DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprcheby:
Chuck aka Ducky,
The only reason we did so well was because we had the rain slicks on. Kevin Whalen’s barbeque was a huge factor also.

Nice job in Bristol!

Your hired gun drove angry! And bbq is always an important factor. Speaking of, have you treated your hired gun to Clem's yet???

Thanks for the Bristol compliment!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeff did you check the adjustment on the rocker arms for the squitters? Another thing that sometimes helps is richening up the idle circuits just a pinch. I run a tunnel ram and 2 dominators with the yellow cams and the only problem I ever had with bogs have been when one of the rockers got corroded and wasn't returning to its possition after the throttle was opened.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i already check and rechecked them. this carb was brand new when i put it on the car.
i run a victor intake with a 2" super sucker so there is a huge hole to fill. it worked great when i had the gas carb on it. now this one is E85 so i know it needs more fuel. quick fuels had me go down 10 numbers on the idle circuit and 8 numbers on the interm. circuit. and also had to go from 94 mains to 98 mains.
it has a 45 squirter in it when i got it. 50 was a littler better and then 52 s helped a little more.

i figured i would give quick fuel a call and see what they thought.
the tech from QF told me that when the design of the accel. pumps and cams were done, they had no idea of the use of a starting line enhancer.
he told me to put the 55 squirters in on it, then either loosen the rocker arms to the cams or rotate the pump cam and drill my own hole so it comes in a little later and also slow down the SLE if i can.
he said that the SLE will mat the carb way quicker than you can with your foot. so it needs the extra fuel instantly to cover it. so i will see how it runs friday night with those changes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Are the cams from a 4150 the same as the 4500???

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
no bill, from my understanding , they only make 3 cams for a 4500, a white cam for use with 30cc pumps, and yellow and brown cams for the 50cc pumps.
when i called quick fuel today, they told me to stay with the yellow cams because the brown cams have a smaller profile.

i rotated both cams so they come in just a little later and drilled a hole for the screw. hoping it works out ok.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Clems has been on my approved list for years. The hired gun has enjoyed their sandwiches when the camp below me made a Clems run a while back. I am looking forward to this weekend if the rain holds off. It would be awesome to the angry gun (lol) get her first win in that ride. I know it will not come easy with the tough competition at PRP. We look forward to having you in the winners photo with us.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Angry gun... I like it! Big Grin

Ok, that's better... I was going to have to turn you in for child neglect.

We'll be fine Saturday. Just make sure you all stay hydrated. Competition is definitely top notch at PRP. I sure look forward to that victory lane pic. It's coming, that's for sure!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey - There is racing this Friday night right? So hard to tell from that dad gum website....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
According to this page, there is.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/schedule

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The flyer states it too.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Condolences go out to Bill Turk on the loss of his dog Dodger. Dodger passed away unexpectedly and suddenly today. Dodger will be missed by many, as he was often at the track with Bill and rarely met a stranger.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about Dodger! We were just talking about our animal kids last night! So sorry Bill.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Results Outlaw Pro Mods Pittsburgh Raceway Park July 23, 2011
Qualifying Round One
1. Andy Jensen 4.0347 180.43
2. John Vergotz 4.1723 174.83
3. Chip Forman 4.2102 173.88
4. Ray Schuler 4.2371 171.04
5. Dave Norris 4.2889 170.52
6. John Camp 4.3319 164.84
7. Pete Ignatovic 4.3953 163.70
8. Jim Shuman 4.4327 160.94
9. Gene Nagy 4.8706 143.40

Final Qualifying Order
1. Andy Jensen 4.0347 180.43
2. John Vergotz 4.1428 177.24
3. Chip Forman 4.2102 173.88
4. Ray Schuler 4.2371 171.04
5. Dave Norris 4.2664 172.08
6. John Camp 4.3177 165.44
7. Pete Ignatovic 4.3953 163.70
8. Jim Shuman 4.4170 161.52
9. Bobby Martin 4.5527 156.20
10. Gene Nagy 4.8706 143.40

Eliminations Round One
Martin .3766 4.5209 158.95
W-Shuman .0891 4.4230 160.89

W-Ignatovic .0237 4.4240 162.75
Vergotz Broke

W-Norris .0764 4.2130 174.35
Schuler .0136 4.3202 166.73

Camp .0217 4.2857 166.60
W-Forman .0148 4.2081 174.22

Eliminations Round Two
Ignatovic .0170 4.5328 155.82
W-Forman .0754 4.2000 173.95

W-Norris .0555 4.8097 130.93
Shuman .0303 5.2047 102.11

Final Round
Norris .1330 4.6574 124.07
W-Forman .0649 4.2050 173.95

Misc. Notes
Many thanks to the Ray and Sam Schuler. Schuler Service Center sponsored the race this week. They are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year. I spent some time after the race shooting the breeze with those guys. They have some people on that team with many years of drag racing under their belts and they have a lot of interesting stories to tell.

