DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What's up Mikey? I've been a little busy playing coach for my daughter's softball team. Plus, my car is in no shape to race, yet. I had the Camaro at the Nitro Jam race, hurt the motor. New heads and intake are on and she's ready to rock and roll. Hope to shake it down tonight but the weather doesn't look good. Should, I hope, run faster. I've been itching to race but I'm a dad first, before anything. Looking forward to hitting the track now that softball is over. If the Camaro is OK, I might park the Malibu for the year. See you soon.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Results Outlaw Pro Mods at Pittsburgh Raceway Park June 25, 2011
Qualifying order round one
1. Ray Schuler 4.1531 173.54
2. John Camp 4.3065 167.60
3. Pete Ignatovic 4.3357 165.81
4. Pat Moore 4.5033 156.96
5. Tony Desiderato 4.6167
6. Gene Nagy 4.7905
7. Keith Bronson 5.4613 128.87
8. Kevin Bealko 7.0520 87.60
9. Dave Roemer 9.1482 47.32

Final qualifying order

1. Ray Schuler 4.1531 173.54
2. John Camp 4.2879 167.29
3. Pete Ignatovic 4.3231 165.68
4. Jamie McBride 4.3441 161.81
5. Pat Moore 4.5033 156.96
6. Tony Desiderato 4.6167
7. Gene Nagy 4.7463 146.29
8. Keith Bronson 5.4613 128.87
9. Kevin Bealko 5.4950 151.26
10. Dave Roemer 6.5600 72.12

Round one eliminations

W-Bealko .0602 4.1854 171.10
Moore .0386 4.3667 160.14

Desiderato .0975 4.7007 145.82
W-Ignatovic .0336 4.7418 161.81

W-Nagy .0413 4.7161 146.63
Camp -.3942 4.2585 167.91

Bronson .1877 5.4300 129.46
W-Schuler .0714 4.5568 134.37

Round two eliminations

W-Nagy .0315 4.7326 146.63
Ignatovic .0221 5.0832 139.62

W-Schuler .0644 4.2597 167.85
Bealko .0388 4.5372 136.20

Final round eliminations

W-Schuler .0237 4.1793 170.97
Nagy .0562 4.7583 146.53

Notes- John Vergotz was at the track. His car didn’t make a pass due to electrical problems.

-Bobby Martin was also in attendance with Spike Sterling’s Rush Willys. They had a problem with a leaking fuel pump and did not run.

-Ray Schuler won for the second week in a row. His car shook hard in the first round but he pedaled it and chased down Bronson.

-Pat Moore was behind the wheel of Richard Lockwood’s Corvette with a Gene Fulton 5.2 in it. They had planned to just do a little testing. Things went better than they had planned so they decided to make a full pull and wound up getting in the show. Despite their first round exit they were more than happy with their outing.

-John Deflorian from Jerry Haas Race Cars was on hand helping Kevin Bealko and the Black Diamond Motorsports team with their new Pontiac GXP. John told me after their 4.22 on a pre-qualifying shakedown pass he thought they could get after it pretty good. Both qualifying passes resulted in shake and spin. They got in the field as an alternate when Jamie McBride broke an air pipe to one of his turbos. The Bealko’s made the best of it and ran low ET of round one in their win over Moore.

-Pete Ignatovic shook so hard in round one that the latch on the driver’s door fell off.

-John Camp continues to improve with his new Camaro. He ran 4.24 on the shakedown pass, 4.30 and 4.28 in qualifying and 4.25 in round one.

-Tim Lewis drove up from Virginia to cover the race for RPM Magazine.

-There will be no more shakedown passes on race day during the Outlaw Pro Mod series at Pittsburgh. The track has a Friday night race scheduled before every remaining Pro Mod race on the schedule and Pro Mod teams are invited to come in on Friday and make some runs if they desire. There is no charge for Pro Mod teams to test during the Friday Night at the Races program.

-There will be another change in the program. The first two races of this year there has been no charge for the cars entering the Outlaw Pro Mod races. Beginning with the next race there will be a $100 entry fee for the car driver and two crew. The teams I spoke with appreciated that the track tried the free entry deal and they understand that the track needs to make a change to fund the program.

