DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From the PRP website today:

Due to the illness and hospitalization of driver Ken Nelson, the “Cool Bus” wheelstander will not be able to attend the upcoming PIttsburgh Nitro Jam this weekend.

In his place Richard Hutchins and the world famous “Chevy Rebellion” wheelstander has been added to the show!

RACER TRAILERS MUST BE MOVED
Anyone who has a trailer/race car parked on the tower side of the track must move it to the cafe side by Thursday for this weekends Nitro Jam. The tower side will be spectators only. We apologize for any inconvenience.

RAIN CHECK ANNOUNCEMENT
As everyone knows, the Nitro Jam is coming to Pittsburgh Raceway Park this weekend. The Nitro Jam is an IHRA event. Therefore, no rain checks will be honored this weekend (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday).
Sorry for any inconvenience and we hope to see you this weekend!

THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
This week's schedule at PRP's drag strip is as follows:

Thursday, May 19 - Test N Tune (No Gamblers race) Gates open at 5 PM, TNT starts at 6 PM. $25 for TNT, $7 spectators, $5 seniors, $25 per carload, children 10 and under are free. Both the front and back gates will be open for your convenience.

Friday, May 20 - IHRA Nitro Jam & Box and No Box Race -- Racer Gates (by Carmen's Cafe) open 3PM, Time Runs from 4-6pm, Box & No Box Gamblers Race starts 6pm. Nitro Jam Fan Fest from 6:30-7:30 PM. Nitro Jam round 1 starts at 8pm. Run order is as follows: Pro Fuel, Prostalgia, Nitro Harley, Chevy Rebellion Wheelstander, Grave Digger, Jet Truck and Megasaurus. Nitro Jam round 2 starts at 9:30 PM
Box Racers are 0.00 - 11.99 You do not have to have a box to race in Box Class.
No Box Racers are 0.00 - 20.99 Bikes and Street cars are welcome. Sorry no juniors for this race.
Racer entry fee is $20, 80% payback to Winner, R/U, Semi's.
All racers must pit on Carmen's Cafe side of the track. If you have a reserved spot on the cafe side, you are welcome to come Thursday and put your trailer on your spot. If you come in during test n tune, you will have to pay a racer entry fee or spectator entry fee.
Spectator gates are on our Motocross side of the track. Spectator gates open at 4:30 PM
If you are a racer, you may bring a tow vehicle (quad, golf cart etc,) but you must bring it with you when you come in. No pit vehicles will be allowed to be brought in after the racer has paid at the gates and no pit vehicles will be allowed on the tower side of the track for this weekends event.
Saturday, May 21 - IHRA NItro Jam and Regular Bracket Racing Program with Points (All Classes Including TCR and Jrs) - Gates open at 9AM. Time trials start at 10am. Nitro Jam Fan Fest from 6:30-7:30 PM. Nitro Jam round 1 starts at 8pm. Run order is as follows: Pro Fuel, Prostalgia, Nitro Harley, Chevy Rebellion Wheelstander, Grave Digger, Jet Truck and Megasaurus. Nitro Jam round 2 starts at 9:30 PM
Spectator gates are on our Motocross side of the track. Spectator gates open at 1 PM
Racer entry fee is our normal points/reg race day entry fee and regular payouts.
Any racer and/or crew coming in Friday night must pay for Friday and Saturday race event. If you are not planning to attend the Saturday event, we will cut your wristband and refund your Saturday fee as you drive out the gates Saturday morning before racing begins.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
What the...wall of text...Chuck your hurting my eyes.

Little changes to car after mother nature cried us another damn river this weekend.

Painted/cleared hood and cleaned headlights and cleared. Front spoiler back on. Just need to sand and polish hood.

Added axle tube braces.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
RACER TRAILERS MUST BE MOVED
Anyone who has a trailer/race car parked on the tower side of the track must move it to the cafe side by Thursday for this weekends Nitro Jam. The tower side will be spectators only. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm assuming that a person can come to the Thursdays T&T to move the trailers. Hum Right?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks to me that if you show up on thursday that you will have to pay something to get in.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I don't really care if I have to pay $7 to get in.
I'm wondering if I have to take a couple hours work off on Wednesday to have it moved "by" Thursday?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Just me..or why would'nt they bump the entry and payout for this race a little to attract some other racers?....I know people who would show for a few extra bucks...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It says time trails start at 10am saturday, Im thinking thats TCR and JR's, and big cars start at 1pm like usual. Or does all class start at 10am?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Eric,

I am assuming the reason the entry isnt changed is because it is a points day. Racers know when they sign up for points that it will cost them x dollars to run the full season, no more no less. I could care less wish it was 60 or 80 for 2000 myself but points racers are there for the 40 dollar entry 800.

Mikey,

I think that we are all starting early on saturday from what I understand, dont quote me on that but they want alot of the program run through by 6:30 or whatever the start time for show is.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Points day right in the middle of a big event!! Have fun guys hope it runs smooth for you. Good luck to all my buds....dont beat each other up too bad on the first day!!! lol

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Why would they wait till 1pm for the spectator gates to open if we (normal bracket program) are starting at 10am?

One note I should share with everyone... When I called the office to ask about camping I was told that if you bring a motorhome through the gate you will be Charged $50 for the motorhome then the $30 a person for each person inside. And if you are planning on staying both days it would be $60 for the motorhome and $60 a person for each person. Makes sleeping in a tent a little more bearable lol...

Will spectators be able to park by us (i.e. wives, children, friends)?

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jordan, if only there was some public area to post all that INFORMATION.... hhmmm.... Hum

Steve, I think you're fine coming during test and tune, if it happens:

All racers must pit on Carmen's Cafe side of the track. If you have a reserved spot on the cafe side, you are welcome to come Thursday and put your trailer on your spot. If you come in during test n tune, you will have to pay a racer entry fee or spectator entry fee.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Chuck, that's what I was thinking when I saw all the other information that was provided... I was told this information was what the IHRA was telling them...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I was thinking that was what they were planning on doing, but it didnt say for sure. If they do start everyone at 10am I dont think they will have any problem running a points day during the nitro jam. That leaves 8 hours to run the bracket race BEFORE the Nitro Jam. All class should be down to the quarters or eighths by 6:30. I would think most of the points event will be completed by the time the Nitro Jam starts. Granted there are no problems with the timing system like the last day when we couldn't get more then 10 cars down the track without a malfunction, which Im sure they had taking care of.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Points day right in the middle of a big event!! Have fun guys hope it runs smooth for you. Good luck to all my buds....dont beat each other up too bad on the first day!!! lol
Good luck indeed! Shamrock

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:

In a strange way I am almost relieved that I have to sit this one out. With the lack of information out there so far, this could easily be a CLUSTER... I wish everyone the best of luck and watch out for the dude in the silver Nova!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:

In a strange way I am almost relieved that I have to sit this one out. With the lack of information out there so far, this could easily be a CLUSTER... I wish everyone the best of luck and watch out for the dude in the silver Nova!!!

Mark I'm calling FUBAR for this weekend. This way I can be pleasantly suprised when and if it all runs smoothly.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
From the PRP website today:

The tower side will be spectators only.

Smartest decision I have seen in years!!!!! Hope this weekend works out for ALL! Good Luck

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
hopefully they post something soon about the starting times for all classes on sat.
the closer it gets, friday isnt looking too good. but im still hoping Banging Head

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok Guys,

Straight from Mike Tedesco Saturday's event will be a regular run program. Gates will open at 9 am Junior time trials will begin at 10 am. The big car time trials will start at normal time 1 pm. Hope that clears up some questions about Saturday's event.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks kevin, it definitely clears it up.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post