DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no extra races at prp,but they are racing friday and saturday at qcr!! Tongue

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom,
No, it's just Stock, Super Stock, the 3 Super classes, T/S and T/D.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dan, you mean Rod, right?? "super" classes are that "other" sanctioning body. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
Yep, you're right. We're parked up in PRP Heights along the fence line. Bob is right behind us. Stop up and check out Hulk.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to some great racing. I've heard there are over 200 cars already. I'm guessing there will be some more tomorrow.

I'll try to make it up there Dan. I'll be somewhere around Greg and Scott, pitted by the tower, or soaking up some shade under the pavillion.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, is PRP packed! Fantastic turnout, and they were still coming in last night. You should really come up and check it out, awesome cars in every class.

Congrats to Jason Weaver and Josh Rietscha, both making it to the semis in Top Dragster. I get the feeling some trophies are staying here this weekend.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not so good today.....my .009 and .018 to the good lost to a .013 and dead on with a 7....007 his way.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Great Job Tony. No doubt its just a question of when, but you will be taking an Iron-man home.
Obviously.....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Tony, going to the semis, we were pulling hard for you.

The Gigantic Head Nicole even took it easy on you when he was announcing... except for your bye run, he said something like "that's the only way you keep it off the rails." That was uncalled for.

Congrats to Michael Barnyk for bringing home the Iron Man in the junior dragster master class.

Lots of great racing to come tomorrow, with a win and you're in trip to Rockingham on the line in each class.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Charlie my friend, I don't know what broadcast you where listening to. I tore him a new one. It was bad...probably one of the worst lashings I've given him.
And when he has the bye run I said that everyone else must have gotten one already. Also when I called for dollar dogs at the cafe, I annouced you better get them before they sell out.....or before Tony Fagnilli gets there. I rule

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Congrats to Michael Barnyk for bringing home the Iron Man in the junior dragster master class.

Awesome job, Michael! Congrats! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Way to go Michael!!!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good job Jason, Josh and Tony! Also, congrats to Mikey Barnyk for a job well done! I went to QCR yesterday and would like to congrats to Frank "Freight Train" Romeo for making the Super Pro Final! I broke the transmission in my car and didn't get to see it, but it sounds like Frank was on a mission. Good job Big Grin

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I had a blast. Everyone was telling me how much Nick was ripping on me. They said it was pretty funny. He told me later that he actually started to feel bad for me because he remembered that my mom was there. Nick, thanks for making my poor old mother cry.

Congrats to everyone else who did well.

Mr. O, I actually already have an Iron Man. I won the 2003 World Nationals at Norwalk in Top Sportsman. MOV was .0005.(I know, I know, I just had to throw that tid bit in there).

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
well then how about book ends?
Looked 4 U 2day but I C U pulled out. very hot weekend. We were pitted next to the Teets from Va. What a great family of racers. Hope everyone got thru the heat without any health issues.
Obviously.....

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Mr. O, I actually already have an Iron Man. I won the 2003 World Nationals at Norwalk in Top Sportsman. MOV was .0005.(I know, I know, I just had to throw that tid bit in there).

If I recall the quote from Drag Review correctly, since that race fell on your wedding anniversary, you said "I hope my wife wanted an Iron Man, because that's what she's getting."

Though that may have been a double entendre. Big Grin

Rob, did the starter quit? That was a bummer.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
No actually we were into tire spin quite a bit. even on Friday when we ran the 4.35. but that was the best evening for bite as our 60 ft's were .978
We pulled out some timing for the heat on Sunday and went into dead hook then tire shake. We checked everything but must have missed the coil wire. It had vibrated loose from the tire shake and after the long burn out it disconnected when Kevin applied the brakes.
Disappointing but we move on.
Obviously...
Very nice turn out and the T/S and T/D racers on our side were a great bunch of Family racers.
2 bad about the accident in the shutdwn area. Both nice cars and both suffered heavy damage.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Who crashed and do you know how it happened?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
In Super Rod, Steve Furr's first gen Camaro, into a mid '90s Cutlass, up top end. I did not see it, only know what I heard second-third-fourth etc hand, that one turned in front of the other. The cars need work, but both drivers are apparently fine. Furr was in T/D for his lap shortly after.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony,
As Chuck mentioned, it was Steve Furr. Steve was in the left lane and it looked like he was going all the way to the end of the track to make his left turn. It looks like the Olds in the right lane wanted to take the early return road and came across in front of Steve or hit his door and into the guard rails Steve went.
Thank goodness they're both ok.