DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about it Lou, and someone else deserves some blame too...

Christine, where's the anti rain dance???

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Allison and Russ!!! Glad everyone is doing OK.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congtartulations to Allison and Russ and Welcome to the world, Nathan!! I guess Russ will be building a new Jr Dragster soon....

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
censoreding rain!!!! I have to admit i was sitting there thinking before the rain came last night, man why dont they wet down that moto cross track and keep all the dust out of my motor!! That was terrible.. I hope there are no more moto x events during a race... thats gonna kill you guys.. sorry just my opinion.

They do wet down the moto cross, unfortunatly the pump broke on the watering truck and they were not able to do that last night. There were some valiant efforts to get it fixed but it didn't work. There is nobody more frustrated than I because with all the construction going on it is a constant battle to keep the track clean. Bobby O and I have spent countless hours on the scrubber with the entire track being scrubbed once, to the eighth once and from the burnout box to 150 feet out 3 times. It's a shame that when something that isn't good happens we can only focus on that rather than the good things that happen like the continuing improvements such as the burnout box with new paving in several locations, the LED scoreboards, LED spotboxes and so on and so on. But the biggest thing was the addressing of the time and mph differance between the lanes. Hours were spent making sure all the infareds were lined up and at the proper height including the rollout. Also the addittion of a gamblers race that wasn't there just so everyone could race if they so desired. It was a shame the rain had to ruin it but that has been the story so far for most tracks. Also Michael did pull the plug on the motocross for the night when he saw what was going on. Lets hope we get some decent weather and maybe some racing will make things all better. Praying Smile

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Like i said...just my opinion

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Keith how high are the beams that start the mph clocks at top end? Especially left lane.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats great news to hear that the timing differences between lanes is being addressed. Maybe with the rollout being adjusted I wont have to bump in Praying

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
saw PRP on CBS Around 9pm Advertising the Nitro Jam Event, Very Cool Car

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
Thats great news to hear that the timing differences between lanes is being addressed. Maybe with the rollout being adjusted I wont have to bump in Praying

Man I sure hope so...maybe my move to tires so short I might as well run it on bare rims was a bad move? LOL I know that the delay box folks disagree and I know that is the true test, but man I swear something changed late last year, I had to hit the tree EXTREMELY hard to be 40 it felt like.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree Mark, I actually thought about running very short tires also but wanted to try a few other things first. Maybe I wont have to now Praying. I can't say that PRP's roll out is not correct, but I can promise you its the only place I have to bump out of the few tracks I go to to be better then 050.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
Is it wrong to pray for an extended drought?

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
Keith how high are the beams that start the mph clocks at top end? Especially left lane.

They are betweem 5 to 6 inches which is exactly what there supposed to be. No differance between the lanes, there both the same. Rick and Jamie did one h*ll of a job getting them lined up and to the correct height.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:

They are betweem 5 to 6 inches which is exactly what there supposed to be. No differance between the lanes, there both the same. Rick and Jamie did one h*ll of a job getting them lined up and to the correct height.

Thanks for info Keith.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone know if it is 1/8th or 1/4 racing at the nitro jam?

also does anyone know the entry into the gamblers race. i thought i saw posted it was $20 but cant find it.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
does anyone know if it is 1/8th or 1/4 racing at the nitro jam?

also does anyone know the entry into the gamblers race. i thought i saw posted it was $20 but cant find it.

1/4 mile, $20 to the best of my knowledge.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks keith, i have had some beaver racers ask becaust they want to come up for friday and sat.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In other news, Texas is having an “exceptional” drought so far this year!

http://www.weather.com/outlook...nal-south_2011-05-12

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can build an aqueduct from Missippi to Texas to drain some of the water. big idea lol

Does anyone know how PRP is running the SSS? Is it going to be the class winners or are they doing the best of 30 rounds?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mikey,

I have never heard of any changes to the SSS. I know that we are one of the few tracks left using the PR. Almost all tracks are taking the champion from their classes now which presents a problem with MOD and Street. In my opinion it is much easier to have a better percentage in street than in Mod. For example last year at the Beaver a street car was taken because he had a higher point total than the Mod champion. Is that the best racer or the highest points total?

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't think it matters... whoever goes for No Box from PRP will be a good racer. I think the only time a Street class racer won the No Box percentage rating was Scotty? I think all others have come from Mod, if I recall correctly?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post