DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That actually made me laugh outloud

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, just want to give kudos for the job you did announcing the Curt George event over the weekend. You may have missed your calling.

You did all the right things....put names and faces to the various cars, called the race as it was happening. Good announcers CAN make drag racing much more spectator friendly, and can help a track promote the local heros and draw some spectators.

My good friends "ThunderLungs" Jon Lunberg, who is a legend, and George Nye of York US30 have done this for years.

Again, good job.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Tony

Steve, thank you for the kind words. I tried not to embarrass myself, or anyone else, and have some fun. There was some awesome racing going on. I don't know if I'll ever forget Lonnie Smith in the Ram taking on his dad's Dart. About .004 apart on the tree, Lonnie with a 7 second head start, dragging the brakes, reeling his dad in, they both go dead on, .002 MOV for dad Larry.

Also have to give some shout outs - pretty cool to see Bruce Bowman and Nick Bowman in the final, of the Bowman Performance Pro class, with Nick getting the win. Tim Bowman was driving Bill Ward's Belvedere in the Hemi class, and in the final was just red, .0007 I think?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Thanks chuck that was awesome man!!! great weekend!!! and yes dad was -.0007 red

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
awesome weekend!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cadaschmuck did you get your car finished yet

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to ron boyce for taking home some of beaver bob's money this past weekend.
winning the little beaver race sat. night.
pretty cool watching it pick the front up and carrying it past the 60' and putting it down almost as soft as it came up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yes sir...its done! me and kev were double classing it this weekend at the mopar race...breaking it in haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
yeah, you're right. I love you man.[/QUOTE

Love you to. Wave

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Get a room, homos.

Now Chuckles. Rolling

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NoRespect Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Shelby, I see no real need for the 3rd bolt. I bought a Jegs mini-starter, the one they have for like 119.99 on the racers discount, program. Now mine is a straight pattern starter so you would have to drill (or tap the existing) the 3rd hole. Knock on wood, I have had great luck from mine. I don't think you will have a problem with the Powermaster though. What gauge wire do you have going to the starter? Also, is your block grounded to the battery?

Hi, Mark,

Thanks for the insight Mark, Well I drilled and tapped a third hole this past weekend off, and now I can use 3 bolts, I hope my problems are over, I have a heavy cable running to the Neg battery post that bolts to the frame near the front motor plate, but I was thinking of putting a small wire right to the starter. I got 6 races out of the last Proform, 3 total all from summit, they told me they had a high return on these starters and I didnt see them in the new catalog, I think they quit selling them. But I think we got it figured out, I had a 2 bolt stagered bolt starter mount system, but this weekend I drilled and tapped a 3rd hole in my block to accept the regular bolt, or straight bolt pattern sbc starters, and Summit has been great also, they gave me a deal on a Powermaster Mini Starter after 3 ProForm mini starters failed in less than a few races apiece, thay they replaced, for they old starter and 48.00 with free shipping a hat and a tee shirt!! lol. But this 430 stroker sbc engine is rated at 14:1 compression and is hard to turn over, even with a MSD timing retarder box (starter saver) lol . What was happening is the starter would kick away from the flywheel, or move, and change the adjustment of the starter gear to the flywheel and would get stuck or jammed, and would not return to kick in and fail, I am thinking heat also from my header tube, 1 was close. So now I am running all 3 bolts in the mount and all kinds of heat wrap on my headers to keep the starter cool. I even took the time to pull the header off and cut the one tube and bend it away from the starter and re mig welded it, away from the starter to keep away the heat from the header tube, and wrapped it good with heat tape and wrapped the starter with a heat shield, So we will see this sat if it worked out.. This new Powermaster starter lists at 311.00 the Proforms were 211.00 so lets see?

Posts: 13 | Location: United States | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:
yes sir...its done! me and kev were double classing it this weekend at the mopar race...breaking it in haha

How did the beast run?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:

How did the beast run?

Fast!!! (when tuned up) has to go slower till he gets the roll bar in.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Cadaschmuck and thats what I hear. That little car runs pretty good. Hopefully with a converter that works I can atleast hang on to his coat tails Razz

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
haha thanks guys...i was more than impressed with the car...still some left in it too...but i need a cage badly now haha like i said mike...the converter is a big part to a good running car. cam and converter should be the last two pieces bought while building a car. your car will be nipping at my heals in no time!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Buy a CVR starter. I've had the same one for almost 10 years now and it's still running strong. You know what that means? I said something so it will fail next week, LOL.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where have you been Joey I have seen or heard from you?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony, hoping you see this by tonight...

When are your qualifying sessions in TS? The schedule on NHRA.com doesn't say. We'll be there Friday at 8:30am, hope to get to see you guys run.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/.../NO1run_schedule.pdf

We won't get to see TD/TS qualifying Chuck, they will be completing that today pending weather of course. According to the schedule above.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. I hope Gino and Tony qualify so we can cheer them on.