The Schuler’s did not have an easy weekend. On the shakedown pass they broke a rocker arm. In the second qualifying session they broke a carbon fiber driveshaft. They were able to get another driveshaft from John Vergotz but in the thrash to change the driveshaft they forgot to put fresh bottles in the car and it ran out of nitrous in the first round of eliminations.

Andy Jensen’s 4.0347 in qualifying was quite surprising given the incredibly hot and humid conditions. From the starting line it sounded like it spun the tire all the way down the track. Unfortunately he broke a valve in the second session and was unable to take part in round one. He did take the $200 bonus for Low ET. His sixty foot time on the 4.03 was .9521.

John Vergotz suffered a huge manifold explosion just off the starting line in the first round of eliminations. It burned for quite a while as he coasted down track. Fortunately all the safety equipment worked properly and John was unhurt. Can’t say the same for his family and crew. It’s hard to watch something like that and not be concerned about the driver’s safety. It was way too hot and humid for all those people to be sprinting down the track to check on their driver.

Chip Forman continues to turn in one solid run after another at Pittsburgh. He won four times there in 2010 and has won two of the three races there this year. His only run that wasn’t a 4.20 or 4.21 was a 4.2645 in the second round of qualifying.

Bobby Martin and Spike Sterling and their team are getting the Rush Willy’s sorted out. Everything is new on the car for this year, engine, trans, blower and body panels. Fuel pump problems plagued them last race, but they were happy with the couple solid runs they made this week. They got in the show as first alternate when Jensen broke.

Good showing for Dave Norris, crew chief John Anderson and their team. Dave missed the first two races at Pittsburgh this year due to a crash and some engine problems. They had everything fixed and ready to go for this week when Dave suffered a major fire at his place of business Friday. I would not have been surprised if Dave decided to bag the race after the torture he had to endure Friday. But they were there and worked their way to the final round despite having to thrash to change a transmission after round one.

John Camp won’t divulge any details but he has something new in the works. His present car has been listed for sale on the internet and the word I hear (not from John) is he has a lightweight car coming from Missouri. There are at least three big name chassis shops in Missouri so I don’t know exactly where the new car is coming from. But judging by the grin John gave me when I asked about it, it’s going to be something good.

There will be a report on High Octane Racetalk on Cool 101.7 FM in Meadville Monday July 25th. The show runs from 6-8 PM eastern. I usually do the drag racing at seven o’clock. The call in line is 814-333-9011.
You can listen live online at: http://www.cool1017online.com/
The show is archived at: http://www.msa-sports.com/
There will also be a report on Rappin’ on Racin’ Monday July 25th at 8:15 PM eastern.
You can listen to the show on line at: http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/You can also reach the archives through that link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Lang,

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Another great job by Keith Bowman and the PRP track crew containing the fire on John Vergotz's car over the weekend. I saw video of the fire today and I swear Keith was on the quad and fighting the fire seconds after the car stopped. Great job guys. Sorry to see you have problems John but I know you will have it fixed in no time and racing again.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of what could have happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kp9jR0ZtlA

That's N2O for ya'!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Donnelly,

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is what did happen, from John's point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJjkd5ghzDc

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome job by Keith, as usual. He's getting some love from the YellowBullet crowd who watched the Vergotz vid:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/fo...wthread.php?t=390758

Balaska, I can't believe you left those points on the table Saturday.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Those were alot of points too lol

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow that is the fastest I have ever seen a track offical get to a car that was on fire and get it put out. GOOD JOB!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check the timer on the video. Within less than 20 seconds after the pop KIETH was on the seen, less than 30 seconds after the pop he was fighting the fire and had the fire out in less than 35 seconds.AWESOME It takes me longer than that to figure out that there is a fire. Im real glad he's on our team.

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post