DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
anyone have the results?
i for one am really grateful to dragway 42 on having the live feed up. just wish the server wouldnt cut the feeds just as some key races came up Eyes
jr finals, it went off line just as they came to the box, same with the no box finals and no mod finals.
but it was really nice top see team PRP dominate the rounds and show once again,. if you come to race the race on the track and not a practice tree, PRP is always gonna come out on top
great job TEAM PRP

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not worthymikey balaska you are the man!!awsome job,very well deserved win.and big congrats to scotty on the runnerup and aj on the semi's

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is anyone going to post how we did?

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Special Congratulations to Mikey "T-Type" Balaska for pulling off one of the greatest upset wins since Denny Weimer won Street Champion with a broken altenator at Bracket Finals! The FINAL THREE in Mod were AJ Casini, Scotty Campbell and Mike - and Mike's engine was kaput the previous round!! All three of these guys proved themselves to be fierce competitors as well as TRUE SPORTSMEN and IHRA should give them all Ironmen Trophies!! I cannot believe how exciting the bracket finals were this year!
Big Hoorahs also to Champions Mia Tedesco and Tom Scott for their decisive wins in The Champions Race, and to The Pittsburgh Junior Dragsters for kicking butts and taking names all weekend!!!
Team PRP Rules again! YaYa Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What a great weekend of racing. Congrats to Mikey and Scotty for making the final today. Mikey you did great. You handled the pressure like a champ.

Great job to Dave Poorman, Markey Brewer, Mike Egan and Ron Boyce as well. At 17 cars there were 7 PRP drivers left in Mod. Way to go guys.

Have to give a shout out to Jake Meinert for making the semis in box. You were driving great all day.

As a side note congratulations to Mark Romeo for winning to Modified Championship. Ron and Mark ran off after all the finals were completed today. Way to go Mark.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Jim Laurita and crew for winning the ADRL pro nitrous event at Norwalk !
Quite an accomplishment Obviously.....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wanted to extend my congrats to all the PRP bracket racers who did their best at the 2010 Bracket Finals. The PRP Mod guys, were on top of their game, and ended up with 3 PRP racers in the finals. Kudos to u guys-- Mark Romeo-- congrats to u for the Mod Championship, and Ron for runner up. Mikey Balaska, I tip my hat to u for a fantastic showing of ur racing abilities, your fortitude for hanging in there, and giving it every shot u could, without giving up. You REALLY deserved that win, and I hope ur little Pony isn't hurt too bad. Scotty, and AJ- you guys always amaze me, at ur stamina, and racing abilities. Tom Scott, and Jake Meinert, congrats to u for ur great racing, and all juniors that did a tremendous job, with all the excellent competitors there. Team PRP, earned a lot of respect, and won this year in style. Thank you all for ur efforts, and sportsmanship.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Huge congrats to Mikey Balaska for winning Modified at Bracket Finals! He was .0001 in the semis and .009 in the final with a broken car. Not many people could have pulled off the seemingly impossible like he did! Congrats to Scotty on the runner up as well!

A big congrats to my brother-in-law Jake as well. He had teen packages all day and lost in the semis with a .012 package to his opponents .008 package. Not much he could do, but he had an awesome weekend!

Congrats to Mark Romeo for the Mod Championship too.

It was a fun weekend Big Grin

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey, everyone! If you missed Bracket Finals this year, you missed alot. It wasn't as exciting from the team championship standpoint. Pittsburgh absolutely ran away with the whole thing! 3 Juniors still in at 5 cars!! 5 Mod guys still in at 9 cars and three of them took it to the end!!! Everyone was amazing. Unfortunately, I never heard a points total at the end. Would love if someone could let us know! I do know we had 66 1/2 points and were 20+ points ahead of the next closest team somewhere in the middle of the 4th round!!! 42 was next and Beaver was behind them. A shout out to our buddy Bob Klock who took Street! Bob and Tammy, and Gunner and Jenn Miller, take really good care of us when we are up there at the Beaver racing! Tons of great people there and when you see me cheering for them (first, you know they are not running a PRP racer!LOL) that is why! I am happy for all of my friends when they do well.

Last but definitely not least...I am so proud of Mark for taking the PRP Modified championship!! He is an amazing racer and this is one more achievement in his racing career. Congrats to Ron Boyce! He had a great season also and he and Mark ended up tied for first in a group of racers that went on to dominate Bracket Finals as it did! Outstanding, everyone!!!

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by momma romeo:
Unfortunately, I never heard a points total at the end. Would love if someone could let us know!

