DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Matt.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, schmuckie!!! not worthy Party

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
that's a cool car... duster, dart, something?

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, it's "something" all right.,, just like the driver! Laughing

That is Matt's Duster, also known as the Whiskyrunner.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
BTW, Ratty, that wasn't mean over the P.A. at you at the GGG race. That would have been Mad B-rad or Instant Jim. I'm the band aid announcer, just did a couple of events this year.

I remember seeing your car, very cool. Keep on coming out snd having fun. A good free site for some info on bracket racing and some tips is Michael Beard's www.staginglight.com. And you'll find most guys here and at the track are always willing to chat and lend a hand.

Details will be coming on the tree race, but in a nutshell, it's Feb 11, near PRP, $5 cover whether you race or not, and that gets you lunch. 2 races on the bottom bulb, $5 for the first, $20 for the second. The last 2 years, the $20 race has paid $1000 to win.

Here is my heap on one of the days I got lucky. Those are a bunch of the good people I hang around with.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Information for Jerry Nether's viewing:

Rusiewicz Funeral Home
3124 Leechburg Road
Lower Burrell, PA 15068

Wednesday evening from 6-8pm
Thursday afternoon from 2-4pm
Thursday evening from 6-8pm

Friday funeral service at 8:30am

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear about your loss... Frown thoughts out to the family and friends

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
BTW, Ratty, that wasn't mean over the P.A. at you at the GGG race. That would have been Mad B-rad or Instant Jim. I'm the band aid announcer, just did a couple of events this year.

I remember seeing your car, very cool. Keep on coming out snd having fun. A good free site for some info on bracket racing and some tips is Michael Beard's www.staginglight.com. And you'll find most guys here and at the track are always willing to chat and lend a hand.

Details will be coming on the tree race, but in a nutshell, it's Feb 11, near PRP, $5 cover whether you race or not, and that gets you lunch. 2 races on the bottom bulb, $5 for the first, $20 for the second. The last 2 years, the $20 race has paid $1000 to win.

Here is my heap on one of the days I got lucky. Those are a bunch of the good people I hang around with.

cool, thanks for all the info Chuck! yeah i've checked out that staginglight site multiple times... good site... and nice car!... hopefully you ain't hoarding all the luck at the track! ha

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Updated below

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Track improvements for next year are already started. My cars ready and I can be loaded up in about an hour. Come on opening day. Link to pictures of the updates.!!!!!http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/drag-racing

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Updated!

Pittsburgh Raceway Park is the presenting sponsor of the 5th Annual Steel City Shootout!

Beat the winter blahs! Come out and enjoy a day filled with fierce competition on the tree. Don’t miss the event everyone is talking about until the first day of on track competition. The event will be at the New Alexandria Firemen's club, good space, easy to get to.

Date: Saturday, February 11, 2012
Time: Gates open at 11:30am, sign up, eat, racing starts at 12:30PM
Place: New Alexandria Fire Hall, 8370 State Route 22, New Alexandria PA 15670. (From the west, on the left side of 22 shortly after you pass Sheetz (you will pass it and make a left to circle back to it); from the east, on the right side of 22, shortly after you pass PRP)

Entry: Adults $5
Children 12 and under $3
Children 6 and under free
You don't have to race, but everyone coming through the door will have to pay the entry/cover charge. Our menu so far:
Fried chicken from Wal Mart
Chili, courtesy of Jeff "THE HAMMER" Hann
Rigatoni, courtesy of Amy Romeo
Veggie pizza, courtesy of Kimmy Whalen
Buffalo chicken dip, courtesy of Carrie Penn

Iced tea, lemonade, punch, water. We will not be offering soda, but you are welcome to bring your own lunch, snacks, and/or beverages (cover charge WILL still apply), but no alcohol please. This is a family oriented event, and there will be kids present.

Email us (AJ Casini, Chuck Turocy, Mark Romeo) at steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com if you are going to attend, if you would like to sponsor, and/or if you want to show off your mad culinary skills. We need to keep a head count to know how much food to get.

