DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
My frustration on Saturday was with the weather, which no one controls.... obviously. Though, I am wondering if we should just start a big a zzz tire fire on the Monday before a big weekend, and open up our own hole in the ozone for a dry weekend. The rain put us 5 hours behind, and the track had to be safe before cars could go down it. As a racer, I also would like to see cars going down the track at all times, like during the cool down between the dragster run off rounds - but:
1) the round never would have been completed (140 cars at least in no box)
2) there were a number of street cars in no box, and hot exhaust on a cool night = condensation out of the exhaust and onto the track, which is dangerous... obviously
3) sponsor requirements to get the dragster race in - thank you, American Race Cars

Count me in the group that believes things were done as best they could be done, and I also believe there were lessons learned that can be applied to make things even better.

My friends Doug and Kathy brought their kids up after Doug got off of work. They had an absolute blast, loved the trick or treating, seeing the costumes, cars, racing, and the playground. It was perfect for them.

Congratulations to all the winners over the weekend, and thanks to the hard working crew at PRP that got the track in tip top shape. You gotta love the look on the faces of the N20 crews when they walk the track and starting nodding their heads. Congrats to John Vergotz for clicking off the 4.06. I really thought he was going to get the 3.9x pass. Great race with Roemer, pedalfest, in the semis, I'd love to see that on film.

Mr. O, them cars of your class broke my a ss... uh, I mean, rear end, in my 12 second street car. The hook this weekend was serious. Thanks to Art, Barry, Joan, Rich, Nick, Dave, and Shawn for their sportsmanship, and most especially to Dean Pollock, and to Russ and Allison for use of the Monte Carlo.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Your welcome chuck you deserved that spot and kudos on you doing so good in a virgin car.also congrats to art for beating me in the engine race.i get to think about that frigging red light all winter lol.congrats to kevin for the dragster and track champ.it was a great year had alot of fun with all the great people up there.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
We extend our deepest sympathy to Mr. Tom Blair and The Blair Family in the loss of Kathy Blair. Tom, please know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. If there is anything that you or your family needs, please let us know! May God speed! Praying Angel

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
it came with a 19' open trailer, but it doesnt have brakes.
i think south carolina laws are a little more forgiving than pa laws Frown
so my winter project is to put electric brakes on the trailer so it is ready for next season. also a set of 4.56 pro gears is replacing the 5.13 gears also.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Tom Blair and the entire Blair family from the Casini and Bowman families. You are in our prayers. If there is anything you need let us know.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wanted to extend my congratulations to all the winners over the GGG weekend, Jake- Matt- Kevin- Bruce-and Art. I know Mother Nature put a little damper on Sat, but Greg came through with the drivers meeting, and THEY made the decision to stay, or go. We did have a really crappy year with all the washouts, but there isn't a thing anyone can do about it. Hopefully, next year will be better, weatherwise, and with Greg at the helm, we should have an exciting 2010 season.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As a long time Street Racer, I want to thank Dean for stepping up and allowing the Street is Neat Gang to feel a lot less like the red headed step child at the track. We may not have as much money invested in our cars as some of the fast guys, but we invest 100% of our heart and soul every week.
To the Street Racers - thank you for behaving like compassionate human beings during the run-off, and to Dean - only the best of love, luck and success to you for all you do for us!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
..... I want to thank Dean for stepping up and allowing the Street is Neat Gang to feel a lot less like the red headed step child at the track. We may not have as much money invested in our cars as some of the fast guys.....

ALL racers have the same amount of money invested in their cars.....

EVERY PENNY THEY CAN AFFORD!!!!!

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Kathleen A. Blair
Youngstown, Pa.

