DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, now to see if i can get a few win stickers on it this year Wink

ed, i would def have it balanced.

i know when i built ryans first 8.90 motor, i built a 3 x stock stroke blockzilla and had it balanced due to the size of the piston.that little thing took 3 pieces of heavy metal on the crank to balance it. it shifted at 9200 and crossed the finish at just over 9000. when we sold it with his first car, he already had 237 passes on it that year and the family that bought it ran it for another 2 months after that., i freshened it for them that winter and it still looked like it did when i first put it together.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey jeff car looks good! why did ryan quit racing the dragster? little dude was doing pretty good i thought!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
matt, he was doing pretty good. but at the time IHRA required both parents signatures on the license app. his mom,( my ex) decided that she wasnt gonna sign off on him racing. so i asked him what he wanted to do and he said sell the car and get something he can drive when he turns 16. then the camaro offer came up so i asked him what he wanted to do. he just looked at me and went DUHHHHHHH lol
then last july when i got his license renewal from ihra, now they dont require both signatures to run. they actually had it printed on the back of the renewal app.
so when he turns 16 in 2 years, he will be taking over the driving duties in the camaro. and ill be his crew chief again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
With this forecast, we may be racing arks to start the season.
Banging Head

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
With this forecast, we may be racing arks to start the season.
Banging Head

Chuck wtf its way too early to start talking about evil R word. No No

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If I don't get my rear in gear, literally and figuratively, I'll need that stuff!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mark and Beth!!

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to my first year running points at PRP.. Car

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeffrey you have a PM.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes....way to early to discuss the "R" word. Anyone know of a good place to get nitrous bottles filled? Preferrably near the West Deer area. Also, I'm selling my Edelbrock Performer RPM Airgap intake. It's for a BBC with rectangular heads. It's never been ported. 175 dollars takes it.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
keep hearing rumors of a big $$$ 8th mile race this year at prp..any truth to it?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
Yes....way to early to discuss the "R" word. Anyone know of a good place to get nitrous bottles filled? Preferrably near the West Deer area. Also, I'm selling my Edelbrock Performer RPM Airgap intake. It's for a BBC with rectangular heads. It's never been ported. 175 dollars takes it.

I believe Pro Auto Center in Plum fills bottles. Bill Huwe and John Mac from the Our Gang car.(724) 327-4068 ‎

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
pm sent joey

just got home from picking the car up. loaded it yesterday and covered it , then left this morning at 8 am for home. i hate the R word but hate the S work a whole lot more. woke up to leave and there was like a 1/2" of sleet/snow/ice on the car cover.
uncovered it and headed home. got on the pike and there was 1 single car wreck, a big rig wrecked on the west bound lanes then up the road a little more there was a 4 car wreck.
once i hit prp, it was pretty much rain the rest of the way.
but she is home safe and wiped wry and covered back up.
also first time for the e85 carb too.
hooked the lines up, filled the cell with e85, got the new carb filled and she fired right up
def on the lean side at idle, but got it on the trailer Razz
but the QF 1050 e85 carb fired right out of the box

DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
All that and no pic's. Jeffrey,Jeffery Jeffery. No No No No No No

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
when its snow, sleet and rain, i just wanted to get home.
trust me, this weekend im gonna wash and wax it and will have some good pics of it Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bill...... as per the PRINTED schedule it is not on there, I could be wrong but really dont see a big money race working at Pittsburgh, they tried and tried but majority of locals dont support anything but points and you cant get enough out of towners. Between $4/gal gas, $5/gal deisel, $100 in pa tolls, family fee's, food for weekend, race fuel and would have to be more than the $119 weekend entry at Summit. Not many are going to be able to afford a $750- $1000 weekend. If it happens and is a Gauranted purse light car count makes a nice weekend for who shows up. If it is any time from May thru August local points guys lose a printed points day.

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
keep hearing rumors of a big $$$ 8th mile race this year at prp..any truth to it?

Check out PRP for new update on big dollar race

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The PRP site gives the dates as Sept 16-18, 3 - THREE - $10k to win races, 1 each on Fri, Sat, and Sun, all presented by the Silver Mine Coin & Collectible Shop! Details to follow.

Thanks Larry Seranari at the Silver Mine!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
AWESOME NEWS!! Can't wait to see the payback and entry info!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post