DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
i often said that the ideal place for an indoor drag strip was in hollidaysburg.

they have the conrail car shops just sitting there.
that place is HUGE plenty enough room for an 1/8th mile strip, shutdown, stands, parking inside, pits ect.
and already has the ventilation system in place for when they ran the trains into the shop.

Originally built by the Pennsylvania Railroad at a cost of $14 million & opened in 1956, the (then) state-of-the-art Samuel Rea Car Shops employed over 1400 people, and could produce 50 new freight cars each day:

the main building was 2660' long x 180' wide, housing it's own offices, machine shop, welding shop, capenter's shop, blacksmith, cafeteria, locker rooms, and heating plant.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
That would ring your ears bad I bet.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Wow that's quite a building. They also built railroad cars in Butler at the old Pullman Standard plant but I never really saw how big the building was in that location. It also closed years ago. Lots of history in this area and a lot of good jobs lost over the years. I wish I could post some old pictures that were on Moparts of an old indoor drag strip but I have problems pasting and copying.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
That would ring your ears bad I bet.

That's what I thought Bob but the air ventilation system was to be located at track side and was designed to also dampen the noise.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think thats where mufflers would come into play lol.
but i think now days. there are alot of cars at the track that do run mufflers

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if you dont run mufflers...you arent cool!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:

Oh Yeah? Well I don't run mufflers and I'm....well I see what you mean. Frown

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:

im not cool matt and i definitely run mufflers.
lets me hear more thats going on

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Check out that link above the picture. Those were some crazy times.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What is the elevation at PRP? Thanks

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
everything i have seen says its 1180'

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Wow, almost 48 hours and nothing.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

Until you screwed up the silence.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

LMAO!

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

LMAO![/QUOTE

x2 Big Grin

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Okay since the silence has been broken can somebody hook me up with a phone number or e-mail address for Keith Bronson? Trying to get ahold of Tim with the Tim's toy dodge but number somebody gave me for his son seems to be wrong number and I know Keith can hook me up.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Pics of locals from the Halloween Classic:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post