DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
sorry bob those six are sold but I have six more used bottles for sale at $125.00 each Black friday deals were over

Posts: 2 | Location: greensburg | Registered: November 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Before we get into the mad Christmas rush, I wanted to get a date out there for you all to mark down.

Saturday, February 11, for the 5th Annual Practice Tree Race! Details to come

I'll be there....I can't crash or blow up a motor at a practice tree race.. Laughing

I heard a rumor that you were pretty good at that Hum

Keith, can you be there with the mop, just in case?? Tongue Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
hey, just wanted to say hi... i'm new to PRP, just started running there in August this year, 2011... I live on the South Side of Pittsburgh (i'm originally from NYC, moved her 8 years ago)... Totally love the track, so far have met some really nice people... i'm a drag fan going back decades, finally got my ass down the track in a car i built 5 years ago... just a rookie, learning the ropes... after a bunch of TnT's, i entered 2 races at PRP, one got rained out (the Nostalgia event), and managed to get taken out in Rd. 1 in the Halloween race... (Also entered the Halloween race at Quaker City a week or two later, and also was done in Rd 1 too... grrr )... Totally looking forward to a full season next year, and maybe get past Rd 1 finally... hah... Bumming now that the season is over, just as i was getting the hang of it, wishin' i was living in the South where the tracks are still open

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
hey, just wanted to say hi... i'm new to PRP, just started running there in August this year, 2011... I live on the South Side of Pittsburgh (i'm originally from NYC, moved her 8 years ago)... Totally love the track, so far have met some really nice people... i'm a drag fan going back decades, finally got my ass down the track in a car i built 5 years ago... just a rookie, learning the ropes... after a bunch of TnT's, i entered 2 races at PRP, one got rained out (the Nostalgia event), and managed to get taken out in Rd. 1 in the Halloween race... (Also entered the Halloween race at Quaker City a week or two later, and also was done in Rd 1 too... grrr )... Totally looking forward to a full season next year, and maybe get past Rd 1 finally... hah... Bumming now that the season is over, just as i was getting the hang of it, wishin' i was living in the South where the tracks are still open

Good Morning, Ratty - Welcome to Street! You will find that we are a very strange, but very lovable group! We love to win, but we are very aware that drag racing is our passion - not our JOB! Please join the points race with us, and please come say hello - I am in the Ruby Pearl Rusty Crusty 'Scumaro - #122. Welcome!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Cool deal, Ratty. Got a pic of the car? I like the big cars... pretty wild that my Cutlass was an intermediate sized car back then. Pretty sure I saw it... I was announcing on the nostalgia day, and was there all 3 days of GGG. Hope you come out to the practice tree race Feb 11.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Good Morning, Ratty - Welcome to Street! You will find that we are a very strange, but very lovable group! We love to win, but we are very aware that drag racing is our passion - not our JOB! Please join the points race with us, and please come say hello - I am in the Ruby Pearl Rusty Crusty 'Scumaro - #122. Welcome!

hey thanks glenn 'n joan! yeah i'll definitely be joining the points series for sure... and i'll keep an eye open for your Camaro once i figure out what color rusty ruby pearl is... hah

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool deal, Ratty. Got a pic of the car? I like the big cars... pretty wild that my Cutlass was an intermediate sized car back then. Pretty sure I saw it... I was announcing on the nostalgia day, and was there all 3 days of GGG. Hope you come out to the practice tree race Feb 11.

oh yeah Chuck, yeahhhh, i had my car parked in the usual TnT staging lanes during the beginning of the Halloween race next to another car and you said over the PA, "i don't know what the big white car is but you have to move it!" haha...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:

and, practice tree race????

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ratty. Our guys put together a great practice tree race which this year will be held on Feb. 11, 2012. We have it in New Alexandria at the Firemens Club right on the westbound side of 22 a little before the track. (the date is booked, by the way, Chuck, Mark and AJ) Many more details will follow soon but for now, mark the date and plan to come. Great food (if I do say so myself since I cook some of it! lol), great fellowship and great fun! And if you are good on the tree, some pretty good payouts too!!

I took last season off from racing (or from driving anyway...I was still there every week, cheering my guys on!) but am usually a fixture in the Street lanes. Blue 1973 Pontiac Ventura...look forward to meeting you in 2012, ratty.

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by momma romeo:
Yeah, ratty. Our guys put together a great practice tree race which this year will be held on Feb. 11, 2012. We have it in New Alexandria at the Firemens Club right on the westbound side of 22 a little before the track. (the date is booked, by the way, Chuck, Mark and AJ) Many more details will follow soon but for now, mark the date and plan to come. Great food (if I do say so myself since I cook some of it! lol), great fellowship and great fun! And if you are good on the tree, some pretty good payouts too!!

I took last season off from racing (or from driving anyway...I was still there every week, cheering my guys on!) but am usually a fixture in the Street lanes. Blue 1973 Pontiac Ventura...look forward to meeting you in 2012, ratty.

oh cool, well i'm always down for good food! Smile i might just check it out, do i need to wear a fire jacket and helmet? Big Grin ... and yeah, i look forward to meeting u too amy! maybe you can show me how the heck to get past Rd 1... hah

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
The NYer's are invading PRP Big Grin....I'm from Buffalo Ratty...great people down here...let me now when you figure out first round also..I could use a hint or two.. Laughing

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
The NYer's are invading PRP Big Grin....I'm from Buffalo Ratty...great people down here...let me now when you figure out first round also..I could use a hint or two.. Laughing

It's Car rrr, not caaaa.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
It's Car rrr, not caaaa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUaG0KOOxk

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:

ha, yeah rightttt eric... i can tell you're just a rookie like me from your sig pic.. i like how you purposely put too much ballast in the rear of your car so that it lifts your front wheels up, giving the impression it's doing a wheelstand even though you're barely staged at that point... nice trick! but you don't got me fooled Big Grin

buffalo eh? i bet you feel like you're down in Florida now that you're here in the 'Burgh, last time i was in buffalo i was crawled under my brothers car doing a MacGyver fix on his broken fuel line, and in the 20 mins it took me to fix it, the snow drift had literally completely covered the car (i am not exaggerating either)... i'm from 'the city' btw... manhattan, upper east side

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:

It's Car rrr, not caaaa.

hahaha... my girlfriend keeps saying that to me, and i keep telling her i do NOT have a NY accent... she just has selective hearing or something

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUaG0KOOxk

hahahaha... classic!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
The Brewer Family extends our most deepest sympathy to The Jerry Nethers Family for the loss of a great friend and racer, Jerry Nethers. My heart goes out to Roxanne and to Rick Cavanaugh.Please know that you are thought of and loved. God Speed Jerry.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
The Brewer Family extends our most deepest sympathy to The Jerry Nethers Family for the loss of a great friend and racer, Jerry Nethers. My heart goes out to Roxanne and to Rick Cavanaugh.Please know that you are thought of and loved. God Speed Jerry.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about Jerry's passing. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I met Jerry years ago when I was running S/G. I always enjoyed his smile and I don't think I ever saw him at the track without his wife. Whenever we were @ PRP I always made my rounds to see who was there either racing or watching. It was great when he was there and I had a chance to say hello. I remember him stopping over and chatting with me at one of the PPM races this year. He always had a great attitude. I will miss him.. Obviously..

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post