DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Somethin like that mark... the plan is to be able to have enough to do somethin in the last 100 feet if need be.. I kicked around the e85 idea and I just don't think its gonna work for me

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the Jones Family,,,

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
They seemed to be tight. They were new arp head bolts though. I dont retorque head bolts either. I dont know if you guys do that or not. I have ran that gasket before with know problem.

Mike, heard of some problems with head bolts just hitting bottom of block, bottoming(sic) out, may be your problem. Wasn't all the bolts just some.

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Stuckey:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
They seemed to be tight. They were new arp head bolts though. I dont retorque head bolts either. I dont know if you guys do that or not. I have ran that gasket before with know problem.

Mike, heard of some problems with head bolts just hitting bottom of block, bottoming(sic) out, may be your problem. Wasn't all the bolts just some.

Thanks for the thought Dave, may have been the problem. I dont know but it will have studs next year for sure.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
200+ shot Markie? ...nice...

Methanol is the answer guys...keep thinking that!!! Haha

Mark, you shouldn't be sharing all your success secrets!!! Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
why don't we start a list on here of improvements at PRP for next year?
I'll start it off.
Get rid of the steel guide rails and grass between them and the strip.
NEXT ------>?
whats up with Greg Miller leaving...?

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Head13:
Somethin like that mark... the plan is to be able to have enough to do somethin in the last 100 feet if need be.. I kicked around the e85 idea and I just don't think its gonna work for me

Why dont you think it will work for you Markie? Just wondering.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
Markie. I did also get front travel limiters. I plan to do a bunch of little things so I have room to play. The wheelie bars will be there and set high but that is just so I do note hit the bumper anymore. I still want the car to hook.

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Alky seems easier to get and more consistent as far as quality when you get it. I've heard of e75 (winter blend?) and e95? Can you spray with e85? If u can, do u spray with race gas (nitrous enrichment) Haven't heard of anyone rlly using it.. there's not much price difference between the 2 as far as per gallon.. and I'm getting alittle help from a few very knowledgeable guys.. don't get me wrong aj you are really getting ahold of this whole e85 tuneup trust me I've seen your work lol.. I've been wanting to switch to alcohol for a while now and I'm finally gonna do it.. magnafuel 500 pump and a seperate 1 gallon and 140 pump with good race gas for the spray.. as far as maintenance goes I've been hearing you only have to drain n purge the system if the car sits for a while which I don't plan on letting that happen.. as far as milky oil goes we will see what happens.. I've heard a vacuum pump helps with that.. I've got my gas setup to what I think is pretty good but there's still the huge variance in et from weather changes.. I'm hoping that changes next year.. once again aj don't take me the wrong way I'm impressed with what you've done with e85 this past year.. its just alcohol has been proven time and time again to be very helpful with consistency and I guess if you can't beat em join em...

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Good points Markie, can't argue many of them. I have seen enough negatives to Methanol to know that I don't want to run it however (like the way increased consumption of fuel). You can spray on straight E-85, no need for a different enrichment fuel at least this is what I was planning on doing, and have read that folks are doing this with success. I used 2.5 barrels of E-85 this year, and it was all perfect 85%.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of tom cowle
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION RACERS

For 2011 the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION is having 2 index classes, our original 8.90 index and a new 10.50 index, and we are working on getting a new DRAG RADIAL vs. TRU-10 class started. These classes are for 'street type' cars both domestic and metric with a very basic set of rules.

We had a great 5 race series in 2010 and we are looking at a minimum of 5 races for 2011 at TRP. We had racers attend from 5 different states fill the 8.90 index 16 car fields this year. For 2011 you'll be seeing even more racers making the qualifying and racing even better!!!

Check us out in facebook RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION or at the PITTSBURGH AUTORAMA or at the CLEVELAND AUTORAMA or on YELLOWBULLET.COM in the 'lets talk drag racing' section.

Renegade Racing Association - Street car Outlaw Limited Street, 8.90/9.90/10.50 Index Racing

SPONSORS
http://www.ultratechracecars.com/, http://www.goodyear.com/, Skippy Did It Race Cars, http://tidyno.com/, JOHNBOY PHOTOGRAPHY, http://chumleymotorsportsohio.com/, http://www.cpautographics.com/...eythompsontires.com/

http://renegaderacingassociation.com/

Posts: 201 | Location: Geneva, Ohio, USA | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COOK E:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
why don't we start a list on here of improvements at PRP for next year?
I'll start it off.
Get rid of the steel guide rails and grass between them and the strip.
NEXT ------>?
whats up with Greg Miller leaving...?

Saw that too COOK E

http://www.yellowbullet.com/fo...wthread.php?t=299966

The times I was at PRP this year, everything was great. Don't know why the owner would want to change that.

Posts: 51 | Location: Niles, OH | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nice seeing on the PRP site the improvements have started. Sure have some nice weather this week to do them.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
X2^^^^^

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Markie,
All i can say is if you want to do anything with spray the last 100 feet you need a BIG hit!! Better have the parts to go 250 shot.. Just my opinion but I know 175 doesnt do much between the mph cone and stripe on a progressive! Go big or go home....God knows you cant drive a golf cart!!!!

Have a good winter Youaaaalllll!
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Markie good points. Not taking any of it the wrong way just wanted to understand your choice. Methanol is a great fuel as well and you will be very happy with it.

You can spray with E85 and have no issues with it. Just have to bump up the fuel side of the spray.

There are two different blends that we get here 70% in the winter and 85% in the summer. Both are over 106 octane. What I do is fill 2 drums when the summer blend comes in and they will have it at the pumps through September.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i too am going the alcohol route...but im using a belt driven pump instead of electric. i cant wait to get the whiskeyrunner back on the track

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Alcohol is for drinking. Big Grin

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
you would know deniker...do you even remember bracket finals?? haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What do you mean Lou? I wasn't the one gettin ran into.. instead I was the one drivin away from the pileup 8 deep on my cart.. sounds like good drivin to me.. I'm thinking 250 or 300 too btw