DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Cause you're a tard

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
heheheheh..i tarded itarded.cuz tony say so lol..are you bringing your shiot to the track this wknd???i need a parkin spot?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bill, that slipped out. I'm gonna need a spot too if it keeps raining

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony,
How many laps is saturdays race? I still cant get the car to turn.

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
it may not turn but i bet it runs better with proper air gap!!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
when does traffic start to die down on 22east???

Photobucket

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Never.....I go around it when I can, its not that hard, and saves some time when traffic is bad. I drive home from Harmarville every morning around 9:30 on 22 east and its usually not that bad, in the afternoon its horrible though. I can explain how to go around it if you want to know?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i was thinking about running down to rt 30 then catching 66 to 22

Photobucket

<Mark Romeo>
posted
I think that would take longer. What I would do is, get off at 22 like normal. Go past the Sheetz in Murrysville to the next light, then make a left. Go to the first light/stop sign can't remember what it is and make a right. This road will take you out through Export and white valley and you will end up on 66 in Delmont. When you get to 66 you make a fight and go about 3 miles and hit 22 and come the rest of the way to the track. That way will get you around all of the construction in the Murrysville/Delmont area.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark and Bill,
The name of the road to turn onto is Old William Penn Highway. And Bill, don't do what Mark says and make a "fight", make a right. You sure don't want to spend time in the pokey in Delmont.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
triple what is the payout the 4th?
AJ

The info was released yesterday:

Dragway 42 Independence Day Ironman Challenge
Presented by Drag Review Magazine

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Gates open at 10 AM - Eliminations at 4 PM

============================================

Box Class - $1,000 + IHRA Ironman to Win / $300 to Runner-up
$10 round money beginning with racer's 2nd round win
$25 Car/Driver Entry - 1st round buyback $20

No Box Class - $1,000 + IHRA Ironman to Win / $300 to Runner-up
$10 round money beginning with racer's 2nd round win
$25 Car/Driver Entry - 1st round buyback $20

Street Trophy Class - IHRA Ironman Win / 2' Trophy Runner-up
$15 Car/Driver Entry - 1st round buyback $10
Win 2 rounds - get a trophy!

Jr. Dragster Combo Class - IHRA Ironman Win / 2' Trophy Runner-up
$15 Car/Driver Entry - 1st round buyback $10
Win 2 rounds - get a trophy!

Box Class: 0-7.99 - 1/8th Mile
No Box Class 0-11.99 - 1/8th Mile
Street Trophy 12.00-slower - 1/4 Mile
Junior Dragsters (8-9 year olds 12.90-slower; 10-12 year olds 8.90-slower; 13-17 year olds 7.90-slower)

$10 Spectator and crew admission - Children 14 and under admitted free

Visit www.Dragway42.com for more details

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Can someone tell me if there are any small motels around the track. Nothing real close on the Internet, I was wondering if there were some smaller ones that aren't listed online.

Thanks.

Posts: 97 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Pat,

On Route 66, off of Route 22, there is a Super 8 motel. On the other side of 66 on 22, is a Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed there, and it's pretty nice. Next to that, there is a mom and pop type motel, that I'll try to get the name of. I haven't been there, so I don't have any idea how it is. Those are the ones that pop to mind. They're about 15 minutes from the track.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Chuck is right, the small one that is right in front of the Holiday Inn Express is called Thatchers, it is super cheap but ya sorta get what you pay for on that one. I don't think they have ANY non-smoking rooms, etc. There is also the super 8. On the eastern side of the track there is another one in Blairsville, not sure of the name of it but there is a lot of construction in that direction.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hope that helps, Pat. Not sure what the 'net is showing you. PM me or Mark if we can help you figure out how far you'd be from the track. Are you coming in for the Divisional?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I'm seeing all those that you pointed out, I just didn't know if there was anything right in town (is there a town?) within 5-10 minutes of the track (smaller type places).

I'm coming out there for the Chrysler Classic in June.

Posts: 97 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
There is a town, lol. There is a Sheetz, a pizza shop, beer store, bar, and a Chevy dealership....thats about it, oh, and a hardware store. lol. There are no small hotels in town. The ones in Delmont are easily within driving distance and comparable if not shorter distance(if not miles then time) from the track then most hotels are from Norwalk.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The Delmont hotels are probably your best bet. The Holiday Inn Express gives a racer's discount too (ask for it), plus has free breakfast stuff.

Sheetz is a convenience store & gas station, they're open 24 hours, and you can order food anytime, good hoagies/subs, wraps, salads, sides. About 5 miles east of the track, there's a place called Clem's Cafe, realllllll good bbq. They're only open til 7 though.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a room booked in Greensburg, I was just hoping for another place closer....doesn't look like there are any. All the ones the website recommends are booked for that weekend.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Depending on where you are in Greensburg, you're roughly 25 minutes from the track. The good thing is there are a lot of options there for food and drink, retail, etc.