DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
damn, i guess the track isn't uploading to 1320go.com this weekend... was out yesterday too...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry I couldn't make it to the track yesterday, we had a medical emergency with an elderly neighbor I look after.
The show's website has added an upload feature so you can upload your videos directly to the website: http://openthrottle360.com/

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
Smile tom have they thanked you for the lack of rain yet? hope they get the whole show in. Laughing I guess we're goint to next friday to start to get ready for next .going to have to run some 60s

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
Oil Down! Fire! Other Mishaps!???

Yet we claim 1/4mile NO PROBLEMS!? Hum

What 1/2 the track where these MISHAPS? My $$ is on the top 1/2.

On that note glad to here things went well. Who was the winners?

The honest truth is they all happened right from the start. The fire was on the line from a back fire which was minor, the oil down was a dragster right from the start and the other mishaps weren't really specific just small things causing delays. You are right though that the longer the race the great risk for failures but it is a scheduled 1/4 mile race. I'm not going to go to the classic and ask them to run the 330 because statistics show you will have less oil downs and it is safer to only run to the 330.

If we are so concerned with the speeds that bracket cars are now running why not put a cap on ET rather then shortening the race similar to jr dragsters?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
quote:
Originally posted by top comp:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
My point was that one is probably statistically close to being likely to get in a wreck driving on public roads during the week than they are to be in a wreck running at a drag strip.
you're probley right, just remember that somebody has to be the statistic at the track Rulez

and it sometimes only takes one fatality at a track to close a track (in the least, their insurance rates will skyrocket, and that gets passed down to the racers)... not to mention an incredible amount of bad publicity... public roads aren't shut down when there's a fatality, few other than the family's involved, hardly even remember it the next week
Name me ONE drag strip that was closed in the last two decades due to a fatality? Thompson had a fatality this year correct… Did they shut down or up their entrance fees?

I passed a multi-fatality crash coming home from T&T last month going east on 22 at the top of Penn View Mountain. The road was closed for at least an hour while the helicopters came in. I remember the event but obviously have no idea who was actually involved.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
this is my last post on this ,you guys need to get a grip on realatiy.things happen all the time -in the first half and in the second half as well as the shut down.maybe not today or tomorow but it will happen,hopefully it will not be to you or one of your freinds,your I'm right and your wrong aditude sucks(I'm not pointing the finger at just one of you)because it broke today on the starting line,you try to make it sound like nothing will ever happen. like said before,I have lost freinds to this sport.I is a very dangerous sport.and it should be taken that way.I don't know anybody that has crashed before 400 feet that got hurt bad,but I do know a few that did it after 660 ft that never made it home.Is your car safe,is the car you're racing against safe,is there oil or water on the track? things happen and they happen quick.when I crashed it was on the finish line at 160(water on the track)3weeks in the hospital with major burns and more broken bones that I though I had. if you want to race 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile it's your choice.just make sure the cards are in your favor and not the other way.because sombody is waiting for you to come home This thread is dead

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly: Name me ONE drag strip that was closed in the last two decades due to a fatality? Thompson had a fatality this year correct… Did they shut down or up their entrance fees?

I passed a multi-fatality crash coming home from T&T last month going east on 22 at the top of Penn View Mountain. The road was closed for at least an hour while the helicopters came in. I remember the event but obviously have no idea who was actually involved.

um, i think Thunderbird Dragway in Michigan, in 2008... driver died, track then came under scrutiny as to possible unsafe conditions, track was closed... don't know if it has reopened since... Insurance carriers will allow a track to stay open after a fatality, but depending on the cause of death, if the track is at fault, i'm sure the insurance carrier will demand changes to the track... and i'm sure many small tracks have a hard time even breaking even, much less being forced to make upgrades due to a fatality... a death will bring scrutiny by both insurance companies, law enforcement, and the local residents and politicians as well who may not be fans of their local track to start out with, just looking for another excuse in their own personal arsenal to close a track...

Richard Moore RIP, the racer who died at Thompson this year, though i have no inside information as to how that affected the track, so i can't say if anything has changed... i do know that if any lawsuits occur, it could take up to two years to file... it was very recent... i'm sure that more than a few racers no longer race there due to the fear of what happened to Mr. Moore, some racers don't care, some care but take the risk anyway, some won't race at a track for whatever specific reasons that they may consider a track as unsafe... but racers are money to the track.. if only say, 5% don't show up, that may only be figured as a 5% loss of income to the track, which may or may not be a problem... i've never owned a track, but i'm sure every penny counts

i can't imagine any track would take a death lightly from a business perspective... it's definitely not good for business, something you want to avoid at all costs (excuse the unintended pun)

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
Sorry I couldn't make it to the track yesterday, we had a medical emergency with an elderly neighbor I look after.
The show's website has added an upload feature so you can upload your videos directly to the website: http://openthrottle360.com/

hope your neighbor is ok!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
um, i think Thunderbird Dragway in Michigan, in 2008... driver died, track then came under scrutiny as to possible unsafe conditions, track was closed... don't know if it has reopened since... Insurance carriers will allow a track to stay open after a fatality, but depending on the cause of death, if the track is at fault, i'm sure the insurance carrier will demand changes to the track... and i'm sure many small tracks have a hard time even breaking even, much less being forced to make upgrades due to a fatality... a death will bring scrutiny by both insurance companies, law enforcement, and the local residents and politicians as well who may not be fans of their local track to start out with, just looking for another excuse in their own personal arsenal to close a track...
Thunderbird closed because of why most other tracks close. The owner got tired of running it. The accident was just an excuse. There were no financial reasons such as lower car count or higher insurance fees that forced it to close.

Everyone from Thompson is blaming the guard rails as the cause. I doubt if the insurance is going to come in and force them to put up Jersey Barriers.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i like to send my best wishes out to bill prest and good luck with the doctors app. hope everything is ok

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
what happened to bp??

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a delay box I could borrow for a few weeks? The smaller the better Ice Cream

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
not going to get into his personal business i know he was in a lot of pain and hopefully will be back on his feet soon

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
anal raping again?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Best wishes Bill. Hang in there. Razz

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i cant even watch tennis without them hurting! crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That's just nuts bill. Saw your fb post. What a d!ck move that was.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
At least there is now confirmation that you have some....some of your racing has left doubts Rolling Busted Laughing

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...WLhx1WA&feature=plcp

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I ran out of paint..........lol

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post