DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got my text saying that they are open today. I love the text and email update.

I give PRP credit for doing everything possible to open today. Its going a long way the a lot of racers (customers) to see the effort put forward. With the weather we get around here I hate to see a beautiful day wasted. They are already calling for rain 9 out of the next 10 days. I think it will be a great turn out and race day today.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wayne, PM backatcha.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh quarter mile therapy!! Back in my happy place! Woo hoo!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Wayne, PM backatcha.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh quarter mile therapy!! Back in my happy place! Woo hoo!!

Now Chuck, keep your hands above your shoulders and even if your in your happy place,leave your happy sock alone!!! Big Grin Tongue Rolling

It was a tremendous effort by all involved to get the track open. We had some things go wrong in the morning and we even had things go wrong during the day but we got thru it. A huge thank you goes out to Bill Turk for helping us out with the scoreboards. He is a true professional and gentleman. Yes I did say that!!! We had a brand new crew and they did great. We will continue to tweak until we get where we want. The cafe was on top of it with the food being great as always.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What a great day for PRP. I give them alot of credit for the decisions they made yesterday starting with the one to run. Obvisouly, it proved to be the right one. The fact that they ran as long as they could, even turning the lights on to give there customers/racers as much as possible. They started very very close to 1 o'clock even though people were still pouring in the gates which was great. Yes I saw some hiccups along the way mainly early which they seemed to fix smoothly and Im sure will continue to work on. By going the extra mile and doing those thing alot of the other wbesites I frequent where people have nothing nice to say about PRP had all good things to say and that they had a great day. The good far out weighed the few hiccups yesterday and it shows with what people have to say about PRP.

Keith Im just hoping that the track is still green because the traction was slim to none. Unless you had a car that hooked on anything you spun. Im hoping once we actually have rubber on the track it will hook.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Monday May 2nd High Octane Racetalk kicks off its sixth season on COOL 101.7 FM. The show airs from 6-8 PM every Monday thru September 19th except Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Labor Day. We cover the local racing scene for western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio. I plan on covering drag racing starting after the seven o’clock break, but we work without a script so who knows.

You can listen online at: Cool1017online.com
The call in line is: 814-333-9011

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Fun day at prp...
4 Passes in order reaction times Smile
.014**.020**.004**.012

IN car TT1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyj8xabIZA
rd 1 gambler, this if for u eric, gettin alil loose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-DCfqE8s-Y
i asked starter how do i know my dial in is right because right side spot box and scoreboard both did not display my dial in, turned around and he was staged, had to rush in before auto start bit me...

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think it was just a green track mike.
i couldnt hook any of my passes. it will come around once they get more cars down the track and a little warmer weather.

for an opening day, i thought things ran pretty good at the track. the track is looking pretty awesome too with the new burnout box and moving the fence up closer to the track on the tower side down track.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah Jeff, the reason is pretty much when the track is scraped and there is no rubber on it. The prep is always good at prp but to my car it doesn't care how much you prep it, it needs rubber down. I have been to alot of tracks from Norwalk to nonsanctioned hole in the walls that only prep once before they open and only have issues at prp when they take all the rubber of the track. The cars with street tires dont help either when they spin and leave bald spots. I thought as the day went it would get better but my worst spin was 3rd round in the gamblers right before they had to shutdown. I just hope the track gets some rubber on it for the first day of points or Ill have to hold a tenth Wink

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
hopefully they get a lot of cars there thursday
i threw a number on the car first round, was 006 and lifted like 100' before the finish and still ran a 9.88,
my worst times there are when they scrape the track too. but its still early yet. i know keith will get it right.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick just a little safety thing I saw in your video, helmet not strapped and seat belt was way loose. Stop and think what could happen in a crash whether it be your car crashing or your car being collected in someone elses crash. I would hate to see something happen to you when it could be prevented easily.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
usually strap the helmet was too excited.also it doesnt fit right and am saving up money for a new one, hope to have it soon, and the seat belt was tight most of the rest of the day but first time run it was stuck as u can see im messing with it, i couldnt get it free so i ran it loose... i get what your saying though thanks for the concern.
also hoping for a roll bar for next season which will mean some REAL belts in there.

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that Nick and I did see you mess with the belt while being overly excited and I know how that happens after a long winter. Wink Just remember it is better to have the track mad at you for holding up their program because you were making sure things are right than having an accident and ending up 6' under because you didn't take the time to be safe.
Of course if this rain don't go away you may have to add life jackets to your safety equipment! Rolling

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What a great day on opening day! Yes there were glitches and several hold ups. You cant expect everything to be perfect on the first day or any day for that matter. Everything went great in my opinion. Mikey, I think that the track will definately come around in the next couple days, I was having alot of traction problems after the 1/8 mile in the dragster but that can be expected on a green track. Not sure if anyone noticed but I talked to several people that were experiencing major lane differences including myself. I know in the past I never saw a major lane difference at PRP. Maybe something that should be looked into. All in all a great race day, 270 plus cars show up for racing with 4.00 a gallon gas, can't complain there. Read or Dead, keep the videos coming I love watching that stuff!

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Yep was a great day. Think my best pass ended up the first pass with second quickest 1/8 ET for car. I did get to play with tire pressure and launch rpm. A .5psi does wonders. Ended day leaving at 6700rpm Big Grin

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I normally skip the first day of the year, but thought we better get a day in if we can. Well I'm sure glad we made it.
It was great to see the good turn out.

There was alot of new faces there but over all I thought the day went very well.

I thought there was a problem with the score boards, when my son Mark left on his first pass of the year, and no numbers were there, I kind of turned away shaking my head Hum
.....till Jeff told be he heard he went .0006

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend for the first day of points racing.
i know that im getting so tired of this rain.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so is prp racing sat??is it reg day also?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Nice article in our local paper about Pittsburgh Raceway Park. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...spatch/s_735448.html

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
bill, as far as i know prp is racing tomorrow. first day of points racing in all classes.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yes, Bill, we are racing, first points day. Schedule info is on the link:
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/schedule

The text service we keep talking about is excellent, I highly suggest signing up for it. It's on the PRP main page.

Man, I hope that rain holds off tomorrow.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post