I posted the full rundown in the "Div 3 Bracket Finals" thread in the Main section of DRR.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't even know where to start... I'm so tired and spent but still wired up. Last point total I heard for us was 78. Congrats to all of Team PRP for an outstanding season, and bringing this championship back to PRP where it belongs. Thank you Michael and Carmen for everything you did for us this weekend. Thank you to all who cheered me up after I lost (by .0006 in a double breakout). Thank you to my friends AJ, Brianna, Rich Penn, Barry-Teresa-Josh Barnett, Joey Pinskey, Shelly, Mark and Beth Romeo, Amy Romeo, MIkey, Amber, and Diesel for making it a great weekend with a ton of laughs and good food, along with a marathon game of Taboo. Congratulations to Mikey Barnyk for the runner up in junior dragsters, and the entire junior dragster team for how awesome they did all weekend. Great job Jake Meinert, wow what a race you had. The Modified class was unreal... 7 in at 17 cars, 5 in at 9 cars, last 3 are AJ, Mikey, and Scotty. When it was 9 cars, the guy Mikey was racing red lit. I turned to celebrate, never seeing Mikey leave or bail out of the pass, had no idea he was having a problem til I got back to the pit. A cylinder was dead, guess is at this point it's an injector or something in the wiring harness. I'm so proud of my buddies AJ, Scotty, and Mikey, to be the final 3, with all 3 driving great all weekend. With AJ and Mikey already having byes, that put Scotty in thr final. Mikey threw a dial on the window hoping the car would cover it. He maintained his focus and composure to hit the .0001 and the car ran well enough to back into Aj with an 8.01 on an 8 flat. In the final,, Mikey said the car was worse, so the dial went up to an 8.20. And when he took a large bump in, I thought for sure he was going red, but he was .009 green. This is why you never give up, and fight til you can't fight anymore. Congratulations to my Brother and teammate, Mike Balaska, 2010 IHRA Division 3 Modified champion!

Congratulations to Mark Romeo on the PRP Modified class championship, and to Ron Boyce for an awesome season.

Thanks to Matt Obertanec and Rob Bercschneider for jump starting me and helping me get home.

Whew. Homer sleep now.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
#1 - (78) Pittsburgh
#2 - (48) Dragway 42
#3 - (47) Beaver Springs
#4 - (46) Thompson
#5 - (36) Empire
#6 - (33.5) Skyview
#7 - (29) Kanawha Valley
#8 - (28) Dunn Tire
#9 - (13) New England

thanks triplenickle for posting the final scores.

nothing like a 30 point lead to show just what domination is !!!!
great job TEAM PRP

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
Congratulations to Jim Laurita and crew for winning the ADRL pro nitrous event at Norwalk !
Quite an accomplishment Obviously.....

How about Jim Laurita! With all the million dollar budgets racing in ADRL, it's great to see a local team like Jim's take home a win. John Vergotz also qualified but couldn't make first round.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
John had a lot of carnage and it will be a while till they are back. But they sure are a hard working group. Certainly not deserving of all these problems. John and Brian have to wonder what is next.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<wicked1320>
posted
A few pics of some of the Pittsburgh Pro Mod guys at the ADRL Ohio drags. This race is absolutely amazing to see. It was wild to see so many passes in the 3.60-3.99 range in the eighth.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Way to go Jimmy and Crew. That is awesome to have a local guy show off at that race. Great Job!

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Great Job to all of team PRP!!!! I am so proud to be apart of such an outstanding team. I may not have contributed to the team point total, but I was there to support our guys/girls every single step of the way!!!

Domination is an understatement. At 19 cars in Mod we had 7 of them!!! At 3...we had all 3!!! AMAZING

AJ, Mike, Scotty you guys did an outstanding job and I have the utmost respect for each of you. When I grow up I want to be just like you guys!!! HAHA

Great job to Mikey Barnyk, and Jake Meinert as well for the late round appearances.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty Phillips
posted Hide Post
congrats pittsburgh on an outstanding display of racing, just a side note, you guys got to take home the championship but i got to take home the singer, lol!! but seriously, had a great time, i think one of the reasons u guys did so well was cause i was in your pits the whole weekend. thanks guys it was a great weekend alot of fun, and hoping to make it back for the ghosts and goblins race.

2009 SUMMIT SUPER SERIES BOX WORLD CHAMPION!!!

2010 HAS BEEN
2011 LIKE TO TELL STORIES ABOUT 2009
2012 RELOCATING TO KY.

Posts: 100 | Location: lagrange ky | Registered: October 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Nice to meet you and your lovely wife this weekend Scotty, and thank you for buying 50/50 tickets from me. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Scottie, you are a lucky man! Your wife is beautiful and her voice is too. We really enjoyed her version of the National Anthem this weekend! Thanks, Tara... great job!

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post