There will be a report on High Octane Racetalk on Cool 101.7 FM in Meadville Monday June 27th. The show runs from 6-8 PM eastern. I usually do the drag racing at seven o’clock. The call in line is 814-333-9011.
You can listen live online at: http://www.cool1017online.com/The show is archived at: http://www.msa-sports.com/

There will also be a report on Rappin’ on Racin’ Monday June 27th at 8:15 PM eastern.
You can listen to the show on line at: http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/You can also reach the archives through that link.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One more note I'd like to add. Gene Nagy did not originally plan on running the Pro Mod show saturday. I talked him into running with them to help fill out the field and it pays $200 to go out in the first round. Gene wound up in the final and picked up $700 runner up money. He said he was going to buy the big coffee on the way home instead of the small one.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to gino fagnilli for his R/U finish in top sportsman at norwalk this weekend.

quote:
NORWALK, Ohio - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 5 eliminations in Top Sportsman at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Fifth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals:

W/L Driver Class Dial RT ET Ov/Un

(W) Ryan Ondrejko TS 6.94 0.011 6.956 0.016
(L) Gino Fagnilli TS 6.98 0.051 6.981 0.001

Weather conditions: air temperature 78 degrees, relative humidity 44 percent, barometer 29.05 inches, adjusted altitude 2,864 feet, track temperature 88 degrees.

Ondrejko with a great light and the win by 0.0254 seconds (approximately 7 feet)

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nice run Gino! Stupid rain last Friday... didn't get to see a single car go down the track. Also good to see Gino avenged Tony a couple rounds later. Here's the pic from CompPlus of the final round:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Gino purging, in another CompPlus shot:

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you have been wandering where Bud has been, I happened to see him at the ole watering hole with a toupee! I think he is taking water dancing classes

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rollingomg thats funny..sure wish i would have stayed and watched ole bud double bulb russ then go on to win the race..good job mr brank..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Maybe PRP can use that as his winner's circle pic.

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
well that explains why his car is so slow!!!

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bud didnt win so he couldnt go to "Disney World" so he took Lisa, Greg, Donnie & me to Kennywood! He loves the front seat I hope he buys me a dipped ice cream cone today!

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This message is from Joan Engelhardt, 1978 Camaro, Street PR122 - just so no one gets the grief or blame for this post and just to clear up any doubt in your military mind who is ticked off here....
This is directed to any and all Modified Racers (you know who you are) who decide to double class and buy into Street with your 11 second cars. First of all - Welcome one and all. Your money is the same color and denomination as mine and if you can cut a light and slow your car down to 12's - more power to you, we need the car count in Street. You are welcomed with open arms to the Street is Neat Family.
What is NOT welcome is your belief that the track rules are suddenly suspended when you chuck down $30 for a ticket to Street. You are NOT allowed to back up out of a lane 'cause you don't want to race a friend (anymore than you would get away with THAT in Mod...)and you are NOT allowed to drive out of the staging lane, come back around, and choose a new dance partner (once again - any more than you would get away with THAT in Mod...)
With that said, Street is a magical place. We wish each other "Good Luck" and "Be Safe" and "let's have some fun" even when we have to race a friend - which is usually every round since we are ALL friends. Please feel free to come over to the Dark Side - we are the red headed step-children to the track - tolerated, but not loved or taken seriously - but we are the ones who will rise up if cheated, which is what you are trying to do. We love our cars and we love racing - so don't come over and f**k with us, we take our lanes seriously.
See ya next week, and please feel free to chuck down that $30 to join us - we are a lot of fun.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would agree with you that doing that is total BS and shouldn't be tolerated at all. Did you report these people to management, if so and they didn't take care of it then you should all do the same thing they did next time out to cause a mass confusion and force them to take care of it. Their is always a solution to problems like that and sometimes you just got to take matters into your own hands.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Would it help if the person who is pulling the cars from the lanes pull cars from the lanes in a random order rather than a side by side pull ?
And if the cars aren't allowed to back out of the lanes or loop back, then that rule needs enforced.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It would help if they did like Norwalk and Quaker, have a track personel putting cars in the lanes at the back and then pulling them front to back for racing. I never cared for being able to chose your lane when pulling into the lanes for racing and then after the lanes started to fill unevenly they put somebody back there forcing you into the other lane,either everybody gets to pick or nobody gets to pick.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wasnt there but i have a pretty good idea who it was, Some things never do change, Once a Wussy always a Wussy!!!! you can change some of my wording around LOL!!!
Hope to be back out there in the near future for some Racing action, but have had a ton of personal issues this year!!!

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i hear someones cheating again in top??? No No

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but they caught him already. Hidden Matty box.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’ve never understood why a delay box can be legal in Top but not a Matty box? Both are electronic driver aids, both control car reaction… actually a Matty box doesn't even control the car, it's basically just another gauge. I've even heard of guys running the Matty box through the Tach! Confused

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
if thats what you think!! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
I’ve never understood why a delay box can be legal in Top but not a Matty box? Both are electronic driver aids, both control car reaction… actually a Matty box doesn't even control the car, it's basically just another gauge. I've even heard of guys running the Matty box through the Tach! Confused

Photobucket