DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
how can i say this without upsetting you mikey????but yes i am having issues all of a sudden like the last 2 weeks.might just be my pile but yes im having issues,and word in the lanes is other top cars are to.i watch mod car and some top cars pull the wheels and go,but "i" am spinning.so im gonna have to go somewhere else and figure this out.tires are good suspension is good motor trans etc all have been checked,had my kid in the car last week and same thing inconsistaint 60ft times.guess my car only likes new tracks for a few weeks,this is why i came back to prp..a good starting line.but last cpl wks it hasnt been there..'FOR ME" Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ALSO WHERE THE H ELL WAS EVERY1 THIS SAT?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I was at waterpark in Erie! Good weekend for me.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
is there gonna be a race at the pro am that the prp regulars can get into?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bill... just because there is meat on the tire does not mean the sidewalls are not shot. You are going to eat those up before you run out of good rubber. I have mostly seen it start at the 330 and then show up at 60. Ask Keith, he fought the same thing and finally put new tires on.

Oh and to answer your other question, it was too damn hot to go racing. Clint had the right idea!!

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff, from the flyer it looks like there will be a Gamblers race and a Stock/Super Stock combo race on Friday and Saturday. It's $35.00 to enter.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The test and tune and gamblers race on Friday of the Pro Am weekend are open to the Pro Am racers only. There is only Pro Am racing that weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck - Can you move the Pro-Am to this coming weekend, my engine is coming out tonight and I could use an extra week. haha Not sure I can turn it around in a week and don't want to race the daily driver unless I have to!

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
how can i say this without upsetting you mikey????but yes i am having issues all of a sudden like the last 2 weeks.might just be my pile but yes im having issues,and word in the lanes is other top cars are to.i watch mod car and some top cars pull the wheels and go,but "i" am spinning.so im gonna have to go somewhere else and figure this out.tires are good suspension is good motor trans etc all have been checked,had my kid in the car last week and same thing inconsistaint 60ft times.guess my car only likes new tracks for a few weeks,this is why i came back to prp..a good starting line.but last cpl wks it hasnt been there..'FOR ME" Banging Head

I understand exactly where your coming from Bill. You can't win races without traction. I did buy new tires and made some suspension adjustment which seems to be working for me so far.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
gonna try a tire change myself..

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Lou, again! I would have loved to have been there but my racing is on hold until after the baby gets here. Mama wants me close to home in case she goes early. Bill, I think you should sell me that flying bird.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Yes congrats to lou. whether its 1/4 or 1/8th he is driving great at prp. great guy too...was a good night saturday night, the wings were the best. thanks to kev and justin and bob. and whoever else was in on that. they were DA BOMB and i must of ate like 25...haha and ya were was everybody, scared of rain or the heat? probably both...

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I also agree with Mike, Thanks Dave Green for the great starting line, you have been doing a great job for weeks now. Congrats to you Mike! I couldnt have lost to a better racer, its always a pleasure watching your front end diveing to the pavment!!!! bow
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I also want to thank PRP and staff for keeping the track surface in tip top shape. I couldn't have won if the track surface wasn't there on the hot day.

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
joeyb,,its for sale!!but your to cheap to pay the price for a great car! Laughing

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the baby stuff...Will say a few prayers for a healthy baby and mamma.

Thanks again...had a blast. Hey Prest I think we should trade cars...I think that GTO has a love affair with PGH!

Good job to Mark Romeo that night also..... I thought for sure after the WBF win he was gonna knock me out and win both classes.....damn he was close!! Had a blast Saturday night thanks to all the guys for the congrats.

Nick every time that green Mopar pops up on my screen my skin crawls....I hate that damn thing LOL
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sounds good to me lou.when and where you want to switch em out!!
Hum

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ron, the same goes to you. We always seem to have good races.

Prest I hope the tires work for you too. I would like to see you stay at PRP.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the congrats guys, although Mikey, Lou, and Pinskey were the big winners on Saturday and deserve the spotlight!! Awesome job guys!!! Would have loved to have won both, wasn't meant to be as Lou cleaned me up good in Top and I made a good old mental mistake in the Mod semi...oh well. Nice job again guys!!

Prest I would like to see you stick around as well. I feel that things will come around, we have had some intense heat and track temp to deal with lately as well.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Prest, I'm not cheap, you're too expensive! bow

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyesgreat cars arent cheap,you want a cheap car??buy branks pile!!

Photobucket