been about 10 years since I last went to that race and it was a nice trip.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I think saftey is definitely #1 but could there be other reasons why PRP may be upgrading bathrooms and adding showers before removing the guide rail? Maybe they have plans with the track itself and it would be best to wait for concrete walls until other changes are made so they arent throwing money away. Another thought is maybe the funds arent there with this economy to spend $250,000 for concrete walls but they are there for some new bathrooms and showers ($30,000, just a guess). Should all improvments come to a hault until they have the means to do the walls. I can see being upset if they said they were going to be putting up a $250,000 tower with suites.

Im sure Michael knows this needs done and will get it done as soon as he can. Its like I tell my wife Amber, if you need something done tell me once and I will do it as soon as I can, telling me twenty times is not going to make me do it any faster.

These are all assumption only. No facts just thoughts. No starting anything either, just trying to put myself in someone elses shoes.

On another thought, Im thankful for freedom, fossil fuels, family, friends, food, clean water, a nice local track, and many more things I take for granted.

Well said, t - I think you just like saying "My Wife Amber" Wave

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:

Well said, t - I think you just like saying "My Wife Amber" Wave

Haha, I figured if I say it enough I will get use to sooner then later

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome job, Mia and Rich!

Congrats to Mike Egan, running strong at Mason Dixon yesterday in their Pro class. He was still in with 4 cars left when the rain came and they split. And he got a turkey! Big Grin

Now that the season has come to an end, I'd like to thank everyone on the PRP staff for a great season. Track prep at PRP is simply the best there is. Keith, David, Mikey, the whole crew make sure it's good and safe. You hear it from the Chrysler Classic, Pro Am, Pro Mod, etc, racers, how much they enjoy coming to PRP because they know the track will be right. The Pro Mod guys honored Keith in appreciation of his eye on safety after the Vergotz boomer. I thought the program moved great all season. I think moving the water boxes back did help keep the program going. On the few days where we had a light car count due to weather, heat, etc, every purse was paid in full. The Memorial Weekend, with the regular entry, doubled round money, and more than doubled final round money, was just awesome. The Nitro Jam was great... so cool to see nitro cars at PRP. Night of Fire, PID-Keystone Nostalgia Day, Bracket Finals, GGG, all great events. Congrats to all the class champions. And big thanks out to my buddies Barry, Mikey, Rich, and Kerry, for all the fun we had in the pits. Special thanks to the Foxes for putting up with us, and for letting us borrow tools and such as needed, and to Brianna Casini, my BFF. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post