DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Prayers from Lou, Jean and Josie Greco..

Chuck..did you hide all week in the motorhome?

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I need a some contact info for Tim with the Tim's Toy blue dodge, a phone number or address would be great.I was supposed to give him my info at the classic but forgot and don't remember his last name. Or contact info for Keith Bronson because he could hook me up with Tim.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Son's number. 724 388 2270.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob!

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
Great news my Dad gets to come home on Wednesday. I would like to thank everyone for the thougths and prayers.

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome news, JT, so glad to hear it.

Lou, the wind was a bear for me to deal with. I'm good with cold temps, but I've waited on too many buses with the wind howling, that I can't stand it. So I was in the truck or motorhome a lot. I did get some pics, including you, over the weekend. I was also afraid that my late reaction times were contagious. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
finally took the engine apart after the bracket finals. I think I found the problem but other then that the shortblock, bearings... all looked like new after 3 full seasons.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
**** ell buff out....Ask Cadamore.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Think there was any particular cause for that? Glad everything else made it alright.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good to hear everything else was alright.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
lost that much of the head gasket and the head didn't get torched? Lucky You...
Obviously ..

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Cometic gaskets.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Looks like felpro Christine.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Looks fine to me.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yep, they were Fel Pro. I've already been plugging the Cometics to him... since he won't just add a tube of Alumaseal and run it.
I'm stupid Laughing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Think there was any particular cause for that? Glad everything else made it alright.

The only thing I can think of a bad gasket or or for some reason it just didn't seal well there... maybe the block wasn't true? The heads were just done and milled before being assembled. These stock 302 blocks are so weak that they move around like a wet noodle so maybe from the distortion? The head seems to be fine I was also worried about torching the head especially since I made 3 pass on it with that gasket Eyes I have plans for a DART block for next year but it might slow me down being my factory block weighs 80lbs and the dart weighs 170lb haha.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Cometic gaskets.

Thats the plan so far I just dont like the idea of having to have a certain finish on the head and block. I was told that the fel pro performance that I was running are terrible and to run a fel pro #9333pt1 and they are cheap but never blow.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Beavis, you said.... Laughing

Happy birthday to Rich Penn! Hope you have a good one, buddy!
Party

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday KOS!! 29 this time?

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post