DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Barry and his family from Amber and I.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Scotty, Rich, a few others and I went to mason dixon over the weekend. I was there mainly to get some runs on the new engine. First pass was the slowest 10.82@122.85 the rest were all around 10.78@122.95. Here is a video of the second pass. Im happy with the result and it still has a little left in it. I was short shifting and it has some heavy oil in it plus a few other things. I was thinking it might be slightly slower with the extra 100lbs from the block but it looks like it may be about the same to a few hundreths faster then it was when back at PRP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LhLO_QpW0

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Our condolenses to barry and his family on there loss our prayers are with you

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the Barnett's. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
Condolences barry from ryan and i.

mikey, the car looks and sounds great.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Barry and his family.

Mikey the car looks great!!

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Prayers and thought to Barry and family.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Tornado Alley!

I hope everyone had all their rides under roof today - my poor truck looks like a bad case of acne and my hot tub cover is shredded. Gotta love Mother Nature! I feel sorry for all the Insurance Agents out there.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the condolences and prayers.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is okay and their homes are in tacked. If anyone needs any help, let me know. I'm here for ya!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for people affected by the storms,hopefully all out racer familys are ok

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone made it through the storms ok too. Some scary stuff out there.

In case you haven't heard, PRP is pushing opening day back 1 week, to April 16, to get everything done and ready. Here's the pic from the homepage about the changes to the burnout boxes:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
more pics from prp s website on the water boxes

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jim Laurita has run some of the Pro Mod races at PRP. This was his boomer from last night at ADRL Houston.

Laurita

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
It was nice seeing the big turn out of people today at the racers meeting Wave and it sure sounds like there is a potential to be a great year.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was nice, Steve, but that wind was a bear. I think Laurita would have gladly sent us his fire.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
[quote]It was nice, Steve, but that wind was a bear. quote]

Hum....from a person from in the frozen north, I thought it was pretty nice.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Joes, Jr or Sr, or both, did someone local buy the car? It would be cool to see it at PRP again.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
yeah chuck somewhat local, punxsy - dubois area. from talking to him looks like they will be running in modified, there putting in a fast motor. they told me they plan on running it a PRP on and off. yeah whenever we watched it leave, i told dad that was a fun car i enjoyed Car. it did me good and hope the new car will also after some seat time...

Off topic also if anyone is interested i have a set of TOYO 32x14.5x15 Drag Slicks, Part No. 370300. I bought 2-pair of these brand new and was going to keep these as a spare but have decided to sell. They are stamped marked 08 which I am taking as the year also in wrote on them is 98 which I would assume is the rollout, but you should verify. PM me if your interested.

The racer's meeting got the fox's pretty excited for this season! Hope to see everyone soon!! Smile

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here’s a little bedtime story to help (bore) you to sleep. I have kept every one of my notebooks since 1990. I was looking through them for a certain piece of information when I came across an entry from June 9, 1996. There were notes from a conversation with Bob Whalen about some happenings at Fairmont Dragway. This is a direct transcription; Lori in 3rd place-1 round (10 pts) out of first Kimberly 2 straight wins lost to AJ in RD1 in second place to AJ
Obviously Lori is Bob’s wife and Kimberly their daughter, but I actually wondered to myself, who is AJ? The next entry is a hand written script for a live report from the Springnationals at Columbus for the radio show. After a few minutes of news about the Springs I had two paragraphs of results from Fairmont. Another direct transcription; AJ Casini avenged two straight final round losses to Kimberly Whalen. He took the points lead from Kimberly when he beat his sister Michelle in the Jr Dragster final.
I guess after all these years of seeing AJ, all six foot twelve of him, in that orange car, it’s kinda hard to picture him in a junior dragster. I think I remember that dragster; the cage was so tall it looked like a double-decker bus.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post