DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, it's much more fun being a keyboard racer(NOT)!!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Bob...I blew off the Classic also...taking Heather out for dinner for our aniversary. But....I'll be at the track tomarrow. Since the Jegs Doorslammer deal is 1/8th mile and now we have to have a NHRA lisc and cert...the only way I'm going is if I slow the car down to 6.40 so I don't need the extra paperwork(ie $ for NHRA)....My buddy with the black roadster from NY (Doug) may come out tomarrow also to do the same and leave his rig here for the bracket finals....

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
I was speaking to someone that runs in Mod class today. They expressed how they hated the 3:00 pm start time on sats. How does everyone else feel?

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Kiel
posted Hide Post
I could go back to the noon start..

Posts: 20 | Location: Portage Pa | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I love the 3:00 pm start. For one, it gives people who work Saturdays a chance to get to the track. The second thing I love about it is that it gives me the majority of the day to do things non-racing (yes some of us have non-racing things to do..lol).

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i freaking hate it..of course im done early but i still hate the late start..i think im getting back into the same old rut.."i hate everthing"

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
really p isses me off how prp changes the format after the race starts..no buy backs when they are advertised!!why?to late?if you dont want to race late then stay the f@#ck home..

I don't know why I keep banging my head against the wall thinking that PRP will EVER have a set of rules that don't get changed each and every time we race. We have a racer that runs 13.8s and never wears a helmet (and drives a ragtop to boot!) Why do I have to be the enforcer of IHRA rules and demand that the racer puts on a helmet? Where is our Management and Tech Crew?? It's still the Old Keystone where the rules are only rules when it is convenient.
BTW - it was also announced last week that the Deniker/Brewer bonus money was to be awarded the last day of points. OOPS, it's still Keystone.....
This are my words, and I stand by them.
Joan Engelhardt

Yep I agree ... KInda like changing the points format mid season for the juniors!!!!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feeling about the late start. I agree that it helps some people that work Saturday to get there but then it hurts guys like me that have to work so many sundays mornings a month. I dont want to be at the track till 2am when it takes me an hour to drive home then unhook the trailer and get a shower. This gets me to bed about 3:30am and then back up at 6am. And to make things worse I work 16 hour shifts. Yes, it is my fault because I go and race when I know that this is a possiblity. I guess my point is the late start hepls some and in turn hurts others. For the few racers that we gained with the late start I know we lost just as many because of the late night. As for the time to do the non-race things Saturday morning, if you don't mind racing late into the night you must not work Sunday so you can do your non-race things then. Just another side to think about.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
any word on racing today??i see alot of showers coming threw this am..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's still the Old Keystone where the rules are only rules when it is convenient.

OOPS, it's still Keystone.....

joan -- u have a PM

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I hate the late start. Finishing first round at 10pm sucks. I would like to see it start at noon or 1 so we are not racing until 2am. Then have to drive an hour and 45 minutes home. Just my 2 cents.

Is anybody going to columbus for doorslamer race? I'm going,should be fun.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i need a door slammer!!anybody got 1 i can take??

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of casper gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
really p isses me off how prp changes the format after the race starts..no buy backs when they are advertised!!why?to late?if you dont want to race late then stay the f@#ck home..

I don't know why I keep banging my head against the wall thinking that PRP will EVER have a set of rules that don't get changed each and every time we race. We have a racer that runs 13.8s and never wears a helmet (and drives a ragtop to boot!) Why do I have to be the enforcer of IHRA rules and demand that the racer puts on a helmet? Where is our Management and Tech Crew?? It's still the Old Keystone where the rules are only rules when it is convenient.
BTW - it was also announced last week that the Deniker/Brewer bonus money was to be awarded the last day of points. OOPS, it's still Keystone.....
This are my words, and I stand by them.
Joan Engelhardt

congrats for not being afraid to say whats on alot of regular racers minds.
between the selective rule enforcement, the 3pm starts & the general b/s (come on points championship decided by a coin toss) I'm glad I have moved on.
I have found out quite a few things this summer & the most important is that my money spends at any racetrack, for all the times I (& many of you guys/gals too) have said "be glad you have a place like PRP to race" I was wrong.
I/we are the consumer, the track needs us to stay in buisness, not the other way around.
hopefully the pitiful experiment this summer at PRP has been will help to straighten the place out.

Posts: 12 | Location: Creighton Pa | Registered: April 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I personally know 4 or 5 racers that did not race this year because of the late starts!! I think 11 am or 12 works better for everyone!

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i just saw some pics on another site.
anyone have any info on the dragster that broke both lower tubes on a pass yesterday? just couldnt see a number or name on on it.

just glad no one was hurt. that could have been a bad one

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Barry on your win on Sunday! I think you have one of the strongest Street Teams ever for this year and I predict MANY points for your Street Racers! Good Luck to all my friends!! YaYa Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just want to thamk all the people involved with making our nostalgia day a huge success. Everyone from the track crew(I still luv ya Greg)to the racers and most of all the spectators and cruisers. I heard the cruise was awsome.Didn't have much time to get over there. Heard all the racers were pleased and want to come back so this can only get bigger and better.Thanks again to all involved.
My thoughts on the late starts,I don't like it for one, the Jr's shouldn't still be there at 10 o'clock at night running with 3hrs inbetween rounds. Too hard to dial the car and a long day for the parents too. I too have an hours drive and am one of the last people to leave "cause of shooting pictures in Victory Lane. Really long day for me. Enough rambling, see you all Thursday. Go team PRP!!! Trub

Posts: 23 | Location: pittsburgh pa. | Registered: December 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Congrats to Chuck T. On his win last night!!!

Thanks Mark!

Congrats to my Bro Barry for knocking out the win in Street yesterday. I sure hope you are right Joan!

Congrats to to Dale Duche for the win yesterday. He was knocking that tree over and running right on every pass. Always good to see Bubba Black at PRP too, congrats on the runner up.

Congrats out in Moparland too, to AJ Casini making it down to 5 cars (7th round!) in Super Pro yesterday at Norwalk's Chrysler Classic, and to Nick Bowman going to the semifinal in Sportsman.

Man what an awesome weekend. Drag Week was so cool! I really hoped we would see the first 6 second pass of Drag Week at PRP, but the air just wasn't there for it after Thursday night's rain. Lutz loved the traction, 1.12 60' in the 3600 pound '57 Chevy. The PRP track staff and employees deserve a big time pat on the back. Many racers set their personal bests Friday, they had a blast, loved seeing all the people that came out to watch on a Friday morning, and said this was the best stop of the week.

The PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals was a fantastic event as well. The Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Cars, the Southern Slingshots, stock and super stock, nostalgia super stock, all the stick cars from UMTR and Pro Stick, and the cars making fun runs put on an incredible show. The car show field was packed with sweet rides of many makes.

Hopefully we ride this wave of good mojo and bring the team title back where it belongs!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
(Putting on best announcer voice)
Aaattention in the pits, attention in the pits... Rich Paton III turns 40 today!!!

Happy birthday Rich! I'm hoping the cell pics of the board come out good enough for me to post. Big Grin I should have got one of you bling-blingin'

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Good job Chuck!!!!

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post