Kathleen A. Blair, 61, of Youngstown, Pa., died Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2009, in Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. She was born March 1, 1948, in Latrobe, a daughter of the late Robert and Vena (Cooper) Sullivan. Kathy was a paramedic and supervisor for Mutual Aid Ambulance Service and was a life member of Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department. Kathy is survived by her husband, Tom Blair, of Youngstown, Pa.; a daughter, Amy Blair, of Youngstown, Pa.; two sons, Tom Blair and wife, Jennifer, of Latrobe, and Christopher Blair and wife, Jill, of Windsor, Pa.; a sister, Diane Torba and husband, Dan, of Latrobe; six grandchildren, Justin, Kristin, Sarah, Emma, Devin and Chase; and a great-granddaughter, Peyton. Family and friends will be received from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday in the JOHN J. LOPATICH FUNERAL HOME INC., 601 Weldon St., Latrobe. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in the funeral home with the Rev. Dan O'Keefe officiating. Interment in St. Vincent Cemetery.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
found a good pic of Andy Jensen at the ADRL race in their monthly mag... page 7. He qualified 14th running 3.906 @ 189.36 in the Pro Extreme Class! Great job Andy!

http://www.adrl.us/_EE/StaticC...e/Adrenaline-5-8.pdf

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
..... I want to thank Dean for stepping up and allowing the Street is Neat Gang to feel a lot less like the red headed step child at the track. We may not have as much money invested in our cars as some of the fast guys.....

How True Laughing
ALL racers have the same amount of money invested in their cars.....

EVERY PENNY THEY CAN AFFORD!!!!!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob D

Check your PM

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Overall, my fun meter was not pegged this past weekend at Pittsburgh. I think the only smooth thing that was run was the dragster race. Kudos to Greg on the organization of this race, taking the roll call and making the race go off. Sucked to have the car break 1st round.Got it fixed to race Saturday night only to get canceled. Go up to see what is going to be announced. Decision made to double the purse and if you can't stay you get your cash back at the gate. Fair enough decision to me. Kudos to Greg for rolling Friday night in to Sunday. Some places would have considered that money in the bank.

Here is what I did not understand. When we get to the gate it is asked if we are running for single entry payout or paying the extra for the double payout??? Maybe it was misunderstood in translation. Was there 2 entry/payout options to be run for on Sunday? Then when explained that just wanted cash back, then there was a problem getting our cash back. Was told we would only be given rain passes since we did not get our cash Saturday night. Thank you to Carmen Tedesco for coming to the gate to correct that since no one else would answer the call for the poor lady at the gate. Certainly not her error. She was doing as told and dealing with incoming traffic.

All in all, was a little disappointed to hear the juniors get drug out all day to be canned. Maybe I misunderstood in the drivers meeting when they said only the 64 car shootout was going to be run once we started time trials. Sure glad the nitrous guys kept it together for the 2 rounds they ran in with the shootout and understand they wanted done and out of there. Seemed to be some indecisiveness, some hang up with efficiently getting cars on and down the track and then the 40 minutes at the gate Sunday morning to get our cash back or the trip across Hell's Highway aka PA Turnpike that just did not get me excited about the weekend. Maybe if we would have been able to stay for Sunday it would have been better. The track surface was great. The facility in whole is very nice and kept very clean and well kept. I think maybe just some new changes at the track, maybe a larger car count for the event then they are used to and of course, mother nature just made things a little off for the track. I would not discourage anyone from coming and racing at PRP. I would come back for another shootout race or other 2/3 day event. Got to give the place another chance. Maybe the new changes just need time to click and work together....well that is what we say in Ohio during football season anyways.

Oh yeah...Tony, since Steve Miller decided to race and not bring the band that you asked about in the racer meeting, can you please provide the track with a new CD. A guy that is parked under a speaker can only handle so much of the same song playing over and over for the nitrous guys.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we need the top gun soundtrack or bruce springsteen!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, done deal. Nice to know the right people. I owe you a doughnut.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
Guns and roses welcome to the jungle

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lesley Gore · Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Metallica - Enter Sandman (inside joke)

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Oily ------> Ouch
I could take that if I was driving...
next yr ----> two car team

Donna Summer Hot Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-TM3q5-Cc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. Obvious,

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nice post SP.

And I agree, big time need for a new song. I nominate "Movin' Right Along" by Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post