Race 1 is $5 entry, race 2 is $20 entry.

All races will pay back to the quartefinals, and if the purse is great enough, we will pay back further.

Only race 2 will have buybacks, for $5. We are not looking to make a dime on this. All money will be paid back 100%. If there's anything left after expenses, it will be put into the racing.

Rules:
* Round 1 in races 1 & 2 will consist of both racers hitting the tree twice as "time trials." Round 2 and on will have no time trials.
* All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5.
* How to enter: "Tech cards" will be sold at the door. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in. If you are double entering, write #1 after your name on the first entry, #2 on the second.
* Pairings will be randomly drawn.
* Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of each round.
* Racing is off of the handheld button only.
* Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.
* The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.
* Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.
* Rollout will be able to be set for each racer by adjusting the delay.
* The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.
* Double entries WILL be allowed in BOTH races!
* IF - IF!!!! - there is time and interest, we will have a top bulb race AFTER the 2 bottom bulb races. Entry and payout TBD, rules above apply

Thanks to our sponsors so far for their most generous donations. Prizes will be awarded as both part of the Chinese auction and in the races (TBD). Please support those who support us:

* Our presenting sponsor, Pittsburgh Raceway Park, www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
* All Around Transportation Service, www.bookyourlimotoday.com
* Bob George Racing
* Bowman Performance / http://bowmanperformance.com/
* RJ's Heating & Cooling, http://www.rjsheatingandcooling.com/

We will be having a 50/50 drawing as well, to benefit the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation. 3 tickets for $1, an arm's length for $5, and a wingspan for $10. All money will be paid out, 50% to the winner, 50% to the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation. Please visit www.thinkingofnikki.com or look for Thinking Of Nikki on Facebook.

We will be doing a Chinese raffle for most of the generous donations from our sponsors, as follows:
Each adult will be given 3 tickets. There will be a cup by each prize. You can choose which prize(s) you'd like to drop your ticket(s) in... you can drop all 3 in one, or spread them out.

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
never went to a practice tree race why no beer ? is there any way to run under? and can i use my delay box ?

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
have not been around for awhile are the Mario"s still racin

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Reading is still fundamental. However, if you need it broken down:

quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
never went to a practice tree race why no beer ?

Not just beer:
but no alcohol please. This is a family oriented event, and there will be kids present.

quote:
is there any way to run under?

Tree will be in time trial mode

quote:
and can i use my delay box ?

Racing is off of the bottom bulb only. *

* with the exception of the top bulb race, held after the 2 bottom bulb races

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Reading is still fundamental Doorman.....

Get with it. And where is that other schmuck?

Wave

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help guys now do i have to bring a covered dish im not much of cook macaroni cheese,ramen noodle(I prefer beef flavor) or pop tarts. BUT CAULD PUT IN A DISH AND COVER

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time, I think we'll meander down from the mountain for it.

Not to change the subject, but I know they are running a Pro Am in conjunction with the Nitro Jam this year. In the past, Pro Ams have been eighth mile, for some reason...I just wonder, does anyone know if they are running them the full quarter mile now that it shares its venue with the fuel guys? Just wondering.

Also, any idea when the new PRP schedule is coming out?

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Reasbeck:
Sounds like a good time, I think we'll meander down from the mountain for it.

Not to change the subject, but I know they are running a Pro Am in conjunction with the Nitro Jam this year. In the past, Pro Ams have been eighth mile, for some reason...I just wonder, does anyone know if they are running them the full quarter mile now that it shares its venue with the fuel guys? Just wondering.

Also, any idea when the new PRP schedule is coming out?

FYI - IHRA has posted the Bracket Finals to be September 21-23, 2012 at PRP so we can all make our vacation plans!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Doorman - Pop Tarts sound good. Strawberry, frosted.

Good to hear Steve, let us know how many.
This is just a guess on my part... I'm thinking the nitro cars will remain on the 1000' (that's what they did at PRP this past season) and the Pro Am will remain 1/8th mile. I haven't heard anything on the schedule yet.