DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Man, that blows.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
why would you ever turn infront of somebody?? Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There were a couple close calls at the top end with people taking early exits and crossing over. The T/S guy driving the Neon did a heck of a job Friday night(I think it was Friday) keeping the car under control at the 1/4 mile when it looked like the back tires locked up.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At other IHRA Pro-Am events, do they have a IHRA person or track person located down track to help guide the cars off the racing surface ? I can remember them doing that in years past.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I have to give a big congratulations to my dad Frank on his R/U at Quaker, thanks Russ for posting that, I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to him about it yet to be honest and this is the first chance I got to post. Congrats dad!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
the problem in the shutdown area can be traced to one man. Last year he was directing traffic like a State Patrolman, and helping to pick up chutes. This year he was busy kicking butt in T/S ....they need him back Obviously

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
frank romeo is the man!!wish he could have got the 1st place.but he did very well.and thanks for coming down to my pit and hangin out with us after the races... Tongue

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Tony,
As Chuck mentioned, it was Steve Furr. Steve was in the left lane and it looked like he was going all the way to the end of the track to make his left turn. It looks like the Olds in the right lane wanted to take the early return road and came across in front of Steve or hit his door and into the guard rails Steve went.
Thank goodness they're both ok.

Actually I think Steve was in the right lane and turned in front of Jeff. At least this is what I was told. Either way, it sucks!!

Damien Hazelton
Lucky Dog Racing

Posts: 199 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
The Cutlass had damage to the front end. Fuel cell,radiator etc... The Camaro had damage to the left rear. Seen that when they left the Camaro sit just up from the lanes while Steve ran T/D. Hard to believe Steve came back and went .004 on the tree in T/D.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Luckydog,
You are correct sir. I got some bad information originally and Michelle Furr got back to me and said the Steve was indeed in the right lane and was hit on the left rear. Sorry about the wrong info, but I heard it from multiple folks.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hate accidents, I have no idea what happened on top end, just heard them call Steve's name as I was leaving to go up for TD, so I waited to watch the run but left when the W came on-Rick & I love to watch Steve's Camaro, it's a bad piece & I'm sure he'll bring it back better than ever-just glad both of them were not hurt.

On another note, just wanted to say we enjoyed our 1st trip to PRP, the crew was great, great facility, and the track was awesome.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
that cutlass had a mopar in it! was steve running travis's american?

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Frank, Tony and to Don!! Great job, well done!!

Always, Thinking of Nikki

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
No, Travis was in his own car.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good job Tony and Don in TS. Also to Jason and Josh in TD making the Semis. Good job representing PRP.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Just got some bad news from the Brewers:

Nikki Deniker passed away today.

Please keep the Deniker Family in your thoughts and prayers at this time.
Jen, Ryder and I send our condolences to the Deniker Family and all those close to them.
Ma Brewer - keep your head up... Love you!

Always and Forever.... THINKING OF NIKKI

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Just got the sad news as well.

Beth and I send our very deepest condolences to Bob, Karen, Ashley and all of their family and friends.

As Jordan said....Always and Forever... THINKING OF NIKKI

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I am heartbroken for the Deniker family. There are no sufficient words to express my sorrow.
I've got a niece, little beautiful brunette like Nikki, who just turned 6 Saturday. I cannot imagine losing her, or how the Denikers feel.

Always and Forever... THINKING OF NIKKI

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
my family and I send our thoughts and prayers to the denikers. I do not personally know Nikki or the denikers but she is the bravest and strongest little girl that I have ever heard of.

THINKING OF NIKKI

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Like Chuck said...no words.
Deepest sympathy from the Tedesco's and Team PRP.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post