DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow, good job on the part of lots of PRP regulars at the Pro Am this past weekend! Way to go, Josh! Good job, Donnie! Lots of others in late rounds from what I heard! There are a lot of great things about PRP and I am glad people were seeing them.

Not wanting to resurrect anything but I have to add two points because I have been trying for years to get them across to some people. 1) If you are not willing to post under your own name, I have no time for your thoughts! 2) Having an opinion and stating it is not attacking anyone or anything, if done politely. It will NEVER sit well with me to hear that anyone has been told to stop saying what they think (or, in the old days, having the forum shut down every time someone said something that was seen as negative). We are customers of PRP and our opinions should, and I believe do, matter to them. I don't believe that any "old boys club" was the reason for past problems. As often as not, when changes are made to try to correct deficiencies, someone will not like them. There were efforts last year to correct some of the problems. The efforts did the job but people did not like the changes. This year, a better solution has been found. It is not specifically about the people who once worked there or the ones who work there now (including me). There were good people before and there are good people now. There is simply a new focus on certain aspects which seems to be well received. I know, as does Joan, I'm sure, that Michael wants to have the best place to race and put on the best events anywhere! I think that is happening and we are all happy about it!

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for for the birthday wish's.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by momma romeo:
Wow, good job on the part of lots of PRP regulars at the Pro Am this past weekend! Way to go, Josh! Good job, Donnie! Lots of others in late rounds from what I heard! There are a lot of great things about PRP and I am glad people were seeing them.

Not wanting to resurrect anything but I have to add two points because I have been trying for years to get them across to some people. 1) If you are not willing to post under your own name, I have no time for your thoughts! 2) Having an opinion and stating it is not attacking anyone or anything, if done politely. It will NEVER sit well with me to hear that anyone has been told to stop saying what they think (or, in the old days, having the forum shut down every time someone said something that was seen as negative). We are customers of PRP and our opinions should, and I believe do, matter to them. I don't believe that any "old boys club" was the reason for past problems. As often as not, when changes are made to try to correct deficiencies, someone will not like them. There were efforts last year to correct some of the problems. The efforts did the job but people did not like the changes. This year, a better solution has been found. It is not specifically about the people who once worked there or the ones who work there now (including me). There were good people before and there are good people now. There is simply a new focus on certain aspects which seems to be well received. I know, as does Joan, I'm sure, that Michael wants to have the best place to race and put on the best events anywhere! I think that is happening and we are all happy about it!

I gave away the bye to the finals in S/R Saturday night because I don't know where my brake pedal is... censored

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
is it safe to say i wont get a winners circle pic on the website from friday? the guy who took the pics wasnt very happy when i told him i didnt want his 8x10 picture for $25...shoulda took one with my phone,

Went to quaker saturday big turnout, went 3rds in mod and 2 in street before it rained out, i was still in both classes...

Went to Magnolia Drag Strip Sunday, took 2 entries down to 7 cars had to throw one entry away cause i had the bye, ended up winning in No Box there too!!! Great weekend...

Congrats to Josh R. this weekend and ickes on friday... Happy Late b-day barry

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nick Wink

you dont want the one post wonder, happyfeeet/happierfeet coming on and setting you straight. but then again , you would have to catch his posts pretty quick because he deletes them almost as fast as he posts them.

congrats to all who ran this past weekend at the pro am.
also congrats to the new mr and mrs romeo.
for me, im just getting tired of the R word again.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good One, Jeff!

My computer genius friend has deduced that Happy Feet also posts as Enforcer...I wish his Mom had given him a real name so he could be a Real Boy...

Great job, Nick - you don't need pictures when they give you $$ Wave

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
Good One, Jeff!

My computer genius friend has deduced that Happy Feet also posts as Enforcer...I wish his Mom had given him a real name so he could be a Real Boy...

Great job, Nick - you don't need pictures when they give you $$ Wave

Maybe its a girl....?? Confused

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im thinking that too mikey
because from the lack of not using their name, im guessing that there are no stones involved Rolling

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Mike Egan's Grandpap passed away.

"Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. My grandfather passed away Saturday morning, just hours after his 80th birthday. He was one of the most straight-shootin, honest, respectable people I have ever known. He will be missed. I love you Grandpa!"

Sending our deepest sympathy to The Egan Family.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Deepest sympathy to Mike and his family - it is so tough right now, but you need to remember the 'good stuff'. Love, Glenn & Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Mike and family

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences to Mike and his family. Sounds like a great man. May good memories be a comfort at this time.
Praying Praying

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your grandpap Mike. Hang in there. RIP

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Condolences Mike. Thoughts and prayers for your grandpap.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Mike. Brianna and I send our condolences.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss Mike.

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i have a 26ft haulmark for sale.loaded and wired,ac and awning,and winch,5200 axles.$3500 takes it.got to go.picking up new in am.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
also,tony fag.if the rumor is true..we arent friends anymore..did you sale your big rig???cheap?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
What year is the trailer Bill? Do you think a golf cart will fit in front of a Nova?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1996,and i hauled a 68 camaro and a golf cart in it b4,if nothing else take the cabnets out and for sure it would fit then..

Photobucket