DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, is the thread on Yellowbullet true? Is Greg really gone? What happened? I thought he was doing a good job.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
From what I understand it is true. As I said on YB, hopefully we don't lose ground that Greg has gained. The place wasn't perfect but we were making strides in the right direction. I appreciate what Greg did in his short time in that position and HOPE that PRP can continue to build on the ground work that Greg put into place.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I agree with mark Greg was doing a great job had alot of hard decisions to make.Your never gonna make everyone happy but he did his best

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:
you would know deniker...do you even remember bracket finals?? haha

I blame Mike T. Big Grin

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Bob you only had about 8 glasses of homemade wine? What was the problem? Rolling

Posts: 181 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That homemade wine will kick you in the pants...LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i know it has only been a few weeks but does anyone have the itch already to make a pass?

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know I do Markie. I havent been down the track since GGG.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I always have the itch but Im usually ok till after the holidays. I like having some time to really look the car over and make a few needed repairs. Im gonna try and relax this winter and take my time building my engine.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm usually good until after the holidays too. The only thing I wish is that I had a shot to get my 11.9x pass in the quarter, after going 7.53-55 in the 1/8th at the Classic. But the rear end is making some noise that needs looked at, so it may be a good thing I didn't get the chance.

So, to get your minds on some competition, this is the first announcement for the 4th Annual Practice Tree Race, to be held on Saturday, January 29! Further details to come, but you can expect it to be pretty much the same as the first 3. We are hoping to be able to guarantee a $1000 to win in the "big" race, and welcome all types of sponsorship donations, cash, products, gift cards. Our sponsors are unbelievable with their generosity, and we thank them all, and encourage you to support the people who support us.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are there gonna be scoreboards again this year?

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Unknown as of yet, Markie.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Picture on PRP's website of the improvements. Looks good Car

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I'm usually good until after the holidays too. The only thing I wish is that I had a shot to get my 11.9x pass in the quarter, after going 7.53-55 in the 1/8th at the Classic.

I hear ya on that one....I went 8.02 and thought it couldn't be closer than that to a 7....that is until I made 12 more 8.0X passes with the lowest being an 8.004....still no 7 Car.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I really don't have the itch yet. I don't know if I could handle racing all year...I like having the break to regroup and start fresh.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Kiel
posted Hide Post
All I know is..Its a long time till April

Posts: 20 | Location: Portage Pa | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i need the off season to build my car Smile

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
the improvements are looking really good.
is it spring yet? Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I talked to a project engineer that designed plans for an indoor 1/8 mile drag strip and indoor Nascar track that was to be built at the old Pittsburgh International Airport. After the plans were excepted and the indoor ventilation system was ordered the guy with the money for the project died. The contracted group was the same outfit that built the Peterson Event Center. For the next few years I keep up hope that another financial group could be found but it never happened. Winter is a great time for other projects but the option to go racing 30 miles from home the second week of January would sure keep the Winter blues away.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i often said that the ideal place for an indoor drag strip was in hollidaysburg.

they have the conrail car shops just sitting there.
that place is HUGE plenty enough room for an 1/8th mile strip, shutdown, stands, parking inside, pits ect.
and already has the ventilation system in place for when they ran the trains into the shop.
gamasa used part of it for a while making the blades for the wind turbines, but now it sites empty i think.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post