DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You have to give credit where it is do and PRP and staff deserve it. Keeping all the racers on one side and spectators on the other was a great decision. Score boards and timing system are working excellent with no difference from lane to lane that I noticed almost all of last year. I thought the program ran almost flawless both days friday and saturday. Also, the thing I noticed and paid attention to all weekend was how there was every little waiting around or down time. When they called a class they started pulling cars out once the cars start coming in the lanes. Actually I held the program up once be cause when I pulled in the lanes not ready expecting the normal standing around time they were pulling me out and had to wait for me to get suited up. After I lost, and was watching I had to pay attention to the classes because there was no break between classes. When the last two mod were staging two top cars were doing burnouts. Some guys were saying it because IHRA was running the program but it was PRP staff in the lanes, calling numbers, etc. Give them some credit. I hope the continues.

Now for getting into the gate, that seemed to be taking some time.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Seems like PRP had the show under control (at least with the IHRA event being there).

Congrats to Calvin Collins for taking runner-up in Bike with a bike that isn't even remotely worked out yet. His plans were only to go up and make the two time trials and maybe stay for 1st round to try to get the bike worked out with a new nitrous controller. Car

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i thought the show went on pretty well.' we had an amazing time this weekend.the track and crew were on their game for sure.
it was nice to see the stands filled and people lining the fences.
congrats to all all of the winners this weekend.
now we need to take this weekend and roll it into the rest of the season and pack the stands.
pretty excited about the bash next weekend.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Nicky Bowman - you have become a force to reckon with!
Also congrats to all the Class winners - that's the most cars I have seen in Street in many, many years - for 1K they should all come out next weekend as well!
Kudos to Bob and Weasy - you have honored Nikki once again with your hard work - $1090 on a 50/50 must be a Keystone/PRP record and you DID IT (with a little help from an Angel....)

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
PRP ownership and staff did an awesome job this past weekend. I know when we went to the lanes there were 4 PRP staff waiting there to make sure you were put in the proper lanes. Things ran very well and the program was ran almost to perfection. I have never saw the place so packed. Congrats to all the winners and runner ups.

JR DRAGSTER 13-17 Andrew Valentino, Ellwood, Pa., dragster, 7.962, 77.85 def. Mason Gross, Fairmont, W.V., dragster, 7.944, 83.18.

JUNIOR DRAGSTER 8-12 Brandon Butler, N. Huntington, Pa., dragster, 9.375, 57.95 def. Frank Pennington, Nicktown, Pa., dragster, 9.437, 67.63.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
But wait, there's more!!!

Got to the pits, and PRP employees were walking through passing out flyers, about this coming weekend at PRP. Here is the deal for Saturday and Sunday, both points days. All classes pay the regular entry fee. All round money through semis money is DOUBLED. Modified and Top are BOTH paying $2k to win, and Street is paying $1k to win!!! Top and Mod, $40 entry, to win $2k!!! Street, $30 entry, $1k to win!!! Those are for BOTH Saturday and Sunday!!!

Now I have to find a babysitter for my dogs....or bring them with...Heather's going home to Canada for the weekend Frown.

Great time and the staff did very well...thanks to all involved.. Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
thanks joan!
CHUCK WHATS UP WHATS UP JORDAN HAASE WON IN BIKE!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nick, I did catch it late last night on FB.

What's up what's up, Ironman Jordan? Big Grin

Glenn, interesting forum. That's all I got to say about that.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
What's up What's up Chuck? Nitro Jam was a great time, it was great to enjoy some racing with friends and get to smell the nitro without having to travel... Winning Saturday just was the cap to a successful weekend!

Anyone know if there is going to be a way to see all of Bill Truby's pictures? I know he was there taking pics and I would really like to see what he got. Hopefully the website gets some updates with up to date results, points and photos. Thanks again to everyone at PRP, a great job by the staff and management. I had a little issue during first round and spoke with Jamie about it and he made sure things were straightened out and the program was run correctly, glad to see the efforts being made!

I just want to thanks some sponsors and people that have helped me out:
Z&M Cycle Sales, M&M Leather, Brock's Performance, GMS Racing Engines, JW Kustomz
Markie Brewer, Matt Wybiral, Gregg Dahl, John Gover, Mike Egan, Nick Bowman, Matt Powell, Joey Devola and all the rest of my friends.

Hard for me to still believe that I finally got my first win Saturday and grabbed an Iron Man! When that win light came on I was filled with emotions of joy and sadness... happy that I knew that I had finally accomplished what had eluded me for so long and when I came back to the pits everyone would be there waiting for me to celebrate and I knew Markie would be there with a huge smile on his face and he was... it was hard to face that fact that when I pulled off that neither my Dad nor Big Brewer would be there to celebrate my first win... The feeling was something special though because I knew that I had finally done the thing I wanted to do more than anything and that was win one for both of them and that trophy sure represents alot! I can honestly say I will never forget that day and the feeling when I went through and saw that true win light come on!

WILBER & FOREVER 53

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
So how was the IHRA show? How many top fuel cars?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i was thinking the same thing jordan.
been 3 weeks since opening day and still only like 5 pics up.
also imo, points should definitely be up before the next points race. that way if there are any problems, that person could see it and bring it to the tracks attention instead of waiting weeks before it is forgotten about.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The website is severely lacking this year. Roll Eyes Sleep

Anyone know if test and tune is allowed for Friday night for vehicles other than promods?

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It is a Night at the Races featuring 2 classes, 9.99 and quicker, 10.00 and slower. Doesn't matter whether you have a box or not those are the two classes to chose from. Testing is for the Pro Mods only.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey keith...how is your hand doing?

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE IN CAR VIDEOS FROM THE WEEKEND!!! Enjoy
time trial out of car cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoRlqtOP2g
elimination rd in car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LxByPM4tIU
elimination rd in car .004 package on 9 sec car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8XI6McuPs
elimination rd in car driving stripe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td5L7kXagas

just for your laughter!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jordan, I sent the track all our winners from Nitro Jam yesterday,lets see how long it takes them to put them up. Also sent 20 or so pics from the sights of Nitro jam too. I won't be there this weekend cause of work but I'll bring you a disc with all your pics from that weekend on them the following week. Trub

Posts: 23 | Location: pittsburgh pa. | Registered: December 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
sweet bill!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
What do these three things have in common?

Inventing a perpetual motion machine, going faster that the speed of light, updating the points on the website.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
What do these three things have in common?

Inventing a perpetual motion machine, going faster that the speed of light, updating the points on the website.

... three things that have never been in my kitchen???

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post