DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear for your loss! Didnt know him but the racing community is close no matter!

Prayers from the Grecos

LJ
p.s. Dale Greenawald you have a PM

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thomas R. Jones

Thomas R. Jones, 48 of Charleroi, PA, Formerly of Bentleyville died Friday November 5, 2010 as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident. He was born May 3, 1962 in Washington, PA a son of Alexia Delopitro Jones of Charleroi and Jack Jones of Bentleyville. Mr. Jones was a 1980 graduate of Charleroi High School and for the past 15 years was co-owner of Junction Transmissions located on Rt.51 in Belle Vernon. He enjoyed shooting pool with a local pool league and also enjoyed Drag Racing at the Pittsburgh Raceway. He was a member of the Tuesday Night Bowling League at Tan-O-Bell Lanes, Bentleyville American Legion, Independent Club and the Eagles all of Bentleyville. Surviving in addition to his parents is a sister – Kathy Kefover (Heath) of Claysville, PA: One brother – James Jones (Linda) of Canton,GA; Niece – Lauren Jones; Nephew – Zach Boyanton; Fiance – Michele Hartley of New Eagle, PA; Step-son- Guy Hartley of New Eagle; Three step-sisters – Jackie Lutes and Denise Gallucci both of Upper St. Clair, Linda Pajak of Tucesdale. Deceased is his step-mother, Jean Jones; Maternal Grandparents – Alex and Mary Delopitro; Paternal Grandparents – Tom and Beulah Jones.

Friends will be received 2 to 4 & 7 to 9pm Monday in the Greenlee Funeral Home 619 Main St. Bentleyville, PA where services will be held at 11:00am Tuesday November 9, 2010 with Rev. Suzanne Currie officiating. Interment will be in the Mon Valley Memorial Park, Donora. In lieu of flowers, the family suggest contributions may be made to the Autism of Pittsburgh, 3420 Fifth Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3205.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Sad news my deepest condolences to the jones family.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What does everyone have planned for this winter as far as upgrades go?

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Head13:

new car new motor, other than that not much...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

New motor, dart based... more weight

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:

New motor, dart based... more weight

Your going to have a really fun time trying to hook, with more power!!! Time for a glide!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im actually gonna try to make it leave softer but pull more mph so I dont have so many traction issues. I went with the dart block because a factory 302 block is so bad the mosst you can bore them to is .040 over and mine is just worn out. Im guessing the ET will be the same maybe a little slower but should run more mph.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
over the winter im switching the camaro to run on corn juice. have a new quick fuel 1050 E85 dominator going on it.
also added a rear sportsman wing and fuel access door. might be able to put it in the 9.40s next year on the corn Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
I'm changing the oil and plugs! New windows so I can see coming down the return road. (did you ever see Ace Ventura)
Hey Hammer...you"ll love the trap door for the fuel..Just dont leave the fuel cap off twice! I almost got tossed out of the Jegs race!!!lol

Have a good winter! I'm in Florida enjoying great weather after blistering cold at norwalk!

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
lou,
ill do my best not to forget to put it back on lol.
hard to miss it, it has a RJS cell and the cap is like 7" in diam.
have fun in Fla.

i did have a pretty good helper installing the wing and door., ryan made sure i didnt miss any of the holes i needed to drill Banging Head

i think i lost count at 247 of them

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm changing the chassis configuration on my bike and re-tuning and adding more boost for more horsepower. Hopefully over 500 hp at the wheel and hopefully it doesn't end up like this:

Car

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
well....for those of you that remember my flat black car...im finally gonna finish it. i bought the motor outta the conrathmobile to put in my car...putting it on alcohol. its got full caltrac suspension...gonna put an 8 point cage in it but keeping the whole interior in it. gonna be completely street legal when im done with it but in reality it should be a good bracket car. it will be footbrake only...setting it up to run top and mod every weekend if we still have a track next year haha. defiantly gonna put mufflers on it too...cause youre only cool if you run mufflers...loud racecars are a thing of the past lol i might even put a plate under the carb...depends on funds

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Building a new motor and unlike Mikey adding weight to gain a stronger block Razz I'm basing mine off a Ford aluminum Teksid block, good for 900+ hp on a factory block, 68lbs lighter than my iron block. A current production WAP aluminum block from Ford is another 5lbs lighter. Reusing the 4v pistons in block since they will bump my compression 2+ points to about 11.7:1, swap the rods for a set of forged pieces to handle the lil bump in rpm. Swap the cam and intake and move my shift points from 6500 to 7500-7800rpm. Stock crank is known to work well above 9500rpm with proper prep. Tap block and add drain tubes to move oil from returns below crank, add full windage tray and few other lil things to help squeeze this lil 281 for all it's gonna be worth and then some. Add some cam followers/lash adjusters off the Ford GT engine which are lighter and better design plus allow for more oil to cam journals and less thru lash adjusters. All motor and aiming for 11.5's Big Grin

Starting with a '95 Lincoln Mark 8 4v motor for the shortblock. Heads may go on my iron block for a blower build.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Galanda,

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed I wouldnt worry about the high RPM's can it handle the 6K neutral drops on the line? Tongue

Sounds like you guys have some good plans for the offseason.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
WHEELIE BARS!!!! big idea

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mr. O, you have a PM

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jt.. have you thought about limiting the front end travel? That will calm down your mega wheelies.. wheelie bars make it hard to tie the car down.. they are a pain.. cadamore I can't wait to see the whiskey back on the track.. and as for my car goes.. I'm going to fix the 2 header tubes that are cracking, convert to alcohol and add the spray underneath the new apd carb.. not gonna say how much but let's just say it will launch twice if you catch my drift Smile Smile

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Ed I wouldnt worry about the high RPM's can it handle the 6K neutral drops on the line? Tongue

Sounds like you guys have some good plans for the offseason.

LOL I leave at 6500-6700

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
200+ shot Markie? ...nice...

Methanol is the answer guys...keep thinking that!!! Haha

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post