DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, that's an awesome trip back in time! I was 2 months away from buying the Cutlass at that point, and was only an occasional visitor to Keystone when buddies would go to test and tune.

Still think that Bob W should make the Camaro street legal and come play with us. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, looks like you might get to try your new slicks out before I do, let me know how they work. Car

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is prp going to be using cross talk this year???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
is prp going to be using cross talk this year???

What do you think? Were you around when they tried it when it was introduced? WOW... Would have sworn it was rocket science. But then again so is pulling random lanes...too difficult.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

Laughing Laughing

You are on a roll, Mark! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I do my best Chuck...lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Hey Chuck, looks like you might get to try your new slicks out before I do, let me know how they work. Car

Depends on things go, Wayne. I may finish off the Hoosiers that are still mounted on the wheels first.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom thats cool. I remember those days and long nights at Fairmont running the Jr dragsters. I had a blast. I remember that year very well as Kimmy and I fought over the points lead all season.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I had to think about who AJ was. Foyt? Almendinger?
I also found several pages of notes from interviews with the Bowman brothers in preparation for a story in Racing's almost Perfect Magaine. I'll have to look around in the attic and find that issue.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Hyde
posted Hide Post
yo yo prest 911 why do you ask?

Posts: 15 | Location: Torrance, PA | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big Congrats to Gregg Dahl for for RE setting the record in the American Motorcycle Racing Association's Outlaw Street class last weekend at Beech Bend. Greg put his Street Harley into the winners circle as well as running 8.729 to break his own record of 9.09 set at the last event of 2010.

Gregg also set the 1/8th mile ET and Speed record with a 5.620@127.67

Again, congrats to Gregg Dahl for your knockout performance.

(photo of Gregg at PRP)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Gover,

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's almost as fast as you, Gover but without the power adders! Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Gregg!! not worthy not worthy

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows he has a Nitrous bottle in his helmet. Just a matter of time till they find it.
Obviously !

nice job .......

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nah, everyone knows that vehicle’s built with Imperial units are 2 tenths faster to begin with!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Tom Lang, I haven't forgotten about calling you. I'm going to Beech Bend this weekend, I'll call you monday.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
Here’s a little bedtime story to help (bore) you to sleep...

Wow, Tom -- talk about taking me back on that one! Like AJ, I remember that season very well. I believe that was the same year that my engine decided to blow up during time trials on the last points day... Banging Head

Those were good days, though... we all had a lot of fun down there in Fairmont! Thanks for recalling the memories, Tom! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The 28th season of Rappin’ on Racin’ kicks off Monday April 4th at 6 pm. My drag racing report, The Straight Line Scoop will air from 7:45 to 8 pm. This week’s report will touch on some of the many changes at PRP and Quaker City for this season, a preview of the local Pro Mod/Outlaw Dragster races and a look at some of the local teams chasing the ADRL and NHRA tours. The shows are archived on MSA Sports network so they can be accessed at anytime. Click on the link for the Rappin’ on Racin’ website.

http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i see some of prps key employees are working at qcmp this year!!! Eekwow.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i seen 1 or 2 that i recognized the face but i dont know many employees that was there but i did see a number of prp racers also. owners might be 2nd guessing leaving core people leave.

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post