DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, if you think I have that kind of power, check the Nova floors, must have a lot of exhaust leaking in! Big Grin

Bill, I hope it's the tires for you. Just my 2 cents, but Mikey's is the most traction sensitive car I have ever seen. Usually, because it is such a hard leaver, it means the sidewalls are gone. I hope it's the same for you. That gets frustrating wondering if you're going to hook. And the heat and track temps haven't helped.

Joey, when is the baby due?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
haha lou, soon it will be back out...hopefully more competitive too...hoping to spread a whole new line of fear and hatred out there. when the mean green machine returns soon. Missing

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wanted to congratulate all the weekend winners, and RU'ups. Mikey-- I think the trip to Bristol really got u fired up, and the competition there was just what u needed to bring out the best in ur driving. Mark-- congrats on great driving again this weekend, and Lou, and Joey, I knew u were up for a win.
Looks like I'll make this upcoming weekend, with the weather being in the 70's again(my kinda temps). I had a crappy week, with a lot of stupid s hyt happening-- Garage oil tank leak-- 2 riding mowers out of commission-- broken rain gutter, what the h ell else can happen??
Mark, Chuck, Mikey, AJ, I hope u enjoyed the Bristol CD. I know I missed some of the runs, but the heat did get the best of me. I really did a lot of reviewing the cd, and saw where I need to improve my camera operation. I'm finally getting used to the zoom, and how sensitive it is-- saw the spot on the track where I need to stop the zoom, and pan to get both dial boards in the view, and do some more vocals, as well as spending more time with going around the track, filming the pits, and chatting with other racers. I will make a better one next year. I hope I can do a better job with the camera at the Bracket Finals this year.
Ironman-- Hey Tom- if u need any help, feel free to call- I would be happy to assist you in rebuilding, or freshen up, or troubleshooting. If u need anything in the way of parts, don't hesitate to call.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, the actual due date is August 20th but we are scheduled for a C-section on the 13th.

Bill, come on man, calling Brank's car a pile! You're just jealous because his has been track champ, and yours....?

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dean, I can't wait for this weekend... the 70s are my kind of temps too! Thanks again for everything from Bristol, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it. Like a schmuck though, I left my CD in the Cutlass, and with the rain Sunday, left the Cutlass at the track. Can't wait to see it, and I'm sure it's great.

Joey, best wishes that everything goes great. Let us know!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, will do.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
whats up with those gambler entry and payouts?? Eeki think they suck..JMO..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dean, I think I can say racing against the skill level of the drivers at brisol definitely got me fired up. Going five rounds saturday's 10K race at the WFC was a confidence booster because if you can win races against those guys you can win against anybody. The CD was great I watched it a couple times already haha. Saturday is looking alot like my kind of weather also. I usually race better in cooler temps.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
chuck the schmuck hahah

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, it's here... the day has come. My daughter Amber is taking her driver's license test today. Uggghhh! Holy helll am I getting old! I wish her luck and all of hose people on the same road as her...

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wait, she'll want to drive the rail next. Tell her best of luck on her test.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Matt, we could be the movie "Dinner With Schmucks" Big Grin

Richie, that will make your hair.. turn... uh, never mind. Good luck Amber! I hope she's taking it in something smaller than the Excursion.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Richie, that will make your hair.. turn... uh...

... VISIBLE???

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Off topicfigures the past 2 or 3 years i went to norwalk for the Chrysler classic in sept. and it was always the same week at the KING OF STREET RACE, so i have never got to race that race. now this year its earlier and not conflicting with any other event, but now im stuck with no vehicle cause i might not be done with my car b4 then. its only a few weeks away... thats really freaking blows. esp. when i saw the TRUE STREET class. id run both if i could. think im gonna run the 18 second dakota for it now. just cause im pissed lol, might as well make my opponent wait a while right? Sleep

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
WOW. Great pictures on the site.....Matt O where the heck were you? Past your bedtime or what?

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lou, haha i think so. sorry i missed it i wanted to get up there but you know what they say simple minds get side tracked easy. i will just get in the pic next time you come down not worthy great job again....i did stop over at you trailer at some point during the day but i think you were in the lanes

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Matt, we could be the movie "Dinner With Schmucks" Big Grin

Richie, that will make your hair.. turn... uh, never mind. Good luck Amber! I hope she's taking it in something smaller than the Excursion.

Well, she used my brother's Honda Accord, and after backing into the parallel parking stall well, she tagged the barrel pulling out. Let's call it a short trip, as she failed. She is eligible again in seven days, but they have no openings for 5 weeks. She is not happy. She practiced the same stall a dozen times and did well. I guess nerves took over...

And all i can guage by is the hair on my face, which is turning grey almost as fast as Tony Fagnilli's is... Sorry Tony!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Can you take her to a different testing site? I failed my first try on driving test also. I know that if they would have told me 5 weeks to try again I would have had a fit right there at the DMV...lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Can you take her to a different testing site? I failed my first try on driving test also. I know that if they would have told me 5 weeks to try again I would have had a fit right there at the DMV...lol

I checked all of the sites around the area. They are all booked tight.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
What happened Mark did you run the car to the floor than slide it though the white line in the Parking lot! Laughing
c'mon thats funny!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post