DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Tony...you write the songs that make the whole world sing...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Her name was Lola,
she was a showgirl

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You talking about Deniker again?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bronson Jr.
posted Hide Post
Ei Ei Eio Ei Ei Eio!!

Posts: 8 | Location: Latrobe | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Her name was Lola,
she was a showgirl

Back in the early 90's there was a guy racing in NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster in Division 3 named Chuck Baird. He called his car "Wild Side". I asked him if he named it after the Lou Reed song "Take a Walk on the Wild Side". He said he did. I asked him if he knew what the song was about, he didn't. Man was he pi$$ed when I told him.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That's funny

I remember one day in high school, I was walking through the cafeteria while singing the Kinks' song, Lola. A friend of mine, Chris Astorino, heard me and asked me if I knew what that song was about. Told him that I had no idea.

He laughed and then proceeded to tell me that "Lola" was a transvestite. I was like, "No way". He sang a couple of lines from the song and convinced me. My life was changed forever.

Lola, Lo Lo Lo Lo La Lola

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
It's funny, the things one remembers.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I had a buddy do the same thing to me Tony, that's pretty funny. I wasn't torturing anyone by singing though, we were just talking about music.

"Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand/Why she walks like a woman but talks like a man"

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Condolences go out to Dave Kiel and his family, who lost his father this morning.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good time at the banquet Saturday night - Skeet was a hoot!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Skeet, the announcer?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yessir. Uncle Shamus made an appearance as well.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Here are pics of the intake we are raffling off at the Practice Tree Race next Saturday. Once again, you can enter without coming to the tree race by going to www.thinkingofnikki.com - tickets are $5 apiece, and 3 for $10. Thanks to John Cadamore and Cadamore Racing.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Lookin' good John.. Wink

Anyone know if they are going to have a chassis cert at the track at all this year?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric. I hope it helps raise some money for a great cause.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I sure hope we do too, John. Tree race 1 week from today!

Eric, yes, there will be chassis certification at PRP. As soon as I hear the date, I'll post up.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the 6th Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout, presented by Pittsburgh Raceway Park! Saturday, March 2, at the New Alexandria Fire Hall, 8370 Route 22, New Alexandria PA 15670, 11:30am doors open, racing starts at 12:30. $5 cover charge to all, which gets you lunch, 12:30 little race ($5 entry) starts, big race ($20 entry) starts after little race is completed. Double entries allowed in both. No reentry or buybacks in little race. Big race will have reentry for first round losers (win reentry round to get back into round 2). Last year, little race paid $225 to win, $100 runner up, $25 semis, $10 quarters. Big race was on schedule to pay $1000 to win, $300 runner up, before the remaining racers agreed to a split.

Menu:
Fried chicken from Wal Mart or Giant Eagle
BBQ chicken confit, courtesy of Jeff Hann
Macaroni and cheese, courtesy of Kara Jo Bowman
BBQ baked beans, courtesy of Kathy Randolph
Veggie pizza, courtesy of Kimmy Whalen
Buffalo chicken dip and reuben dip, courtesy of Carrie Penn
Pasta salad, courtesy of the Coughanhours
Hot sausage, courtesy of Carmen Tedesco
Haluski, courtesy of Amy Romeo
Pepperoni dip, and chocoloate chip cookies, courtesy of Amber Evans
Cookies, courtesy of Amanda Hoover
Peanut butter and peanut butter nutella no bake cookies, courtesy of Jennifer Wilson
Water, iced tea, lemonade, punch

Presenting sponsor, Pittsburgh Raceway Park, www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

* ASAP Performance, Allison Park, PA - http://asapbyed.com/ - 412-492-7454 - donation to big race purse
* Bowman Performance in Export, http://bowmanperformance.com/ donating Advanced Auto gift cards
* Cadamore Raqcing, donating ported SBC Victor Jr intake
* Ionadi Auto Sales in Penn Hills, http://ionadiauto.com/ , donating $200 to the big race purse
* M&M Parts & Leather, 6041 Route 30 Greensburg, http://www.mmleatheronline.com/ - gift card
* NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg, 724-834-3520

Rules:

* Race 1, first round only, will have 1 time trial hit. There will be no time trial hits in round 2 through final round
* There will be no "time trial" hits in Race 2. There will be desktop/pocket trees available to practice on.
* Rollout will be able to be set for each racer by adjusting the delay.
* All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5.
* How to enter: "Tech cards" will be sold at the door. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in. If you are double entering, write #1 after your name on the first entry, #2 on the second.
* Pairings will be randomly drawn.
* Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of each round.
* Racing is off of the handheld button only.
* Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.
* The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.
* Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.
* The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.
* Double entries WILL be allowed in BOTH races!
* IF - IF!!!! - there is time and interest, we will have a top bulb race AFTER the 2 bottom bulb races. Entry and payout TBD, rules above apply

We are planning on having scoreboards!

We will be raffling a ported SBC Victor Jr intake manifold, courtesy of Cadamore Racing, to benefit the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation. Tickets are $5 apiece, or 3 for $10. All proceeds will benefit the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation. Please visit www.thinkingofnikki.com or look for Thinking Of Nikki on Facebook.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Our entry list is below. If you plan on coming, and are not on there, please email us at steelcitydragrace at yahoo.com

AJ Casini
Amanda Hoover
Amber Evans
Amy Romeo
Barry Barnett
Beth Lucci Romeo
Bill Turk
Bob Singer
Brandon Prest
Brianna Casini
C.j. Yaeger
Chad Coughanour
Chuck Turocy
Dale Turner
Don Liberatore
Earl Hall
Evan Sansenbaugher
Glenda Hake
Greg Miller
Gruber Racing
J.p. Schuster
James Young
Jason McClure
Jason Weaver
Jeffrey Hann
Jeremy Sampson
Jim Senkewitz
John Cadamore
John Sahli
Jordan Haase
Joshua Barnett
JT Harrold
Kara J. Bowman
Kathy, Bob, Bobby Randolph
Kimmy Whalen
Mark Brewer
Mark Romeo
Mark Vasbinder
Matt Cadamore
Matt Obe
Matt Palyas
Mike Balaska
Mike Egan
Nick Bowman
Phil Hurst
Richard Penn
Rick Pearson
Scotty Campbell
Zach Caswell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the tree race. A special thanks to Chuck Aj and to Mark for putting this together. It's a fun day with good food and being with good friends.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I love this event! We will only be 5 weeks away from opening day. Its nice to get out and see everyone that I havent seen since last year. A little competiton to get the blood pumping with a chance for some cash.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post