DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Spares are good, still have the 421 to do as well, right?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
YEP- I still have a lot on the grocery list for it.I hope to get everything I need asap.I'll get together with you 2 over the weekend, and thrash out what I have- and what else you guys think I might need.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark-B T W did AJ ever mention whether he uses the EOS for his cam break in?? I know thw since we've been using it-no more cam problems.I do think there is a lot to say for that stuff.I do hope he has good luck with the new cam.

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats a good point Dean.

AJ, if you read this before you start your motor again, get some GM EOS available at the closest GM dealer most likely or Crane cams break in additive.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_1...0002_751755_-1_10709

Oils nowadays don't have the right additives for cams to break in properly. I think all of the cam companies have made official announcements that their cams might not break in properly with current oils. If you already used one of these additives then disregard this post, I just wanted to give a heads up. We use EOS in all of our flat tappet cam motors and knock on wood haven't had a problem with a cam going flat yet.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark- just a quick note if you talk AJ -let him know to pre-mix the EOS in a bucket,with the 6 0r 7 qts of oil, that he needs.They say it's the best way for proper mixture of the additive.I'm gonna sign out-time for a shower- and a tall glass of wine.CUL

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

<Mark Romeo>
posted
He will see your message Dean. No need for me to say anything.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the info. I am having the crane lube sent with the new cam. I ended up having to pull the motor. The oil pump was chopped up some so I have it all dissasembled and taking the block in to have it washed and cylander walls cleaned up. Also need to get the crank polished have a little scarring on some of the main journals. So I am back to where I was in December. Oh well.

I have certainly learned alot about the new cam break in procedure. Too bad it was after the fact. Wont happen again because of oil though.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Ouch, it sounds like everyones having a hard couple of weeks on cams.
Sorry to hear about you guys problems

Mark, I hope you got it fixed, I'll try to catch you this weekend.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well I have the new cam and lifters here and block is all cleaned up and crank is polished. Got the crank back in last night and should get the motor buttoned up tonight. May make it for saturday if we get it in.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ours is all back together, new dyno billet cam and lifters, and all degreed in.
hoping its a little faster now. AJ, hope everything goes together well

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
...kind of quite on here....what's up everyone

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve, I think the racers are posting more on the forum on the PRP site. I don't see your name on the member list. There's a section for the Jr. dragsters and TCR that should be right up your alley.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah now that we have our own message board, no one seems to be posting over here. Not really a w**** lot of action on the track board either though.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm a little surprised that the other board is quiet as it is. Maybe we need to "create" some WWF type drama. Razz Nah, there's enough keyboard idiots in the world, we don't need to add to it.

That hack sucked. We lost some good threads for the new guys asking questions. Sure, they had their answers, but the threads are gone for others to see and maybe learn from.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
here is the national press release bars leaks just put out.

Rislone Engine Treatment Racing
media relations

For Immediate Release
May 2, 2007
Email: Will.Hanna@InsideTopAlcohol.com

Rislone Jr. Drag Racer Spotlight: Ryan Hann
Former 8-9 yr. old champ ready to jump into the 8.90 ranks

DUNCANSVILLE, Pa. - Defending Pittsburgh Raceway Park 8-9 yr. old Jr. Dragster Champ Ryan Hann and his Rislone Engine Treatment backed team will be making the jump into the 8.90 class for the 2007 season. The 10 yr. old driver plans to compete for the points championship at Beaver Springs Raceway along with stops at the IHRA Jr. Dragster Nationals and the Rislone All-Star DRAG NEWS Challenge at Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

Hann not only won the 8-9 yr. old Championship at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, but went on to win the track's Race of Champions. He also went to the semifinals of the Jr. Dragster Race of Champions at the Division 3 Bracket Finals.

When not wheeling his Bar's Leaks sponsored Jr. Dragster down the dragstrip, Hann has been successful in the classroom, recently receiving the A/B award in this past marking period at Claysburg-Kimmel Elementary.

"The best part is meeting all the new people that come up and talk to me at the track," said Hann. "I have made some great friends at every track we go to."

"Ryan wants to do this for a career someday," stated his father, Jeffrey. "With all the hard work he puts in, I can honestly see him doing it. He really hammers the practice tree in between rounds and it shows. I'm having more fun being his crew chief than I ever did racing myself."

"Rislone has a proud drag racing history and since we, Bar's Leaks, purchased the company last year, we have returned the company's marketing program to it's roots," commented Clayton Parks, VP of Marketing & Development for Bar's Leaks and Rislone. "We can't be more proud to have a young driver like Ryan on our team with hopes of continuing this partnership for many years."

In addition to receiving support from Rislone and Bar's Leaks, the team would like to thank Premier Rental/Purchase, Dave's Computer Service, IKON Custom Paint, NAPA - Duncansville and LONG'S Trucking.

The flagship Rislone product is Rislone Engine Treatment. America's best-selling engine treatment has been enhancing automobile engine performance for more than 85 years. Rislone Engine Treatment reduces friction & wear, quiets noisy lifters & valves, and removes & prevents sludge build-up. New Rislone products include: Rislone Compression Repair with Ring Seal, Rislone Oil Stabilizer with Engine Treatment, Rislone Transmission Stabilizer with Stop Slip and Rislone Power Steering Stabilizer with Stop Leak. Find out more at www.Rislone.com

Based in Holly, Mich., Bar's Products is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company. For more information about any Bar's Leaks or Rislone products, visit www.barsleaks.com

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah both sites are quiet. There must be a lot of wrenching going on.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ARE WE RACING JR'S SATURDAY ALSO?/?????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Nice article Jeffrey it's nice to see Rislone/ Bars Leak take pride in their racers.

I'd say you are right Mike.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats a good question Bill, I would call the track to see.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'm thinking JR's on Saturday is test n tune only? It is a test n tune day in addition to the no-box/box.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post