DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i can deep stage my 10.70 car footbrakin and somehow turn it green? oh wait is deep staging an unfair advantage to?

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
You could tie your shoe laces tighter... that gives you about .10.. Oh wait you need to slow it down... drive in metal toe boots Rolling Rolling

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Of course not, I got restrictor plates for it. Just haven’t dialed them in yet.

No way, take the example of Biddle Jr. sighted above. With the transbrake he can hit the bottom bulb even running low 9’s. I’ve run my father’s car running the same low 9’s with the largest front runners you can buy (29” diameter which is larger than my rear tires), staging as shallow as possible, leaving just off idle and it still can’t leave on the bottom bulb. Nowhere near, actually.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just because you cant figure it out doesnt mean that it cant be done...

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can easily slow my lights down that much by going a little deeper so it has to lift more tire before it is out of the beams also rpms work a bunch on my car for slowing it down on the tree but doesn't slow the ET at all. I can also get an easy .030 out of back tire pressure. Some people just don't try things enough to know.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MObertanec:

Quoted for truth!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What if you're using your shoe laces as a fan belt? Will you go red?

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
“In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few” ~Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"rather be dumb and win, Then think i know everything and not" ~ Matthew Obertanec

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm going with Obertanec, screw Suzuki.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Hyde
posted Hide Post
quote:
"rather be dumb and win, Then think i know everything and not" ~ Matthew Obertanec

leave Prest out of it

Posts: 15 | Location: Torrance, PA | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
Correct, I don’t think you can.

Also correct. A lot of IHRA/NHRA rules are bogus. Running low 11’s at 120 mph on a drag strip, in a straight line is nowhere near as dangerous as riding my sport bike at the same speed around a road course, which is where I was last weekend.

There is nothing stopping them from running in Mod!

One real simple thing stopping me from running in MOD - it;s called an 87 Octane Rusty Crusty FOURTEEN SECOND Camaro - see, some of us actually know the rules.... big idea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Glenn and Joan,

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
man you guys are way to advanced than me I still trying to learn how to pull up in the back of the lanes 3 feet is a big deal now a days.....

so whats the point here?... dude running nines cant trans brake because its to hard but when the dude wins its because he has a trans brake?

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Am I in a different zip code or what but I check the weather everyday sometimes more and the weather looks great for Saturday. Confused

Good footbrakers are just as good as good transbrake guys, fact

A good footbraker can adjust their light .045, fact

A transbrake can make someone that is terrible at footbraking a good, fact.

There is less room for error footbraking, fact

There is more chance for variation footbraking, fact

You can run a transbrake in modified, fact, so what does it matter.

To me, if rules allow it, why not take every advantage you can get. Im stupid for footbraking. I just do it because its easier on parts. Plus allowing TB evens out the playing field. Take away transbrakes, especially adjustable buttons and you will really see who can footbrake and who cant. Then tell me transbrakes dont make a difference.

I by no means care if someone runs a transbrake or not, just stating what I believe to be facts.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another way I look at it is, we are all trying to get to the same place and footbraking is taking the dirt road, transbraking is a highway and transbraking with an adjustable button is the super highway.

Those that take the dirt road when the super highway is available has no one to blame but their self.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A good racer will adjust his car within the rules to make his win light come on the most not cry because the rules don't fit his style. I am going to try footbraking my car this summer just for the heck of it,does anybody feel like putting some money up against me? Big Grin

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Posted July 06, 2011 02:50 PM Hide Post

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

leave Prest out of it

That actually made me laugh out loud

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Mike you forgot another variable. The clutch pedal without a stop can change things up big time.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
did we get a name on the cheater in top yet??? No No

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post