DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Romeo:
Ok Guys,

Straight from Mike Tedesco Saturday's event will be a regular run program. Gates will open at 9 am Junior time trials will begin at 10 am. The big car time trials will start at normal time 1 pm. Hope that clears up some questions about Saturday's event.

Cool means I can get a few things done now in the morning.

Thanks for info Kevin

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the reason why IHRA would charge so much for bringing in a motorhome with a race trailer?

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Wow...they never did before....I've run a bunch of National events with IHRA and never spent a dime extra to bring in the motorhome.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I called the track and they confirmed it. With gas at 4$ a gallon, it is just more than I am willing to spend on one day of racing. I have no idea what IHRA is thinking with that 1.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Wow...they never did before....I've run a bunch of National events with IHRA and never spent a dime extra to bring in the motorhome.
I've run a couple also and never charged for the motorhome but the specators staying for 2 or 3 days were charged.

Posts: 2 | Location: pa | Registered: May 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
More much needed information about this weekends event... On the issue of motorhomes being charged at the gate for the weekend. This will happen only for spectators, if the motorhome is attached to your race car trailer (Tow Vehicle) you will not be charged $50 for one day or $60 for two days. However if you bring motorhome seperate from your race car trailer it will be charged. So for the racers that tow with motorhomes, no extra charge. I figured I would explain this because I already hear racers complaining about the cost. It will not affect the Motorhomes used as Tow vehicles. Hope this helps.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Straight from Michael, motorhomes driven by racers pulling a trailer will not be charged an additional fee. The additional fee is for the motorhomes driven by spectators only.
There will be no fee for moving your trailer during test and tune. Move your trailor and leave, NO CHARGE!!!
Saturday gates will open at the normal time and the program will run as close to normal as we can. Spectators can come at any time.
9 a.m gates open
10 a.m. TCR starts with juniors to follow after completion of TCR
1 p.m. Big cars to start time trials
If your driving a motorhome and are a spectator park on the spectator side we do not have the room for you to park on the pit side and take a pit spot.
From Skooter Peaco, driving a motorhome with no trailor, you will be charged the spectator fee and the additional fee for the motorhome.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
another stupid question Wink

is the crew fee different from the spectator fee. if so, how much is it

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin for getting the correct answer on the motorhomes. I did ask that specific question when I called and was told that you would be charged if you were pulling a trailer and also if you were a weekly racer in points. I have a ton of things to do to get ready to be able to make the trip so I better get moving. Thanks again!!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Ill be honist I had many of the same questions when I saw the details on this weekend. I am trying to find out as much as possible as the week goes, just things that I have thought about and things that people have mentioned. I want to see this weekend be a success for PRP and the IHRA. In my opinion the more that we know and the better informed we are as racers or spectators the smoother the show will go. Which means we as racers are HAPPY, when things run smoothly and we know what to expect before that day.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it you got a pretty bad hotrod their Revin Kevin!! Nice job at the divisional!!
See you this summer if it ever quits raining!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Romeo:
Guys,

Ill be honist I had many of the same questions when I saw the details on this weekend. I am trying to find out as much as possible as the week goes, just things that I have thought about and things that people have mentioned. I want to see this weekend be a success for PRP and the IHRA. In my opinion the more that we know and the better informed we are as racers or spectators the smoother the show will go. Which means we as racers are HAPPY, when things run smoothly and we know what to expect before that day.

x2 well said Kevin!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Hope the weather comes around...
im kinda sad that they wont honor last weeks rain check, kinda doesnt sound right that they say its an ihra event, IHRA's event is the nitro jam show for spectators but saturdays race if PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARKS POINTS SERIES.. so for them to not honor our credit is alittle backward to me... i guess its not going anywere i can use it whenever we open again for points, which might be a while, predicted rain fall goes through the middle of june i hear...
looks like this will be another $150 plus weekend for me! unless of coarse i WIN!!! Wink see you all there friday rain or shine

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree Nick, I feel that they should be worth something but on the other hand I understand that the gate is under IHRA control. Using rain checks would just complicate alot of stuff for everyone. I will just hang on to the rain checks, use them at a later date. Why so much money? I am only spending 60 for two days? I forgot we all double up haha

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
YA man double dippin... $20 on friday, if i go 11s somehow maybe box too...(trying the carb spacer)
Then saturday Mod and street thats $70...Plus fuel for truck and fuel for car, be right around $150... LIke you said tho ill just hold my rain check for another weekend and get in free then... No loss just wasnt hoping to spend so much, i payed up alot of bills early this week thinking i had free entry, That 70 woulda helped i just got 4 tires on my new truck it cost me $74, damn manordale raped me...usuallly go to A & B in newken but he cant do 20" wheels Frown

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
$74 for 4 tires ain't bad.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
Straight from Michael, motorhomes driven by racers pulling a trailer will not be charged an additional fee. The additional fee is for the motorhomes driven by spectators only.
There will be no fee for moving your trailer during test and tune. Move your trailor and leave, NO CHARGE!!!
Saturday gates will open at the normal time and the program will run as close to normal as we can. Spectators can come at any time.
9 a.m gates open
10 a.m. TCR starts with juniors to follow after completion of TCR
1 p.m. Big cars to start time trials
If your driving a motorhome and are a spectator park on the spectator side we do not have the room for you to park on the pit side and take a pit spot.
From Skooter Peaco, driving a motorhome with no trailor, you will be charged the spectator fee and the additional fee for the motorhome.

Skooter sent me an email asking me to relay this news....as usuall I've been treed.. Big Grin

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
$74 for 4 tires ain't bad.

with 20" wheels, ill bet he forgot the 0 on the end Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea I am sure and wish I could get one new tire for $74 and need them bad just can't afford 20" wheels. Big Grin

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a good idea to double up this weekend. big idea. Looks like top and mod saturday. I dont know if there will be enough cars for me to double friday so Ill probably just stick with no box. Speaking of doubles, Im gonna double tomorrow at work so Ill be off Friday. Maybe then Ill have some double "O" lights this weekend. I'm stupid

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post