DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I was'nt meaning anything personnal I was meaning I seen alot of guys over the years do the same thing or drive around without the hood pins and disaster happens. hood blows off very easy cracks, breaks, chips, scratches or more damage. Car looks good, but if it was mine and something like that happened to me after a nice peint job I would be very upset.

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Chuckles ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i know rich,
i would be upset too.

if its real windy out, i dont even take it off.
the hood actually isnt that light lol but i do understand where you were coming from.

happy birthday chuck, hope you had a good one.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Chuck

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
I visited with Gumby yesterday @ Forbes hosp. He is doing better, still in pain from his ribs,mostly. Has a long road ahead of him in rehab. He is walking with a walker several times a day. He is not alowed to put any weight on his right leg yet. His wife, Rhonda, is @ Westmoreland Hosp for surgery, then back to Health South Rehab after that. He would like to hear from everyone.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys.

Mike, can you post up info please? Is that Forbes in Monroeville? Room number, visiting hours? Thank you for the update.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
happy birthday ya old schmuck

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Gumby is in room 7070 @ Forbes in Monroeville.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There will be some changes this year to both of the radio shows I am involved with. The 28th season (my 23rd) of Rappin’ on Racin’ begins Monday April 4th It will be the shows first season as an internet only broadcast. The show will expand from two hours to three. I have had to tape my reports for the show since 2006 because that year I started as co-host of High Octane Racetalk on Cool 101.7 FM in Meadville. Both shows have been broadcast on Monday nights from 6-8 PM. With the extra hour of Rappin’ on Racin’ I can now do a live report. And thanks to some local racers who have agreed to advertise on the show we will expand the drag racing coverage to a half hour per show (actually 24 minutes of air time).

I am in the process of putting together a similar package for High Octane Racetalk. I have secured a sponsor so that show, like Rappin’ on Racin’, can be carried on MSA Sports Network. That way people can listen to the show anywhere and the shows will be archived so they can be accessed at anytime. I still need to sell a couple ads to expand the drag racing coverage on that show.

The focus of the reports will be the local tracks; Pittsburgh Raceway Park, Quaker City Motorsports Park and Thompson Raceway Park; the Pro Mod/Outlaw Dragster races at those tracks; local drivers who run ADRL; locals who chase points on the NHRA or IHRA circuit; the Renegade Racing Association that runs at Thompson; the area Stock/Super Stock racers and anything else that races on drag strips.

I am going to need a lot of information to fill all that time. This is your invitation to promote yourself and your sport. Call me or e-mail me and tell me what you are up to. I know a bunch of you go to Bristol for the Footbrake Championship. Before you go someone needs to let me know who is going and I want to know how you did. If you get a new sponsor, let me know. We will have several interview slots to fill and they can give you a chance to promote your sponsors. I have one two hour show and a 30 minute segment on another show to do every week. I can’t be at all the tracks every week to keep on top of what is happening. This extra time can be a valuable tool for the drag racers in this area. Please help me take advantage of it.
Cell 412-716-1252
E-mail: tomlang57@comcast.net

And lest you think I’m some kind of potato head because I didn’t name the sponsors, I have a couple details to square up and then I will write an actual press release with the names of the sponsors, links to the websites, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Lang,

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
tomlang57@comcast.net

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Washington township swap meet next weekend!

http://home.comcast.net/~washi...win.htm#auto%20parts

7 AM until 4 PM

Spring Swap Meet- March 27, 2011

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Mr. Potato Head,
Congratulations on the additional air time! Keep up the nice work.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear your air time was expanded. Looking forward to your broadcasts.
Obviously

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
she is ready to go!
digatron jr data recorder is all hooked up so i can record and monitor the EGT, chute is on, interior is cleaned and car is waxed.
hopefully there is no R words or S words in the forecast for april 2-3 so i can get her dialed in at beaver. then to PRP for opening day.
here is a close up of the paint in the sun. that metallic just sparkles in the sun.

doesnt she have a sweet butt :mrgreen:

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Lookin' good Jeff.. Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Eric, check your PM's please.

Thanks

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Condolences go out to the Barnett family. Barry's grandmother, his dad Barney's mother, passed away yesterday.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
RIP.. Frown

Mark PM sent.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Barry, Beth and I send our most sincere condolences.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post